1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Pfeiffer Catwoman or Blondie from "the good, the bad ..." would be a good break.

Until I got the HT I thought the Sideshow was good. Now there really isn't much comparison, the HT is so much sharper and finer in detail. It was the same after I compared Sideshow's R5-D4 with their R2-D2, which must be down to the difference in paintwork.

I still have one Artoo displayed with the serving tray as that's his unique function. You have to watch the tray though as it's pretty flimsy. One of them broke on me as it's constructed of little segments held together with tiny pegs, and I had to glue it back together.

49473597538_73791ffbe3_o.jpg

Thank you, for your reply! He certainly doesn't look out of place in that picture! :duff

I know the chances aren't there, but I'd like an Aayla Secura figure. Given their recent Hellboy figure, I think they can pull it off well.

QPpvjvp.jpg

7iDIcWx.jpg
I'd buy Aayla & Commander Bly figures in a heartbeat.

Thank you, for your reply! He certainly doesn't look out of place in that picture! :duff

Thanks. :)

When I didn't have the HT for reference the Sideshow seemed good enough. But the HT is such a great little figure, especially with all the fine magnetic attachments. I particularly like the jointed arms that extend from his dome.

51407896108_6aa0cc04f9_o.jpg

If the Sideshow is kept apart from his rival he'll fit in, especially as a sand encrusted serving droid. lol

The only issue I had with both of my HT Artoos is that his feet sag inwards, and tip up at the outside edges:

49419446683_20de0a6a6e_o.jpg

This is accurate for certain scenes, though I'm sure it wasn't intentional on Hot Toys' part. With the one I put with the Hoth figures I trapped him between the stands of other figures to force his feet level.

Thanks. :)

When I didn't have the HT for reference the Sideshow seemed good enough. But the HT is such a great little figure, especially with all the fine magnetic attachments. I particularly like the jointed arms that extend from his dome.

If the Sideshow is kept apart from his rival he'll fit in, especially as a sand encrusted serving droid. lol

The only issue I had with both of my HT Artoos is that his feet sag inwards, and tip up at the outside edges:

This is accurate for certain scenes, though I'm sure it wasn't intentional on Hot Toys' part. With the one I put with the Hoth figures I trapped him between the stands of other figures to force his feet level.
Well, if I get this Sideshow one, that'll be my Artoo in the collection. Don't really need another then, so he won't be anywhere near a HT version. I wouldn't pose the figure with too many of his arms and attachements anyway, maybe the long range scanner or periscope, but the SS one has them as well. And as far as the sand encrusted details, I'm all for that. I like my figures a bit weathered.

So it seems like the SS one will be a good fit for me.

Thanks again! :duff

Well, if I get this Sideshow one, that'll be my Artoo in the collection. Don't really need another then, so he won't be anywhere near a HT version. I wouldn't pose the figure with too many of his arms and attachements anyway, maybe the long range scanner or periscope, but the SS one has them as well. And as far as the sand encrusted details, I'm all for that. I like my figures a bit weathered.

So it seems like the SS one will be a good fit for me.

Thanks again! :duff

Whenever a figure has the option to make two distinctive looks I usually end up buy two of them, as with Jyn Erso.

So I bought two Sideshow Artoos to have one basic, and one with the serving tray.

Same case with the Hot Toys, since he was even more versatile. So I have one 'exploded' on three legs as on Endor, using everything apart from the Dagobah lamp; and one more basic one for Hoth on two legs with just the sensor scope.

I just snapped a couple of shots of the two basic versions.

Hot Toys:

51420079605_65239edcc1_o.jpg

Sideshow:

51419861044_22767d71e3_o.jpg

While there's too much flash - the Tamashii Threepio is blinding (lol) - you might tell that the Sideshow version is somewhat softer in appearance compared to the HT.

When I look at the HT it really brings back the nostalgia of seeing colour movie promo photos of Artoo in the early days.

r2-d2-c-3po-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-1977-BNT7R6.jpg

Whereas the Sideshow is more the muted, sandy Artoo on Tatooine:

r2d2-mark-hamill-1977-HCY85B.jpg

You know, the good thing about the constant SW onslaught is that it forces me to direct my funds there and thus I don't have enough for spur-of-the-moment purchases that lead me down the rabbit hole of multiple licenses, and keep me more restrained. So there's that.

Same. I want him to be a CW release, not from a Kenobi flashback. I want his look and box to be compatible with Anakin. Wait... What if the Kenobi show features a flashback with them both in their General looks, and HT releases another, slightly altered CW General Skywalker, alongside a new, different from the proto General Kenobi? God, I hope not. I've already POed the Anakin...

PS: To this day I still can't tell the various Vader suits apart. Some curvature in the helmet, the tunic thingy resting different between the chestplate and the belt, that's all I can spot. There's going to be a RotJ Vader at some point, and probably a RotS one too. I guess it'll depend on which unmasked head I prefer.
I haven't PO'ed the General Anakin yet as I want to display him with General Kenobi and while I think HT will release him eventually, they're just whacky enough not to. I've never noted the differences in the Vaders as he's not my favorite character. I can pretty much tell you most every nuance between the Fett suits though so totally understand those who wring their hands over Vaders differences/inaccuracies...

That's only a temporary solution - you'll look at it again when you order your next figure, which will probably happen sooner than you think...no matter the lies you tell yourself. :lol Or if you're like me you just did the regular monthly update to your spreadsheet to (once again) push out payments for delayed orders.
Ahhh, but you did not foresee me "breaking" the total formula at the bottom. Now, regardless of how many pre-orders I put in, I simply see "#NAME#" as my subtotal. I can totally justify spending "#NAME#" on my little dollies... :)

I haven't PO'ed the General Anakin yet as I want to display him with General Kenobi and while I think HT will release him eventually, they're just whacky enough not to. I've never noted the differences in the Vaders as he's not my favorite character. I can pretty much tell you most every nuance between the Fett suits though so totally understand those who wring their hands over Vaders differences/inaccuracies...
I POed him instantly as I missed on the ROTS Versions, so I'm anxiously waiting for Kenobi to go up for PO, but I do fear HT pulling some wacky stunt.

Whenever a figure has the option to make two distinctive looks I usually end up buy two of them, as with Jyn Erso.

So I bought two Sideshow Artoos to have one basic, and one with the serving tray.

Same case with the Hot Toys, since he was even more versatile. So I have one 'exploded' on three legs as on Endor, using everything apart from the Dagobah lamp; and one more basic one for Hoth on two legs with just the sensor scope.

I just snapped a couple of shots of the two basic versions.

Hot Toys:

51420079605_65239edcc1_o.jpg

Sideshow:

51419861044_22767d71e3_o.jpg

While there's too much flash - the Tamashii Threepio is blinding (lol) - you might tell that the Sideshow version is somewhat softer in appearance compared to the HT.

When I look at the HT it really brings back the nostalgia of seeing colour movie promo photos of Artoo in the early days.

View attachment 536821

Whereas the Sideshow is more the muted, sandy Artoo on Tatooine:

View attachment 536822
Yes, I see what you mean. HT definitely looks like the Tantive hallway photo.

Fine with a "Star Wars reveals" break as well. Lets other licences have their time front and center this month. I guess Marvel will get a big chunk of it. Time for a couple releases though. Rex and Death Watch mando are rumored to be closing in.
Know where you heard about Death Watch Mando and Rex?

I just watched the footage. I don't know, this guy's throwing a lot of crap on the wall based on SS release dates. None of it stuck for his Summer Showcase predictions so his credibility is low for me. I kind of believe Rex is coming because the dude posted Venom AND Rex are coming and I don't think a lot people said Venom is coming since he was schedule for Q1 next year.

I just watched the footage. I don't know, this guy's throwing a lot of crap on the wall based on SS release dates. None of it stuck for his Summer Showcase predictions so his credibility is low for me. I kind of believe Rex is coming because the dude posted Venom AND Rex are coming and I don't think a lot people said Venom is coming since he was schedule for Q1 next year.
But I WANT him to be accurate... :) Really would love that Iron Patriot, Ahsoka and Death Watch sooner than later. Fun video regardless...

He’s pretty full of it, hell he vanished from us own discord group out of the blue

Back