1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, if any figures, do y’all expect to see at SSCon?

- Wrecker
- Tech
- Crosshair
- Mando Luke with R2 and Grogu
- Koska Reeves if she isn’t cancelled
- Fennec
- Boba Fett with Throne
- Padme AOTC
- 212th Trooper
- ROTS Palpatine
- ROTS Grievous
I'd like to see:

Mando Luke
New Mando Boba Fett
ROTS Darth Sidious
ROTS Vader

What, if any figures, do y’all expect to see at SSCon?

- Wrecker
- Tech
- Crosshair
- Mando Luke with R2 and Grogu
- Koska Reeves if she isn’t cancelled
- Fennec
- Boba Fett with Throne
- Padme AOTC
- 212th Trooper
- ROTS Palpatine
- ROTS Grievous
Crosshair in his proto-Death Trooper armour is something I'd love to see.

Boba repaint from Mando is the entire reason I've not picked up a Boba yet; definitely his best look without a doubt but I'm almost certain they'll save that for the BoB!

I think my most wanted would be a ROTS/CW Sidious with two sabers and that baby smooth skin.

Obviously more Clones, but who doesn't want more of those right now 😅

Well no **** :lol All the releases thus far are based on Season 7. Ahsoka? S7. Maul? S7. 332nd? S7. Rex? S7. Shock Troopers? S7. 501st? S7. Anakin? Pretty much a mix. The only one not based on S7 is Kenobi, which has yet to be put up for PO. Realistically the only non-S7 TCW figures I can see in the future would be Cad Bane (due to Bad Batch appearance), Asajj Ventress, Plo Koon, various clones.

As far as PT figures selling for higher prices, they all do. These are all doubled right now... Maul, Dark Side Anakin, Anakin, Kenobi... Cody, Dooku, Yoda are all around 370-400 right now. Only “cheap” one is Qui-Gon who is over 300.
That Anakin is from the first two seasons. Not really anything S7 about it.

Last year at sideshow con they didn’t show many figures at all, maybe because of COVID?
They showed
40th Vader and fett who were already up for preorder
Snowspeeder Luke
Jango
Rex
Cw obi and anakin
Beskar mandalorian
I think that was it, maybe there was something else.

they will definitely show a bunch of the prototypes we already have up Like Kuiil, the armorer, and so on. Maybe we get 4 new prototypes at this and another at the next event, the same one where we saw lando last year.
I predict
Mando Luke and r2
Cobb
A mandalorian trooper
An ot (maybe bespin escape leia because it’s such an easy release)
A pt/cw (maybe padme or mace)

if general kenobi is not on display then he is officially in prototype purgatory and RIP.

Personally, I hope it is a mix of ot and cw/pt and put the mandalorian on the back burner for a while.

I would throw money out of the window for Purge Trooper. One can wish they will appear in some series like Kenobi.

Justice league cyborg teaser just went up at hot toys so maybe padme is true. Watch hot toys make her and not aotc obi and anakin.

Padme is long over due, I hope they announce her. General Kenobi is also past due. The 501 is out and Anakin and Rex are on PO. It's time for HT to start on the 212. General Kenobi, Airborne Trooper, 212 trooper :)

I think we will see Mando Luke and R2, Wrecker, Tech, Imperial Crosshair and elite squad troopers.

Justice league cyborg teaser just went up at hot toys so maybe padme is true. Watch hot toys make her and not aotc obi and anakin.
She definitely needs Padawan Anakin
An AotC lineup would be wonderful to go with Dooku and Jango. Yoda (semi) reissue too?

P1 Shinies, Lieutenants, and Commanders. Super Battle Droids and Droidekas? Could be a really exciting line.

Justice league cyborg teaser just went up at hot toys so maybe padme is true.
Came here to say this, wasn’t Padme also rumored for one of these cons? So far, it seems that all the rumors have come to fruition this year, so maybe Padme does show up at SDCC in two weeks.

I really don’t care what version they make of her, I just want her in my collection. She’s Luke Skywalker’s mother. I’d guess it’ll be the white AOTC outfit with the cap like what was teased as a proto years ago. I’ll display her with my ROS Obi-Wan and Anakin, or Clone Wars Ahsoka, and be happy.

Mando's are the new Iron Man. They'll never do that. The only time they will is for BoBF, then it's back to Mando.
Problem is, there’s not much Mando stuff left to make. As we’ve discussed here, there’s only minor characters (Luke and Cara notwithstanding) left to make. Cobb, Koska and Greef are really the last ones they can still make.

There’s Book of Boba coming in December and then a wait until Kenobi sometime next year. They’re going to need to do more Star Wars than just those five characters (if they even make all five) to kill time until Boba comes out. Even then, there will probably only be so much they can make.

It’ll get crazy when Kenobi and Andor and Mando season 3 drop but until then, I don’t think Hot Toys has a choice but to pull from OT/PT/CW.

Right before the Summer Showcase and Con, the "What if" hype train always gets out of control. Good luck with the wish lists as Howard maniacally laughs while playing with his Kit Fisto.

Right before the Summer Showcase and Con, the "What if" hype train always gets out of control. Good luck with the wish lists as Howard maniacally laughs while playing with his Kit Fisto.
That jerk is probably having a great time with kit, the Death Star trooper, snow trooper commander, general kenobi, the airborne trooper, and the bespin han from the bespin leia pics.

Back