1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did sideshow stop doing 1/6ths for Star Wars anyway

Pretty sure it had something to do with HT getting the license and then SS becoming the distributor. I don't think they would have entered into agreement with each other if SS was a direct competitor.

Not 100% sure on this, but I think it's close.

Sorry but no interest in Phase 1 Fox, such a weird choice when he have Phase 2 Coruscant Guards.

It's definitely a weird choice and I think most would've preferred Phase 2.

Could be an indication they're only making figures from the TCW movie though.

It's definitely a weird choice and I think most would've preferred Phase 2.

Could be an indication they're only making figures from the TCW movie though.
Oh well makes it an easy pass and money saved, becoming a common occurrence these days.

Pretty sure it had something to do with HT getting the license and then SS becoming the distributor. I don't think they would have entered into agreement with each other if SS was a direct competitor.

Not 100% sure on this, but I think it's close.

Sideshow got Hot Toys's foot in the door with the license. And for a while Hot Toys wouldn't make figures Sideshow had already done well though that's in the past.

I don't think the Hot Toys license agreement specifically stipulated cancelling out Sideshow's. Sideshow continued to make figures, and still does if barely.

I think Sideshow just realized there was no point in spending resources manufacturing their own line of figures when Hot Toys is more popular and doing all the work. They could just sit back as the distributor which makes more sense from a business standpoint.

So should we expect to see something from Hot Toys later tonight, or will they hold off until Sideshow's HT Showcase stream at Noon ET tomorrow? I can't recall how it's worked in the past...

The last two years we've gotten them around 12-1 am EST, not sure if that will change, we'll find out in a few hours.

Sorry but no interest in Phase 1 Fox, such a weird choice when he have Phase 2 Coruscant Guards.

I want Fives instead but I be tellin' a lie if I say I'm not POing ASAP

FOXXXX.jpg

No, his whole paint scheme changes including the shade of red. Can’t see them doing completely interchangeable armour.

View attachment 637637

Phase 2 Fox: Awesome red armor, cool helmet, involved in dramatic political intrigue and one of the best arcs of the series.

Phase 1 Fox: Gets tricked by a bunch of turtle droids, arrests giant purple space Hutt in the movie most people forgot about.

It’s just so funny that so many people were asking for a Fox figure but they give us the wrong version lol. Can’t make this **** up.
I agree, while this armor was cool in The Clone Wars movie, the TV series' phase II armor blew this look out of the water completely. The chest armor colourway and all was pretty unique and its a shame if they don't do that version at all.

It's also an odd choice given the Coruscant guards are phase II armor...

Back