1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I don't agree with his entire list, a diecast and well done Grievous would be one of HT best selling figures, definitely surpassing several of the OT figures.

If the Sideshow plastic Grievous can bring in as much traffic as it did, a Grievous from HT would do even better.

Be cool to see some of their numbers, from all their brands, who their best selling character is, their worst, which of their Iron Man's did the best, etc.

Those Rise of Skywalker Jet Troopers have to be at the bottom of said list lol.
The problem with Grievous is that he'll cost no less than $100 more than the Sideshow and tons of people (me included) already ordered the Sideshow. I know it'll be fiddly, but diecast doesn't mean much for me, he'll only have it in the legs anyway or else he'll be as difficult to pose as the Sideshow with all that weight going around. Hot Toys basically has until now to until Sideshow releases theirs to put a Grievous up for preorder to make any difference and allow people time to cancel their orders. I'm sure there will be people who upgrade to the Hot Toys but I don't think it'll be as many as you think once Sideshow has shipped and people have it in their collections.

Just thinking about others we'd all like to see from the PT and I think Mace, Padme, and Grevious are the main ones.

TPM Obi Wan would be great to see next to Qui-Gon and Maul.

I think a ROTS/TCW Sidious pre-ballsack face with those sexy red robes and two sabers (from that incredible fight with Savage and Maul which I'm sure everyone here has seen 😍) would be my top choice for PT.

I'd love to see the Jedi Masters like Kit, Plo, Ki-Adi, Luminara etc. but they're not "must-haves" imo. More likely to come under TCW line, if any, though.

TCW line on the other hand has almost endless possibilities - Savage, Pre-Vizsla (We've already got Bo and they would pair amazingly together!), Asajj, Cad Bane (Though we may see him in TBB line), Hondo, Gar Saxon, Senate Guards.

That's not even mentioning the Clones - All the favourite Commanders: Wolffe, Bly, Fox, Gree, Bacara. Some of the favourite soldiers: Jesse; ARC Echo and Fives; Waxer and Boil. Then all of their respective legions (104th, 327th, 41st, 212th). Then on top of that you've got individual soldier variants within those (ie Galactic Marines, Kashyyyk Scouts), though I could understand they're less likely. And obviously, REPUBLIC COMMANDOS (Gregor and Delta Squad)

Either way an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan - Very much looking forward to seeing where they go with it! Couldn't imagine how incredible a full Hot Toys Clone display would look. I do understand the need for them to space these out after what happened with the Sideshow Clones though 🤪

There isn't that many remaining characters from the OT that haven't been done, in comparison to only a handful of major characters done for the PT then, yes, so I suppose PT would sell better than remaining OT characters -- EXCEPT the few OT mentioned: Bespin Han, 3PO, Hoth, ROTJ Vader.

I laugh at your argument that it took 8 years to get some OT figures when it also took 8 years to get hardly anything from the PT. And you're still waiting.

I would definitely gobble up a General Grievous and TPM Queen Padme. Beyond that, nothing. I have Maul and Dooku and Sith Anakin and Cody. Just need the General and I'm done.

It's cute that you made a buddy for yourself (hardytrash).
Nobody cares about blue vest Han when they could have Diecast Grievous or ROTS Palpatine.

That was your argument by the way for the PT. I just flipped it for the OT. Laugh at yourself.

Are you mad that someone agrees with me? :lol

OT is old news. PT, TCW, Mando is the future.
The problem with Grievous is that he'll cost no less than $100 more than the Sideshow and tons of people (me included) already ordered the Sideshow. I know it'll be fiddly, but diecast doesn't mean much for me, he'll only have it in the legs anyway or else he'll be as difficult to pose as the Sideshow with all that weight going around. Hot Toys basically has until now to until Sideshow releases theirs to put a Grievous up for preorder to make any difference and allow people time to cancel their orders. I'm sure there will be people who upgrade to the Hot Toys but I don't think it'll be as many as you think once Sideshow has shipped and people have it in their collections.
The SSC Grievous sucks though. Worst figure in my collection. It might as well be a statue. People will be dissatisfied with it.

OT and PT fans alike will have to take a number and wait....a long time for a huge dump of figures that probably never happens. Mando is the clear priority for the foreseeable future. And how many seasons of Mando do you suppose there will be, 5...6? Also Fett show, Ahsoka show, etc sandwiched in between those seasons. HT will be too busy making Mando V5 and Thrawn to bother with much more than the occasional thrown over bone, maybe a Bespin Han, perhaps a Mace Windu.

If Favreau would insert Death Star Troopers into one of the shows I would be grateful.

People keep talking about a HT Grievous based on what again? I think Sideshow is pushing their reissue because HT told them they have no plans to make him at this time. It's too complicated a figure for a character that isn't as popular as some people think. Outsell Bespin Han...yeah right:lol

A Diecast Grievous would 10000% outsell Bespin Han. It would get more social media coverage and hype. The asian market would buy it up. The American market would buy it up.

People keep talking about a HT Grievous based on what again? I think Sideshow is pushing their reissue because HT told them they have no plans to make him at this time. It's too complicated a figure for a character that isn't as popular as some people think. Outsell Bespin Han...yeah right:lol
:lol

Can't wait to simulate coughing for my awesome Grievous figure. :rotfl

A Diecast Grievous would 10000% outsell Bespin Han. It would get more social media coverage and hype. The asian market would buy it up. The American market would buy it up.

The only hype for anything right now is Mandalorian stuff. That's why HT is working towards making damn near every character.

Understand that Han Solo is a top 5 character on nearly every SW fan's list and Grievous would struggle to make it into most people's top 20.

Strangely, I am more interested in an HT Grievous than Bespin Han, but I fully agree with your statement.

Even more than Bespin Han, I think a Hoth Han on a TaunTaun would amazing. No chance, I know, just sayin'

Strangely, I am more interested in an HT Grievous than Bespin Han, but I fully agree with your statement.

Even more than Bespin Han, I think a Hoth Han on a TaunTaun would amazing. No chance, I know, just sayin'

I would buy a HT Grievous but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

I have all the Sideshow Hoth stuff but I would buy the HT versions too if they were ever made. It would give us all an excuse to argue about which version of Han's jacket is proper again:monkey3

The Taun Taun is very unlikely but I was pretty surprised that HT did a Blurrg(and I was one who definitely wanted it, already ordered two). If HT ever make Hoth Luke and Han I would love to see them do a Wampa.

The only hype for anything right now is Mandalorian stuff. That's why HT is working towards making damn near every character.

Understand that Han Solo is a top 5 character on nearly every SW fan's list and Grievous would struggle to make it into most people's top 20.
lol not mine. And far from every fan’s too.

Top 5 character is different than Top 5 toy.

Grievous Diecast HT > Bespin Han HT

It is like choosing a figure to buy between the Hulkbuster and Hulk. Sure, Hulk is more popular but the Hulkbuster makes for a better toy. Same with Grievous. A big four armed lightsaber wielding cyborg vs man in blue vest... quite obvious what would sell more.

Have to wonder how well Han even sold. One version where as we have multiple of Luke, Leia, Kenobi, Anakin... Telling.

Nobody cares about blue vest Han when they could have Diecast Grievous or ROTS Palpatine.

That was your argument by the way for the PT. I just flipped it for the OT. Laugh at yourself.

Are you mad that someone agrees with me? :lol

OT is old news. PT, TCW, Mando is the future.

The SSC Grievous sucks though. Worst figure in my collection. It might as well be a statue. People will be dissatisfied with it.
lol does Malgus have a new account? This is trolling to another level.

The issue is the last OT Han Solo figure was released almost 4 years ago and that was the Stormtrooper version, the ANH outfit was 5 years ago basically. Anyone who began collecting after that is totally lacking a Han Solo of any kind while getting multiple Lukes and Leias.

lol does Malgus have a new account? This is trolling to another level.

The issue is the last OT Han Solo figure was released almost 4 years ago and that was the Stormtrooper version, the ANH outfit was 5 years ago basically. Anyone who began collecting after that is totally lacking a Han Solo of any kind while getting multiple Lukes and Leias.
So I’m trolling because you disagree with me? What? Nothing I said is trolling.

Grievous toy sells more than blue vest Han.

Han is soooo popular but man doesn’t get a new figure, one that all it takes is a blue vest, for five years plus. Heh.

Han Solo, a “top 5 character for everyone” has one figure in five years.

Back