1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just look at the SW checklist. Three figures up to this point? If it was his favorite, I would imagine he would have pushed more releases. Jedi/Clones print money. Just look at what Mando pushed out and no way Kuiil/blurrg will sell better than any Jedi in the PT.
But look at it now. It’s going to surpass either of the other two prequels in terms of releases clearly. Who knows what the reason for the wait was, but it must be favored.

Maybe we are getting these graveyard figures because Howard already has the prototypes ready and it’s cheaper than fully developing a new figure. Bespin luke and C3po were shown years ago. The clones and r2 are reused parts and the battle droid is a color variant of the original one that was shown. Not much new was developed except for accessories and the pilot helmets. With the delays, maybe hot toys isn’t making the money they usually do and this is an easy way to recoup.
I like to think that Howard has heard the vitriol of the people for teasing a Kit/Padme/etc. and not delivering at the time. Or he could have had this planned all along, just used them for display items at the time and the blowback was just confirmation that it was the right decision to make all of these figures.

We can talk about how AoTC is probably not a top 3 film for the franchise (or top 5), but the film is filled with characters that would make great figures and bring in good money, between the clones, Jedi, droids, and aliens, it is rich with figures to be made.

I wasn't expecting such a focus on it, but if it means we get more clones, Mace freaking Windu, and Padme, I'm down.

I do wish ESB had this type of anniversary though, especially with the bounty hunters, besides Fett, all begging to be made, but the PT films do have a larger selection to choose from.

I honestly assumed when/if we got these figures like the droids, more clones, and Jedi, they'd throw them under the TCW banner, especially with how successful that line has been for them so far.

We can talk about how AoTC is probably not a top 3 film for the franchise (or top 5), but the film is filled with characters that would make great figures and bring in good money, between the clones, Jedi, droids, and aliens, it is rich with figures to be made.

I wasn't expecting such a focus on it, but if it means we get more clones, Mace freaking Windu, and Padme, I'm down.

I do wish ESB had this type of anniversary though, especially with the bounty hunters, besides Fett, all begging to be made, but the PT films do have a larger selection to choose from.

I honestly assumed when/if we got these figures like the droids, more clones, and Jedi, they'd throw them under the TCW banner, especially with how successful that line has been for them so far.

Howard said in an interview that he's waiting for the classic bounty hunters to show up in the new shows. Well, there's at least 1 in Kenobi so let's see if he's true to his word.

I am thinking of the money saved with these reveals. The only one I am remotely interested in is the "shiny" clone trooper, and he's definitely not a priority. Way down the list.

I find it absolutely un-ironically hilarious that we do not have Padme or Windu announced. WTF is the POINT of teasing such a release and we get none of the stars of the show....? What passes for coherent thought at the Secret Lair? I have no effing clue.

Fail, Howard. You done failed big time.
I agree 100% with you.

Yep, and truthfully a lot of that was probably by design. The prequels definitely were made for merchandising. Despite the films not being the best there’s money to be made off of cool looking characters.

Not my favorite Star Wars film by any stretch, but I’m probably getting Jango when it releases and of the announcements yesterday I want C-3PO and a couple Battle Droids and a Shiny Clone.

From Secret Base photos. Revving up for Doctor Strange releases, but I spy one SW slot in the back:

279902625_5086770201391547_8649897185010849908_n.jpg

Howard said in an interview that he's waiting for the classic bounty hunters to show up in the new shows.

What a stupid ******* excuse! They're already popular now, but he wants to wait to see if some variation of them shows up first? Actually that sounds about right. Release the unwanted versions first.

A great month for Star Wars reveals.
No doubt Kenobi Kenobi may reveal at Celebration at the end of the month.

Looking forward to seeing a Mace,Padme,Anakin and Obi Wan reveal tonight.
Wouldn't be surprised of a re-release of Yoda with a special display base hover chair.

What a stupid ******* excuse! They're already popular now, but he wants to wait to see if some variation of them shows up first? Actually that sounds about right. Release the unwanted versions first.
...or we get 4-LOM from Kenobi first and he doesn't sell well stand-alone and they use that as a gauge that "bounty hunters" won't sell. I'm honestly fine with my Sideshow versions.

Howard said in an interview that he's waiting for the classic bounty hunters to show up in the new shows. Well, there's at least 1 in Kenobi so let's see if he's true to his word.

I remember that! Such a head scratching comment. I don't think 4-Lom and Zuckuss would be huge game changing sellers but there is money there with Bossk, Dengar, and IG-11.

The thing that bothers me though is they’ll kinda, sorta look like the original designs but not be totally true to their original appearances - Tusken Raider….Gamorrean Guard…cough.
Just give us ESB bounty hunters.

It's honestly incredible how many people are figuratively screaming for bounty hunters and named clones and HT just keeps giving us more and more troopers from Mando. I know people got it just because it's Empire, but who the **** actually wanted an artillery trooper...specifically an artillery trooper that was on screen for 15 seconds and had a pretty stupid weapon for attacking two dudes on foot.

But yeah screw everyone who wants Fives and Bossk, let's crank out whatever the laziest thing we can.

Problem is he relies on Lucasfilm and look what they did, zero ESB bounty hunters in BoBF. 4-LOM looks to be in Obi so maybe there is more. Zuckuss would make sense they are bros, at least in the continuity that I know.

Problem is he relies on Lucasfilm and look what they did, zero ESB bounty hunters in BoBF. 4-LOM looks to be in Obi so maybe there is more. Zuckuss would make sense they are bros, at least in the continuity that I know.
All I want is Bossk.

I would assume most would want a Padme pre-cat scratch. Howard could double dip on that one. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, SBD make sense. Possibility of a destroyer droid too. Might have to wait a little longer on Kit, but he might come with more Jedi down the road.
If Hot Toys were the same company they were a decade ago I might say they could pull a DX07 Luke with her. Oh well. I'll take anything at this point. At this point, not doing Padme and Mace would be pretty disgraceful (but those May 4th announcements did happen). I think Fisto would be the most shocking reveal of the bunch.

Back