1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Rex will be a monkeys paw situation for people who ordered from Sideshow. He’s going to come in October, but Sideshow won’t get him til February

If you don't have him by February, you may as well call it April-May. Chinese New Year is in February.

If you don't have him by February, you may as well call it April-May. Chinese New Year is in February.
Tbf, I’m just talking sideshow, watch it be another endgame cap situation lol. I know figures have released in February/March in HK so I don’t know where the 2 1/2 months comes from

Tbf, I’m just talking sideshow, watch it be another endgame cap situation lol. I know figures have released in February/March in HK so I don’t know where the 2 1/2 months comes from
Really interested in seeing how 2022 plays out.

Hobbies should be fun and this one is becoming increasingly annoying. The Fett show should be a good test of whether I still want to keep buying new HT or mostly call it quits and be happy after I get all the Mando figures from the first two seasons.

I have preordered a couple Prime1 statues and I would like to get more into the higher end stuff but the problem is I'm not interested in most of licenses the higher end companies produce. Sideshow has an apparent stranglehold on the Star Wars statue license and they simply can't compete with the industry leaders. I would kill for a 1/3 scale Prime1 Star Wars line.

Attachments

• are-you-not-entertained-entertained.gif
    are-you-not-entertained-entertained.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Crazy that Sideshow is about to ship stuff that hasn’t released in HK yet, DW Mando and VGM Miles. Pretty weird

Not really weird to be honest. I think Sideshow, as the European and American distributor is rather tired of hong kong receiving lots before them. HT probably hold back the HK release because of SS.

Not really weird to be honest. I think Sideshow, as the European and American distributor is rather tired of hong kong receiving lots before them. HT probably hold back the HK release because of SS.
I doubt it, neither company has the warehouse space to hold back stock, I think its some crazy fluke

I should add that it’s happened before with Die Cast MK 4 and IW Bucky

Thanks I just registered. Too bad Spook has been completely destroyed. It used to be pretty fun and had some decent sales with opportunities to rack up some points. Now it's a social media f***fest.

Crazy that Sideshow is about to ship stuff that hasn’t released in HK yet, DW Mando and VGM Miles. Pretty weird

So if I was running a business and someone was getting their product and selling it before my relatively big business, there would have to be some changes made. So if it was Sideshow that was playing games with copyright infringement claims to shut down TW and others, it would buy them some time to get some other things in motion to at least get the product at the same time, if not earlier.

Clearly shows how competition always benefits the consumer.

So if I was running a business and someone was getting their product and selling it before my relatively big business, there would have to be some changes made. So if it was Sideshow that was playing games with copyright infringement claims to shut down TW and others, it would buy them some time to get some other things in motion to at least get the product at the same time, if not earlier.

I just don’t see it happening, it’s probably a fluke. Sideshow got the IW Bucky the same time as Hong Kong, and that hasn’t happened again til now lol. I still believe it’s just a bizarre fluke since Hot Toys also doesn’t want to piss off their very loyal base in Hong Kong either

Didn’t this same thing happen a couple months back? People were getting emails for things arriving and it turned out to be a mistake? I’m sure I’ve seen this happen recently.

I hate how this batch nonsense has become a damn business model. I don't necessarily blame places like Toys Wonderland for the hustle but I would love to see things go back to when everyone got their figures about the same time and there was no excessively long preorder window to shake people down on price. So if Sideshow is putting their foot down I guess good for them. I would like to see the playing field more fair for the smaller retailers but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

...so is DW Mando honestly about to be in the US? this thread is confusing me.

People received shipping notice from Sideshow but there isn't any official release in HK so could be a mistake. For now it's like Tom Petty once said, you believe what you want to believe.

I hate how this batch nonsense has become a damn business model. I don't necessarily blame places like Toys Wonderland for the hustle but I would love to see things go back to when everyone got their figures about the same time and there was no excessively long preorder window to shake people down on price. So if Sideshow is putting their foot down I guess good for them. I would like to see the playing field more fair for the smaller retailers but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Covid!
I just don’t see it happening, it’s probably a fluke. Sideshow got the IW Bucky the same time as Hong Kong, and that hasn’t happened again til now lol. I still believe it’s just a bizarre fluke since Hot Toys also doesn’t want to piss off their very loyal base in Hong Kong either
I don't remember the Bucky situation. Was it shipping from HK or US? Was it just going to people in AU/US/UK?

Back