1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. Its been 5-6 years since a lot of the OT ANH characters were made and I can imagine alot of people might be happy to get a much better v2 version of ANH Luke, Han, Ben, Chewbacca.

I think a great new Chewbacca and a never-done C-3PO would outsell almost any PT figure.

I also think reveal Darth Vader from ROTJ would outsell any of the above.
REMAINING characters. Not V2s of figures.
Bespin Han, Hoth Han, Bespin Luke, Hoth Luke, ROTJ Vader, Chewie with busted 3PO. Any of those would outsell any PT figure remaining.
Diecast General Grievous and ROTS Palptine would.
Maybe. Maybe there was a small edition. Maybe it sold like gangbusters here but HT also cares about the rest of the world where it may not have sold well.

Look, if the PT sold so damn well you'd think we'd be up to our eyeballs in clone trooper by now? I fully expected it. But clearly sales told HT something else.

And you can't blame Mando because HT can do two things at once: Mando and SpiderMan.
Every PT release quickly sold out. Have you seen the aftermarket prices on them?

As far as clones... Cody, Rex, 501st Trooper, Shock Trooper....

If the OT sold so good why did it take like 8 years to get a Lando or Snowspeeder Luke. No C-3PO, Bespin Luke 2.0, Bespin Han, Endor Han, another Chewbacca.... Clearly sales told HT something.
And Iron Man. Plus, with Super Battle Droids actually in Mando and not being made at this point is a bad sign for those PTers. Honestly, the two most egregious omissions from the PT is Padawan Obi and Mace.
A bad sign for OTers that there has been no Bespin Han, Bespin Luke 2.0, C-3PO, new Chewbacca, any V2s on the ANH gang, no easy ROTJ Scout, and little releases planned for OT in the future. OT figures probably didn’t sell well enough so it takes anniversary dates just to get something as popular as a Lando or Snowspeeder Luke.

I am honestly consistently surprised by the stubborness of the OTers on this website 😂 Every sign in the merchandising and branding of Star Wars points to the PT and TCW being more popular than the OT right now due to their fans reaching the age with disposable income and voices on the internet - but so many here refuse to acknowledge that anyone could actually like, let alone PREFER the PT.

If you go over to Reddit or Facebook you get a completely different audience who are all desperate for more figures. I find it very funny how you guys can't just accept people love those films. Also TCW is a masterpiece. that is all.

I definitely agree that they've seen the fatigue people experienced with the Sideshow Clones (whose aftermarket prices are astounding..) and are spacing out their Clones. I can't wait to see them trickle in all the legions and Commanders over the next few years!!! 🤩

At the moment, all I can think of that I'd want would be:
  • ROTJ Vader
  • TROS Sidious
  • ROTS Palpatine
  • ROTS Grievous
  • TCW General Kenobi
  • TCW Ventress
Everything else for me is catchup or waiting to see what new stuff they'll introduce, like Thrawn and the such. I generally decided early on that I'd keep it Sith, Empire and some Jedi. I'm not invested enough to want "random alien #47". I've poured a lot of time and money onto SW, but only because I followed specific characters. For me, Jedi robes are pretty uninteresting, so beyond being tempted by a Luke for completionism's sake, and wanting a Qui-Gon, I'm not in a rush. With the Sith, I'm basically playing catchup. With the Empire the same. A couple of Stormtroopers or Imperial Guards would be nice for display purposes, but army building isn't feasible yet for me. One day, when I'm secure enough to start creating a room-wide display. In a way, I'm glad for re-releases and the such. I imagine the Obi-Wan show might bring us new versions of ROTS Obi-Wan & Anakin so I won't need to throw 1K at each of them. Maybe a new Maul too? I'm honestly looking forward to this the most.

But really, I collect many lines so I can't go all in on SW, it's just the highlights of the main factions for me. I can't say what sells more though. The OT purists are older and have more cash. But the PT is around 20 years old now, so you have people in their 30s being nostalgic for their childhood and with less obligations, so they'd have the dough to spare. It's a shame that we'll never get the various EU characters. Mara Jade, the OR Sith, Cade, Kir Kanos, etc.
I also want 1-4 from your list to happen + ROTS Vader

I think there is a real possibility that nothing ot is shown this summer. It may be all mandalorian and maybe something clone wars, hopefully general kenobi. Even that should have gone up last year. It is a shame, because the hot toys mandalorian line is incredible. They can easily make a wampa or rancor.
I do think that ot/pt/cw fans are screwed with all of the tv shows upcoming.

Could be like last year and some OT POs open Aug/Sept. You'd figure Jedi in robes would be the easiest thing to reuse in SW.

Clone fatigue? How about Mando fatigue? There is an onslaught of Mando figs. You would think the OT or PT would have been given this treatment. It is pretty clear that current material is greater than older. Whether you like it or not, previous releases tell the story.

Hey instead of announcing more Star Wars figures can they just release some more in HK? But yeah, the 501 and Coursant Guard will be the real test if Hot Toys wants to dive head first into Clones, especially the 501st since a lot of collectors (myself included) getting at least 2. As others have said I hope that CW Kenobi and Padmé go up for PO soon. Some clankers would be nice too

Hey instead of announcing more Star Wars figures can they just release some more in HK? But yeah, the 501 and Coursant Guard will be the real test if Hot Toys wants to dive head first into Clones, especially the 501st since a lot of collectors (myself included) getting at least 2. As others have said I hope that CW Kenobi and Padmé go up for PO soon. Some clankers would be nice too
Also the prototype pics for the Death Watch Mandalorian showed a B2 Battle Droid so it’s had to of been considered

Personally, I only need Mace and Padme from the PT and I’ll be happy.

Whatever Hot Toys does with Star Wars, they need to break away from Mando. It’s just too much at this point. I get it’s selling like hot cakes and the latest movies aren’t getting new figures, but aside from getting releases out, they absolutely need some diversity in the Star Wars line. OT, PT, CW, whatever. We just need something new to get excited about instead of constantly wondering what’s coming next from Mando.

REMAINING characters. Not V2s of figures.

If the OT sold so good why did it take like 8 years to get a Lando or Snowspeeder Luke. No C-3PO, Bespin Luke 2.0, Bespin Han, Endor Han, another Chewbacca.... Clearly sales told HT something.

A bad sign for OTers that there has been no Bespin Han, Bespin Luke 2.0, C-3PO, new Chewbacca, any V2s on the ANH gang, no easy ROTJ Scout, and little releases planned for OT in the future. OT figures probably didn’t sell well enough so it takes anniversary dates just to get something as popular as a Lando or Snowspeeder Luke.

There isn't that many remaining characters from the OT that haven't been done, in comparison to only a handful of major characters done for the PT then, yes, so I suppose PT would sell better than remaining OT characters -- EXCEPT the few OT mentioned: Bespin Han, 3PO, Hoth, ROTJ Vader.

I laugh at your argument that it took 8 years to get some OT figures when it also took 8 years to get hardly anything from the PT. And you're still waiting.

I would definitely gobble up a General Grievous and TPM Queen Padme. Beyond that, nothing. I have Maul and Dooku and Sith Anakin and Cody. Just need the General and I'm done.

It's cute that you made a buddy for yourself (hardytrash).

Last edited:
There may be sound market reasons for holding back on certain grails ... like ESB Luke or Bespin Han for instance. Collectors who would otherwise be one and done get frustrated and bored enough to buy other items in the meantime. I can't prove it but I'm sure there's a case for it -- always leave 'em wanting more.

The reality is HT is just striking while the iron is hot with Mando... so OT and PT are getting held up.

In all seriousness, I fully expect a major flood of PT figures from HT at some point in the coming years. There is an eager fan base to feed.

HT was too late to coincide obviously with the OT and PT. HT likes to be somewhat concurrent with the IP they are making the figures from. The hype train is a powerful tool. If interest lasted this long for OT and PT, it will continue for a long time. I think DC has certainly helped out expanding the SW line for the short term.

There isn't that many remaining characters from the OT that haven't been done, in comparison to only a handful of major characters done for the PT then, yes, so I suppose PT would sell better than remaining OT characters -- EXCEPT the few OT mentioned: Bespin Han, 3PO, Hoth, ROTJ Vader.

I laugh at your argument that it took 8 years to get some OT figures when it also took 8 years to get hardly anything from the PT. And you're still waiting.

I would definitely gobble up a General Grievous and TPM Queen Padme. Beyond that, nothing. I have Maul and Dooku and Sith Anakin and Cody. Just need the General and I'm done.

It's cute that you made a buddy for yourself (hardytrash).
Lol 🤣 TPM Queen Amidala would look incredible and a (Diecast?) General Grevious would be astonishing. Great choices!

Back