1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the The Mandalorian - Season 3 trailer, there's going to be quite a number of differently painted Hot Toys Mandalorians coming out...

I really miss the older Militaristic Mando's when they were more uniform with each other.

Now, the modern day Mando recipe is basically;

1) Choose Boba or Din v1/DW armor template
2) Throw in some Shoretrooper pieces
3) Grab random crayons from the box
4) Next
5) Rinse & Repeat

Based on the The Mandalorian - Season 3 trailer, there's going to be quite a number of differently painted Hot Toys Mandalorians coming out...

nYPiIMT.jpg

Right now, i can't say i'm excited by the prospect of seeing those getting the 1/6 treatment. Crossing fingers Hot Toys won't waste to many slots for those in their Star Wars line up this year.

I really miss the older Militaristic Mando's when they were more uniform with each other.

4) Next
5) Rinse & Repeat

You are both so right. I'm expecting the same Skittles deluge that the clone-troopers provided...

They may give each one a line or two and/or a cool action moment so that the toy market will be demanding each one.

4) Next
5) Rinse & Repeat
Well they're scattered and their entire society is fractured so it kinda makes sense that they wouldn't be uniform anymore and need replacement pieces due to the scarcity of Beskar now.

Well they're scattered and their entire society is fractured so it kinda makes sense that they wouldn't be uniform anymore and need replacement pieces due to the scarcity of Beskar now.

That's definitely plausible but I'm at a point where I don't give Disney a pass with "kinda makes sense" and just default to thinking it's just the costume department being lazy.

The Rebels/Resistance fighters aren't that desperate for armor that they need to pillage armor from the dead Troopers that they keep killing. And it totally made sense for someone like Dengar who was a Bounty Hunter and it was a one-off. So yeah, I'm just not giving a free pass to lazy costume departments:lol

Yup this^

Not to mention who knows how much of the existing armor the Armorer was able to salvage from the Covert being wiped out. Even those dudes were for the most part pretty mismatched and missing armor.

Personally, I'm happy to the see the good ol' pre-empire plates back in the mix. While I like the post imperial chest piece it's nice to see em mix it up a bit.

Yup this^

Not to mention who knows how much of the existing armor the Armorer was able to salvage from the Covert being wiped out. Even those dudes were for the most part pretty mismatched and missing armor.

Personally, I'm happy to the see the good ol' pre-empire plates back in the mix. While I like the post imperial chest piece it's nice to see em mix it up a bit.

The Mandalorians in the trailer appear to be based off of the mix of used and unused props, costumes, and concepts for the Nevarro Tribe in Season 1.

There's a fair amount of artwork of them. A number of them made it into the show in some form, either in the background in the sewers or showing up to rescue Din and Grogu. Some of the armor is also seen being recovered by The Armorer.

So aside from the real world necessities of reusing props, I appreciate the continuity it offers if these Mandos are part of The Armorer's tribe. And as others have said, the armor does make sense since they're just doing what they can to survive.

TT4.jpg

TT1.jpg
TT2.jpg
TT3.jpg

The Mandalorians in the trailer appear to be based off of the mix of used and unused props, costumes, and concepts for the Nevarro Tribe in Season 1.

There's a fair amount of artwork of them. A number of them made it into the show in some form, either in the background in the sewers or showing up to rescue Din and Grogu. Some of the armor is also seen being recovered by The Armorer.

So aside from the real world necessities of reusing props, I appreciate the continuity it offers if these Mandos are part of The Armorer's tribe. And as others have said, the armor does make sense since they're just doing what they can to survive.

View attachment 618679
View attachment 618667View attachment 618676View attachment 618681
I want a Mando with a kama so bad.

You guys are giving them way too much credit for lazily reusing shore trooper shoulder pads:lol

I liked that other members of the Nevarro tribe used repurposed Imperial armor like Din Djarin did for his Durasteel suit.

Makes sense for a ragtag group of survivors hiding out after the purge.

The Nevarro Mandos being primarily repurposed Durasteel Djarin, Death Watch, Paz Vizsla, and Imperial props gave the tribe a unique but shared aesthetic which I appreciated. Even if we didn't get to see much of them on screen.

But I do agree I'd also like to see some more uniform Mandos as well, which hopefully we will in the future.

You guys are giving them way too much credit for lazily reusing shore trooper shoulder pads:lol

I dunno I don't think its any more lazy then a bunch of clone wars deathwatch that were essentially just Jango fett, but ditch the leather. You like those. :lol

MandalorianArmor-USWNE.png

Don't get me wrong, all mandos are cool in my book, but there's a more logical (yes in universe) explanation for the covert mandos being rag tag than there is for death watch at its height to be all Jango Fett.

I liked that other members of the Nevarro tribe used repurposed Imperial armor like Din Djarin did for his Durasteel suit.

Makes sense for a ragtag group of survivors hiding out after the purge.

The Nevarro Mandos being primarily repurposed Durasteel Djarin, Death Watch, Paz Vizsla, and Imperial props gave the tribe a unique but shared aesthetic which I appreciated. Even if we didn't get to see much of them on screen.

But I do agree I'd also like to see some more uniform Mandos as well, which hopefully we will in the future.
Bo-Katan’s crew was pretty uniform.

I dunno I don't think its any more lazy then a bunch of clone wars deathwatch that were essentially just Jango fett, but ditch the leather. You like those. :lol

View attachment 618690

Don't get me wrong, all mandos are cool in my book, but there's a more logical (yes in universe) explanation for the covert mandos being rag tag than there is for death watch at its height to be all Jango Fett.

I want this.

And give me Pre Vizsla, both sets of armor for him.

In other unrelated news, Sideshow updated the look of their site.

Back