1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The remaining PT releases of Padawan Kenobi, AOTC Padme, ROTS Mace, Palpatine, Grievous plus various Jedi would sell better than any remaining OT figure.

I don't know. Its been 5-6 years since a lot of the OT ANH characters were made and I can imagine alot of people might be happy to get a much better v2 version of ANH Luke, Han, Ben, Chewbacca.

I think a great new Chewbacca and a never-done C-3PO would outsell almost any PT figure.

I also think reveal Darth Vader from ROTJ would outsell any of the above.

The remaining PT releases of Padawan Kenobi, AOTC Padme, ROTS Mace, Palpatine, Grievous plus various Jedi would sell better than any remaining OT figure.
tenor.gif

Though I don't agree with his entire list, a diecast and well done Grievous would be one of HT best selling figures, definitely surpassing several of the OT figures.

If the Sideshow plastic Grievous can bring in as much traffic as it did, a Grievous from HT would do even better.

Be cool to see some of their numbers, from all their brands, who their best selling character is, their worst, which of their Iron Man's did the best, etc.

Those Rise of Skywalker Jet Troopers have to be at the bottom of said list lol.

Maybe. Maybe there was a small edition. Maybe it sold like gangbusters here but HT also cares about the rest of the world where it may not have sold well.

Look, if the PT sold so damn well you'd think we'd be up to our eyeballs in clone trooper by now? I fully expected it. But clearly sales told HT something else.

And you can't blame Mando because HT can do two things at once: Mando and SpiderMan.

Maybe. Maybe there was a small edition. Maybe it sold like gangbusters here but HT also cares about the rest of the world where it may not have sold well.

Look, if the PT sold so damn well you'd think we'd be up to our eyeballs in clone trooper by now? I fully expected it. But clearly sales told HT something else.

And you can't blame Mando because HT can do two things at once: Mando and SpiderMan.
And Iron Man. Plus, with Super Battle Droids actually in Mando and not being made at this point is a bad sign for those PTers. Honestly, the two most egregious omissions from the PT is Padawan Obi and Mace.

Really no need. Just look at what they sell.

I'm talking about actual numbers, I'd like to see sale numbers and production numbers, (small batches, big batches) etc. We'll never see those numbers, but neat to think about.

Well we haven't really had a army building clone yet, just Cody, who sold very well.

We'll see how the Coruscant Guard and 501st trooper do.

I know I say this often, but I do believe they’re trying to avoid the Clone fatigue that built up after Sideshow’s flood of Clones. Hot Toys knows what happened.

They’ve probably studied the sales numbers and business strategy. They did also help design the body for those, after all.

I’m also inclined to agree with Wor-Gar that PT figures probably get smaller runs, though not as small as things like the anthology films.

No denying there’s a market for it, but TCW is also a huge driving force behind the PT as well.

At the moment, all I can think of that I'd want would be:
  • ROTJ Vader
  • TROS Sidious
  • ROTS Palpatine
  • ROTS Grievous
  • TCW General Kenobi
  • TCW Ventress
Everything else for me is catchup or waiting to see what new stuff they'll introduce, like Thrawn and the such. I generally decided early on that I'd keep it Sith, Empire and some Jedi. I'm not invested enough to want "random alien #47". I've poured a lot of time and money onto SW, but only because I followed specific characters. For me, Jedi robes are pretty uninteresting, so beyond being tempted by a Luke for completionism's sake, and wanting a Qui-Gon, I'm not in a rush. With the Sith, I'm basically playing catchup. With the Empire the same. A couple of Stormtroopers or Imperial Guards would be nice for display purposes, but army building isn't feasible yet for me. One day, when I'm secure enough to start creating a room-wide display. In a way, I'm glad for re-releases and the such. I imagine the Obi-Wan show might bring us new versions of ROTS Obi-Wan & Anakin so I won't need to throw 1K at each of them. Maybe a new Maul too? I'm honestly looking forward to this the most.

But really, I collect many lines so I can't go all in on SW, it's just the highlights of the main factions for me. I can't say what sells more though. The OT purists are older and have more cash. But the PT is around 20 years old now, so you have people in their 30s being nostalgic for their childhood and with less obligations, so they'd have the dough to spare. It's a shame that we'll never get the various EU characters. Mara Jade, the OR Sith, Cade, Kir Kanos, etc.

Back