1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howard must really love this movie huh.
View attachment 575729

I almost laughed when I saw that on social media because even ESB did not get this much attention.

If I recall correctly, I believe he said a very long time ago that Anakin was his favorite character and his dream figure to make.

He must like the PT a good amount. Maybe AOTC is his favorite PT film; ROTS got glossed over and TPM was barely a blip.

Since they’re going all out, we could definitely see Episode II Padme, Anakin, and Obi-Wan and even a couple of Battle of Geonosis Jedi. The Clone officers are easy, though I would rather have gotten the ROTS commanders first.

I can just picture it now… 32 AOTC figures from now till 2026, all leading up to the grand finale with a $600 Dexter Jettster. This is after Jocasta Nu and Elan Sleazebaggano have tied for figure of the year 2025, of course.

7C0EB836-BFAE-4BB1-AFE6-25B2046FA127.gif

I almost laughed when I saw that on social media because even ESB did not get this much attention.

If I recall correctly, I believe he said a very long time ago that Anakin was his favorite character and his dream figure to make.

He must like the PT a good amount. Maybe AOTC is his favorite PT film; ROTS got glossed over and TPM was barely a blip.

Since they’re going all out, we could definitely see Episode II Padme, Anakin, and Obi-Wan and even a couple of Battle of Geonosis Jedi. The Clone officers are easy, though I would rather have gotten the ROTS commanders first.

I can just picture it now… 32 AOTC figures from now till 2026, all leading up to the grand finale with a $600 Dexter Jettster. This is after Jocasta Nu and Elan Sleazebaggano have tied for figure of the year 2025, of course.

View attachment 575732
Yeah, the AOTC love is a bit curious, but if you think about the number of Jedi they could make that would cover the entire PT, maybe it benefits us in the long run. Padme, Anakin and Obi-Wan almost certainly get made and perhaps that Kit Fisto we've seen for so long.

Yeah, the AOTC love is a bit curious, but if you think about the number of Jedi they could make that would cover the entire PT, maybe it benefits us in the long run. Padme, Anakin and Obi-Wan almost certainly get made and perhaps that Kit Fisto we've seen for so long.
This is all because Howard has been too rough with the old prototypes and he needs replacements.

688Z5l.gif

I’m just going to assume Howard loves AOTC, but PT/TCW fans stand to benefit so it’s a good thing.

It’s interesting that AOTC could end up having the most robust and complete character lineup of any of the films next to ANH, which is the only film so far that feels fully represented (even though there are always more characters that could be made from it).

Probably they didn't pay this much attention to anniversary. Fans spoke and now they are doing it. Either way, collectors should benefit. Hoping for Padme, Mace, Kit and B2 droids.

Since the Imperial protos that were shown years ago will never be made, at least HT could make a Death Star Droid. Heck, I would take one from Sideshow too

Maybe we are getting these graveyard figures because Howard already has the prototypes ready and it’s cheaper than fully developing a new figure. Bespin luke and C3po were shown years ago. The clones and r2 are reused parts and the battle droid is a color variant of the original one that was shown. Not much new was developed except for accessories and the pilot helmets. With the delays, maybe hot toys isn’t making the money they usually do and this is an easy way to recoup.

Not my favorite prequel film, but there are some cool characters. If another wave means Mace Windu, Padme, and maybe long shot that Kit Fisto that was previewed I’ll be happy.

I don’t really care that much about an Episode II Obi-Wan or Anakin if they’re in the cards.

If they do a Droideka and B2, they'd better do Nute Gunray to go with them.

TPM/AOTC Gunray is such a cool looking alien, I just know its so low on the totem pole.

We'd get Bespin Han and Carbonite variant of him before Nute Gunray.

AOTC would be ranked 7 out of 9 for me of the Skywalker movies, but there are some great prequel characters even if some of the moments are subpar, so if we are actually getting Mace, Padme and Kit, I don’t care what movie’s banner they’re under.

Here’s hoping for Chancellor Palpatine too.

I would assume most would want a Padme pre-cat scratch. Howard could double dip on that one. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, SBD make sense. Possibility of a destroyer droid too. Might have to wait a little longer on Kit, but he might come with more Jedi down the road.

Maybe we are getting these graveyard figures because Howard already has the prototypes ready and it’s cheaper than fully developing a new figure. Bespin luke and C3po were shown years ago. The clones and r2 are reused parts and the battle droid is a color variant of the original one that was shown. Not much new was developed except for accessories and the pilot helmets. With the delays, maybe hot toys isn’t making the money they usually do and this is an easy way to recoup.
Actually a good point. I’m not against it as we’re getting some good stuff that was previously shown.

It feels like Hot Toys are trying a little harder recently. More announcements and they’ve churned out a lot of releases over the past month or so. Plus a better social media presence.

Fixed for truth.
I mean, not shocking that a business owner wants to make money. Truth be told though I think he must really love the film as well because amongst the Star Wars fanbase Attack of the Clones is largely one of the least popular entries. Probably the least liked film in the franchise aside from the sequels.

I mean, not shocking that a business owner wants to make money. Truth be told though I think he must really love the film as well because amongst the Star Wars fanbase Attack of the Clones is largely one of the least popular entries. Probably the least liked film in the franchise aside from the sequels.
Just look at the SW checklist. Three figures up to this point? If it was his favorite, I would imagine he would have pushed more releases. Jedi/Clones print money. Just look at what Mando pushed out and no way Kuiil/blurrg will sell better than any Jedi in the PT.

Back