1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and along with that speculation,id love Padme and Master Mullet Obi wan.
Sideshow did an awesome job on their rendition of him and he was one of my favs.
HT need to step up asap for the 20th AOTC Wave as Jedi's 40th is creeping up quick.
Those are the main four that would round out the 20th anniversary. Kenobi/Windu and Anakin/Padme pair well together.

I don't see much, if any, more releases coming from the Obi Wan Kenobi show. Andor, maybe, will have between 3 - 5 releases? Including characters/droids/clones/troopers.

Then on the Marvel side, She Hulk/Black Panther. I could be missing a few there.

All in all, I have hope for Hot Toys finishing up or continuing their AotC line before the end of the year.

You can almost count the number of SW announcements till the end of the year. 8-10?
10 seems high.

We’ll probably get Wrecker and/or Tech when season 2 of The Bad Batch Starts.

Would imagine a figure of Cassian and a trooper or two from the Andor show.

Maybe Mace and some random Jedi and maybe a Padawan Anakin for wave 2 of AOTC, if that’s still even happening.

So yeah maybe 8 if everything goes according to plan.

How we haven't gotten General Kenobi, especially with how well they did General Skywalker and how well received that figure was, is bonkers.

Don't worry we'll get another Iron Man this week though.
I’m thinking it’s gotta be a licensing thing.

If you remember when ROTS Kenobi came out, the sculpt changed significantly enough from the prototype (a lot of it was that damn bottom lip) that there was some blowback from people. JC Hong ended up commenting that the changes were due to the licensor getting involved.

Then the Kenobi show prototype ended up looking more like Chuck Norris than Ewan McGregor, which isn’t ideal. Who knows if they’ll fix it. If they don’t, I’m guess Ewan never actually signed over his likeness rights and therefore Lucasfilm isn’t allowing actual, spot on likeness.

If TPM Padawan Obi and General Kenobi never actually go up for pre-order, I’m thinking this has to be a likeness/licensing thing and maybe not a Hot Toys thing.

I’m thinking it’s gotta be a licensing thing.

If you remember when ROTS Kenobi came out, the sculpt changed significantly enough from the prototype (a lot of it was that damn bottom lip) that there was some blowback from people. JC Hong ended up commenting that the changes were due to the licensor getting involved.

Then the Kenobi show prototype ended up looking more like Chuck Norris than Ewan McGregor, which isn’t ideal. Who knows if they’ll fix it. If they don’t, I’m guess Ewan never actually signed over his likeness rights and therefore Lucasfilm isn’t allowing actual, spot on likeness.

If TPM Padawan Obi and General Kenobi never actually go up for pre-order, I’m thinking this has to be a likeness/licensing thing and maybe not a Hot Toys thing.

Could be, good points.

Especially with how well both GI and Reva came out, they look fantastic. You'd think they'd go that extra step for the main character of the show.

Guess we'll see whenever that next AoTC wave comes out and if Padawan Anakin is part of it while mullet Kenobi is absent.

How we haven't gotten General Kenobi, especially with how well they did General Skywalker and how well received that figure was, is bonkers.

Don't worry we'll get another Iron Man this week though.
After getting anakin, it’s terrible we didn’t get general kenobi. The anakin is a great figure and is missing his master big time. It’s a pattern with hot toys:
Chirrut but no baze
Anakin without general kenobi
Bespin leia without Han
R2 without ot C3po
K2 without rogue one cassian
Dark side anakin without darth sidious
I’m sure there are a ton more
I’ll go cry now…

304313697_8718296461521105_3075984841785751415_n.jpg

They've got Ewan McGregor's likeness rights : Authentic and detailed likeness of Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series

They just missed the mark and are hopefully tweaking the sculpt before it releases in 2029.

Back