1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know who's writing the Obi-Wan series? Far as I know, Jon and Dave aren't involved. Deborah Chow is directing but that won't mean much if the writing and story is poor.

Hossein Amini was the original writer. He wrote Drive with Ryan Gosling.

Kennedy fired him. Probably because it was going to a be a slow, character based turn on Tatooine. Which is what it should be.

She dictated that they add Obi-Wan hopping planets, added Jedi killers and Vader, then hired the guy who wrote Army of the Dead.

Hossein Amini was the original writer. He wrote Drive with Ryan Gosling.

Kennedy fired him. Probably because it was going to a be a slow, character based turn on Tatooine. Which is what it should be.

She dictated that they add Obi-Wan hopping planets, added Jedi killers and Vader, then hired the guy who wrote Army of the Dead.

Well she is slackin' these days! This is not the Kathleen we know!? This is not how its done. No, you visit the set of the last "Sex and the City" movie and you find three women holding cocktails at the wrap party. You say to them "Hey! Wanna write and executive produce a Star Wars series about Obi Wan Kenobi?"

Woman 1, with a Mai Tai: "Kenobi who?"

Woman 2, sipping a Cosmo: "Kenobi must be that new Japanese designer, I was at his show on Fashion Week and it was fabulous!"

Woman 3, Long Island Iced Tea: "whats Star Wars? Is that one of those dance-off reality shows?"

Kathleen: "PERFECT!! Youre all hired! See you monday, heres some passes to the Lucasfilm parking lot!"

I wish this was a joke.

Not sure how true this is, but there was a story going around several months ago that Favreau and Feige read the original Kenobi scripts, came to the conclusion it was total crap, had the writer sacked, and demanded a total re-write with a new writer. In that version there was no Hayden Christensen, Cody and the 501st were the main villains, and Kenobi did’t even appear until the 4th or 5th episode. Honestly, as ridiculous as it sounds I can almost believe anything with this current President of Lucasfilm.

Not sure how true this is, but there was a story going around several months ago that Favreau and Feige read the original Kenobi scripts, came to the conclusion it was total crap, had the writer sacked, and demanded a total re-write with a new writer. In that version there was no Hayden Christensen, Cody and the 501st were the main villains, and Kenobi did’t even appear until the 4th or 5th episode. Honestly, as ridiculous as it sounds I can almost believe anything with this current President of Lucasfilm.
I didn’t hear quite all that but I did hear Filoni was asked for his opinion on the Kenobi script, didn’t like it at all, and that’s when they brought in a new writer.

As long as Filoni signed off on the story I’m trusting of it.

I'm amazed one of the usual suspects here didn't do this sooner....Ewokes!

ewoke.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this...

all kidding aside, this could be amazing and the kenobi show we’ve been waiting for, or a complete last Jedi part 2. I don’t know if there is any middle ground.

With the exception of Star Wars, there's very little on Disney+ I watch. Not interested in MCU stuff. I pay for each month rather than subscribe for 12 months.
Normally that'd cost more but once the latest Star Wars series has finished, I cancel my rolling monthly subscription, then resubscribe when the next series start. For example, now Mando season 2 and Bad Batch has finished, I cancelled, I'll resubscribe for BoBF. Then I'll cancel again when BoBF is finished.
I probably won't resubscribe for Kenobi. I'll wait for Mando season 3 or Ahsoka, then resubscribe at that time. Maybe go back and watch Kenobi then.

As long as Filoni signed off on the story I’m trusting of it.
This exactly.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when Filoni gets introduced to Lesley Headland’s writing team. Especially when that one particular writer tells Dave they’ve never seen Star Wars and they didn’t know Luke and Leia are brother and sister.

Back