1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i’m not convinced there’s a non-goofy way to put Green Goblin on the screen. I think the Raimi Goblin is one of the goofiest damn villains ever put in a mainstream movie, especially when Dafoe starts speaking with the mask on and bobbing his head around so the audience knows who is speaking like an over-dubbed scene from Power Rangers.

But I don’t love this new “Goblin but like he fell out of Mad Max” look, either.

I'm not certain but the fleeting look we got of him in the new trailer makes it seem like the mask was subtly altered to make it look more menacing, especially around the eyes. Maybe just a trick of the lighting. Also the mouth looks a little smaller to me.

I'm starting to think we'll be getting a Doctor Strange for NWH. DS2 is 6 months away for a new one. I could see that table to conjure up the spell for Peter and some arcane magic added for a cool exclusive.

From a FB HT member:

261145213_10209348170898297_3156175099570732948_n.jpg

260384419_10209348171418310_6690130345334381266_n.jpg

So Movie Promo Spider-man is a $279 figure that the Hong Kong sellers are marking up to $400-$500.

That tag in the upper left corner with “800” in it - is that an indication they have 800 of this figure ready to go now?
Doesn't all promo figures arrive before or around the movie release?

I hope this event just reveals a ton of NWH figures. We shall see.

So Movie Promo Spider-man is a $279 figure that the Hong Kong sellers are marking up to $400-$500.

That tag in the upper left corner with “800” in it - is that an indication they have 800 of this figure ready to go now?
SS marking the price up by 53%...and that's not including their absurd shipping and tax (although that's not really on them...but still).

I know folks here justify buying from SS due to their customer service (which can be spotty at times), but is it really worth that much??? Seems bizarre that people are willing to defend a company that uses mob tactics to shut down legitimate small businesses and deprive them of perks (like free shipping/no tax) in order to make them less competitive.

EDIT: My mistake, I was comparing this fig to the Integrated Suit...with so many suits on the horizon they all end up looking the same to me (yeah, it's racist but whatever). But let's be real, SS will likely upcharge by a lot as they usually do.

Last edited:
SS marking the price up by 53%...and that's not including their absurd shipping and tax (although that's not really on them...but still).

I know folks here justify buying from SS due to their customer service (which can be spotty at times), but is it really worth that much??? Seems bizarre that people are willing to defend a company that uses mob tactics to shut down legitimate small businesses and deprive them of perks (like free shipping/no tax) in order to make them less competitive.

EDIT: My mistake, I was comparing this fig to the Integrated Suit...with so many suits on the horizon they all end up looking the same to me (yeah, it's racist but whatever). But let's be real, SS will likely upcharge by a lot as they usually do.
We are buying figures from a communist country that is legitimately vying for world domination so there's that too.

Last time I checked I believe Sideshow’s pricing runs about 25% higher than Hong Kong pricing. We’ll see if that holds true when this and the Venom reissue go up tomorrow.

I see this a lot, and I'd personally be open to supporting another company, but I'm not sure where else people prefer to shop; especially smaller companies that give great perks.

If they release a Kate figure without Lucky it will be a damn shame.

I see this a lot, and I'd personally be open to supporting another company, but I'm not sure where else people prefer to shop; especially smaller companies that give great perks.

If they release a Kate figure without Lucky it will be a damn shame.
I like Toys Buying Agent, where you can get free shipping on normal-weight figures and skip the tax, but I only order from there when it makes financial sense. Hong Kong sellers are more than happy to dramatically mark up popular figures too, so one can easily pay more than it’d cost from Sideshow.

That Doctor Strange costume has gone through hell and back since its debut in 2016. It has done enough within the MCU to consider it as a classic/iconic piece.

The IW Strange figure is on display at their NWH event with a NWH stand.

If I had to guess, I would say he will be reissued under the NWH line, then we will see a new sculpt for DS 2.

I'm still waiting for a, potentially more comic accurate, DS2 Strange. Aaaaaaany day now... Anyway, just show me my goddamn Raimi-Man HT!

Back