1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for today's five reveals. This being said, more prominent characters would have been welcome as well. Still think we have a chance to get Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme or even Mace in the coming weeks, months. I guess Sideshow will have the main players up for PO on their own so they don't cast a big shadow on other less exciting characters sur as the troopers we got today.

I am thinking of the money saved with these reveals. The only one I am remotely interested in is the "shiny" clone trooper, and he's definitely not a priority. Way down the list.

I find it absolutely un-ironically hilarious that we do not have Padme or Windu announced. WTF is the POINT of teasing such a release and we get none of the stars of the show....? What passes for coherent thought at the Secret Lair? I have no effing clue.

Fail, Howard. You done failed big time.

I am thinking of the money saved with these reveals. The only one I am remotely interested in is the "shiny" clone trooper, and he's definitely not a priority. Way down the list.

I find it absolutely un-ironically hilarious that we do not have Padme or Windu announced. WTF is the POINT of teasing such a release and we get none of the stars of the show....? What passes for coherent thought at the Secret Lair? I have no effing clue.

Fail, Howard. You done failed big time.

I'll reserve those thoughts if we are in the same situation after SW celebration.

Prices for todays reveals:

1651677621025.png

...and the paint job is phenomenal. Lets hope the production version looks as good.

So the rotj anniversary next year will be all reused parts too.
rotj vader
Jabbas palace r2
Jabbas palace C3po
Fett reissue
Mossy endor stormtrooper
What did I miss?

Prices for todays reveals:

View attachment 575595
david-bowie-stare.gif

You know, I've come to sort of appreciate such insane pricing. It really helps downsizing and not going nuts. ~500€ (after taxes and shipping) for a plastic robot with diecast coating... 270$ for an R2? Christ... With the way things are going I'll end up sticking to very minimum out of principle...

Makes me wonder if Celebration will be for all or specifically to showcase Obi-Wan and or D+ shows?

I’m going to see so many 3PO heads on eBay from droid army builders…

I hoped against hope the shiny clone would be sub-$200. A foolish hope, I know, but they’re just such grunts.

I’m going to see so many 3PO heads on eBay from droid army builders…

I hoped against hope the shiny clone would be sub-$200. A foolish hope, I know, but they’re just such grunts.
Sad thing is, they could probably make more profit if they made them $180 as many more people would buy multiples at that price...

Let it be known that Hot Toys did more for the anniversary of Attack of the Clones, the most hated SW movie, than they did for Empire Strikes Back, probably the most beloved SW movie.

It does seem bamboozling, perhaps they'll do something of the sort for ROTJ's anniversary next year, but we'll see.

The trooper is nice and will no doubt sell multiples. I have two sideshow ones and can’t see me trading up
r2 I have and c3po is not inte in that colour scheme.
the droid again looks great but not for me
the only one I could see myself buying is the pilot and I can’t see that selling out to quickly

Back