1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the SW shows that are incoming (BoBF, Andor, Kenobi, etc) I'm both excited for all the figures that will be announced but bummed that Clone Wars will be taking a back seat to all of these. I get the feeling that it could be some time before we get another CW announcement and there is such huge potential there.

As for next HT figure, I'm really hoping it's Fennec.

With all the SW shows that are incoming (BoBF, Andor, Kenobi, etc) I'm both excited for all the figures that will be announced but bummed that Clone Wars will be taking a back seat to all of these. I get the feeling that it could be some time before we get another CW announcement and there is such huge potential there.

I am still hoping for a General Kenobi announcement before the onslaught of new shows begins...

I am good with a bit of a Star Wars break. My spreadsheet that tracks my purchases is rather frightening right now. :)

ps. I have solved the spreadsheet issue by no longer looking at it... ;)

That's only a temporary solution - you'll look at it again when you order your next figure, which will probably happen sooner than you think...no matter the lies you tell yourself. :lol Or if you're like me you just did the regular monthly update to your spreadsheet to (once again) push out payments for delayed orders.

That's only a temporary solution - you'll look at it again when you order your next figure, which will probably happen sooner than you think...no matter the lies you tell yourself. :lol Or if you're like me you just did the regular monthly update to your spreadsheet to (once again) push out payments for delayed orders.
giphy.webp

You know, the good thing about the constant SW onslaught is that it forces me to direct my funds there and thus I don't have enough for spur-of-the-moment purchases that lead me down the rabbit hole of multiple licenses, and keep me more restrained. So there's that.
I am still hoping for a General Kenobi announcement before the onslaught of new shows begins...
Same. I want him to be a CW release, not from a Kenobi flashback. I want his look and box to be compatible with Anakin. Wait... What if the Kenobi show features a flashback with them both in their General looks, and HT releases another, slightly altered CW General Skywalker, alongside a new, different from the proto General Kenobi? God, I hope not. I've already POed the Anakin...

PS: To this day I still can't tell the various Vader suits apart. Some curvature in the helmet, the tunic thingy resting different between the chestplate and the belt, that's all I can spot. There's going to be a RotJ Vader at some point, and probably a RotS one too. I guess it'll depend on which unmasked head I prefer.

Fine with a "Star Wars reveals" break as well. Lets other licences have their time front and center this month. I guess Marvel will get a big chunk of it. Time for a couple releases though. Rex and Death Watch mando are rumored to be closing in.

I wouldn't mind that, butTrapper Wolf and Pre Vizsla to represent them would probably be more marketable. Maybe even IM2 Black Widow and Happy Hogan two pack.
I just said it really because Disney Gallery was at the bottom of that list. Maybe a KK voodoo doll?

I just said it really because Disney Gallery was at the bottom of that list. Maybe a KK voodoo doll?
I wouldn't mind that, butTrapper Wolf and Pre Vizsla to represent them would probably be more marketable. Maybe even IM2 Black Widow and Happy Hogan two pack.
But yes a Happy Hogan and Trapper Wolf would be great if nothing else a thank you from Howard based on that recent interview ha ha.

I am good with a bit of a Star Wars break. My spreadsheet that tracks my purchases is rather frightening right now. :)

ps. I have solved the spreadsheet issue by no longer looking at it... ;)
I have to say I wouldn't mind a short break from SW figures either. My pre-order list is becoming quite long for my liking and because of shipping problems, there isn't any new stuff coming in, which would make the list a bit shorter. I'm still waiting on IG-11, still waiting on the Scout & Speeder set. It'll probably be around Christmas before they come in, because my local seller (Europe) has absolutely no idea when to expect them, while he usually does. So I'm afraid it'll be a long wait still.

Have to say it takes the fun out of the hobby, only ordering stuff but never getting it...

Well some former member of the avian species said there were two clones and jedi in the works... So who knows. ;)

I'm hoping Vanth is next.

Quick question of another kind; Does anyone have the Sideshow deluxe R2 (with the serving tray and whatnot)? If so, how is it holding up and how does it fit in your HT collection?

I'm looking at one now and I like the price better than the HT ones. I know it doesn't have a metal dome and no sounds, but that's not a must for me. Neither are all the gadgets and arms on the HT deluxe.

Quick question of another kind; Does anyone have the Sideshow deluxe R2 (with the serving tray and whatnot)? If so, how is it holding up and how does it fit in your HT collection?

I'm looking at one now and I like the price better than the HT ones. I know it doesn't have a metal dome and no sounds, but that's not a must for me. Neither are all the gadgets and arms on the HT deluxe.

Until I got the HT I thought the Sideshow was good. Now there really isn't much comparison, the HT is so much sharper and finer in detail. It was the same after I compared Sideshow's R5-D4 with their R2-D2, which must be down to the difference in paintwork.

I still have one Artoo displayed with the serving tray as that's his unique function. You have to watch the tray though as it's pretty flimsy. One of them broke on me as it's constructed of little segments held together with tiny pegs, and I had to glue it back together.

49473597538_73791ffbe3_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back