1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished Black Widow. I have never watched a MCU movie and not finish it. Maybe it was because I was stoned out of my mind, who knows.

Regardless, just finished it and I have to say, I like it more than I expected. Just goes to show, even though the intergalactic stuff are nice and all, I much prefer the 'grounded' feel and look of FATWS and Black Widow. Great to see the woman with the purple hair again, love her character.

To stay on topic, I really, REALLY need a US Agent. Not Cap USagent, but the black one. Marvel should've given him his black shield like the comics. If they did that with the suit reveal, I'm sure HT would have announced him by now. What a shame...

To stay on topic, I really, REALLY need a US Agent. Not Cap USagent, but the black one. Marvel should've given him his black shield like the comics. If they did that with the suit reveal, I'm sure HT would have announced him by now. What a shame...
Well, they are clearly building up to some kind of Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts project, so I'm sure they'll make him at some point. It's a waiting game now. Heck, most, if not all, of my Marvel wants are hypotheticals now. I know they'll make a Strange and the such from DS2 for example, but everything else is up in the air.

The only Marvel figures I’m even interested in at this poking are US Agent and Realistic Cap Carter. And whenever they decide to get to Nova.

Classic Spidey is all I got on my Marvel list. I hope there will be a few on the SM2 VG. MCU just isn't there for me right now unless they unload some comic looking Sinister Six.

The only Marvel figures I’m even interested in at this poking are US Agent and Realistic Cap Carter. And whenever they decide to get to Nova.
From announced projects, and figures that realistically should be coming, I'm in for:
  • Doctor Strange: I've skipped both versions and waited for a more classic look. I hope MoM features a more refined take on him. I need a Strange though, so I might end up getting this version anyhow, regardless of him possibly getting another look later down the road. This one is a definitive buy.
  • Wanda: I want one for my Magicians shelf, same with Loki. I've liked a lot of her looks thus far, but I skipped her because she's not an "essential" figure. I like her well enough, but I can wait. There's a promo pic of DS2 that's been floating around for a while now, and she's got those ugly sleeves that tempt me to just get the WandaVision version, but I can wait. She doesn't look as if she'll be going anywhere anyhow.
  • Loki: My Magicians shelf will really be Strange, Wanda, Loki and Magik most likely (unless they release something random like a Morgan Le Fay or something, you never know where the MCU will go). I'm not in a hurry though, I can wait for a costume that matches my tastes.
  • Black Panther: I want one for my planned Illuminati display. I might go back and get one of the older figures if BP2 doesn't feature T'Challa or at least a redeemed Killmonger or something.
  • Namor: Rumors say he's in BP2 and for some reason Atlantis will be a MesoAmerican Civilization. Eh, might be cool, I've heard of worse ideas. Though I'd have preferred a classic, GrecoRoman, or Egyptian-esque Atlantis. My problem is that the guy they've supposedly cast is some middle aged random and Namor's supposed to be hot, built and in his prime, so I don't know. I'll have to wait and see what they do with the costume.
  • Moon Knight: Not much to say, I want one. I'm not liking the leaked mummy look too much, so we'll see.
  • Kang: They gave him the comic accurate outfit in the ending of Loki with the statues, but I dislike the actor so unless he gets a full mask that hides his goofy face, I'm not buying it; and I love comic book Kang.
  • Tobey-Man/Ock/Goblin: Just to satisfy my Raimi nostalgia; I've left Spider-Man behind for years now.
  • Infinite Ultron: He'd make a great stand-in for both a cool Ultron, a decked out Vision and an Annihilation Conquest Ultron. I really hope this one happens and they make him "realistic" (not that their AoU Ultron didn't come out looking like a cheap plastic toy).
That's more or less it (random things like Punisher, Nova or Adam Warlock I assume will happen at some point) from the movies/series that have come out/are in the pipeline. As time goes on I find myself less and less attached to all of these, so something might get cut, but it depends on how they pull it off. As for the future, I grew up with the FF & X-Men, so they have most of my interest Marvel-wise, and I'm still somewhat keeping up with them, so my interest's bigger there. But I used to love GL too and my wishlist that begun as "literally everything" shrank down to maybe 5 figures tops, so... If I had the money and space, and the MCU versions were proper translations, I'd love a huge glass case of all the X-Men/Mutants, but... Eh, seems excessive.

I'd jump on a Russell Crowe Zeus in a heartbeat, but there's no chance of them making such a figure, so I'm trying to not set myself up for disappointment.

Classic Spidey is all I got on my Marvel list. I hope there will be a few on the SM2 VG. MCU just isn't there for me right now unless they unload some comic looking Sinister Six.
From SM2 I'll probably grab a SpOck. I skipped on 2099 because I'm still hoping for a proper movie so that I can get a Miguel headsculpt. Parker's my nostalgia Spider-Man, but I always did prefer Miguel character wise. SpOck was just too much fun as well. Spider-Man's like Batman for me; I want some figures for nostalgia's sake, but by and large I'm done with the properties and characters.

Technically HT could do every single comic costume as they all appear in Future Fight and they have the rights (as per War Machine Punisher), but I doubt that'll ever happen. The Wolverine game will probably give us a couple of Logan looks, but I doubt they'll go further, as they still haven't made a single villain from SM PS4.

Got my Strange from the first and oddly he's mostly stayed the same. Was thinking of getting the dofferent weapons, but he looks best with the defensive disks. If they do a much different take I might bite.

On the want list is XE suit Batman, Luke Pilot, Mando Luke, Mando 3.0 and Classic SM.

Looks like I'll pass with any new MCU SM suit. Just don't feel them like the VG comic ones. I'll prob pass on Tobey and Garfield ones. Those Spidey villains is a mound of cocaine ready for me. If all look comicy, I'm all over them.

Moon Knight, Blade and F4 are announced properties I'll have an interest in. I'm already full as it is for figures, too.

WV, FWS, What If, BW, Shang, Eternals, Loki all notta for me. Spidey3, DSMoM might. Thor4 prob not, Marvels, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, Antman3, BP2, GOTG3 all prob not. Maybe a cool looking Kang, not sure on a Namor. Morbius and Kraven possibly, but you know with Sony.

I'm holding out for them to make my favourite Star-Lord outfit.

This was much more form-fitting, less baggy, the jacket was clean and the comic Guardians/Ravager logo on the uniform just sells it for me.

Chris was also at his physical peak here.

Profile_-_Star-Lord.jpeg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-chris-pratt-starlord.jpeg

Got my Strange from the first and oddly he's mostly stayed the same. Was thinking of getting the dofferent weapons, but he looks best with the defensive disks. If they do a much different take I might bite.

On the want list is XE suit Batman, Luke Pilot, Mando Luke, Mando 3.0 and Classic SM.

Looks like I'll pass with any new MCU SM suit. Just don't feel them like the VG comic ones. I'll prob pass on Tobey and Garfield ones. Those Spidey villains is a mound of cocaine ready for me. If all look comicy, I'm all over them.

Moon Knight, Blade and F4 are announced properties I'll have an interest in. I'm already full as it is for figures, too.

WV, FWS, What If, BW, Shang, Eternals, Loki all notta for me. Spidey3, DSMoM might. Thor4 prob not, Marvels, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, Antman3, BP2, GOTG3 all prob not. Maybe a cool looking Kang, not sure on a Namor. Morbius and Kraven possibly, but you know with Sony.
Personally I have a personal list, written on paper and all, and I cross off the names. But I've been "erasing" names from it bit by bit for a while now. I want the ones I keep in there to be only the cream of the crop, not everything and anything. Maybe something from the ones I mentioned will get the boot too, who knows. I'm keeping tabs on it all, but I want a bit of a tighter collection instead of a huge hodgepodge. For example I am tempted to scrap this "Magician Shelf", and just have a single Strange with the Illuminati and if I get a Wanda pose her with Magneto, thus skipping Loki. Dunno, it depends. All we can do is wait and see now. The X-Men at least will start rolling out in the MCU around 2024 at the earliest, so we're literally talking about figures 4 or so years away.

RE Star Lord: I used to want a DNA Star Lord, but the MCU version is so far removed from it that I honestly don't feel the need. I still have a Richard Rider Nova in my list, but I think I'll just stick with a hypothetical Annihilus and maybe Infinite Ultron to represent the Annihilation Saga, and a Thanos and Adam Warlock to represent the Infinity Saga and the general Marvel Cosmic. Black Bolt would go with the Illuminati, Ronan's never getting made, and so on.

Last edited:
Thor-Love-and-Thunder-Peter-Quill-Vest.jpg

It is his maroon shirt with a new leather vest.
I like. Taika likes his Buck Rogers and lavish colors. Might finally be a worthy look of a Star-Lord. I like the trench coat as I have the first one. Hope this gets made even if he has a limited role.

Open up those wallets boys, Adam Warlock is here!

87f7a9193bcdf18fd1885eccfe86e943.jpg

Oh yeah, this one's goooood...

Between Clown Kang and Dweeb Adam, I think they're just drawing names out of a hat now. Why did it have to happen to all the characters I like? God, I'm not going to buy a single X-Man, will I?

Are you saying you don't like this casting?

:lol
Pros:

• Hair
  • Height
  • Eyebrows
That's it. The guy's a dweeb. I don't know what they were thinking. Warlock's supposed to be the physical embodiment of human perfection. He's supposed to be a god-like stunning beauty. This guy looks like Sid from Toy Story!

Clown Kang & Dweeb Adam.

Pros:

• Hair
  • Height
  • Eyebrows
That's it. The guy's a dweeb. I don't know what they were thinking. Warlock's supposed to be the physical embodiment of human perfection. He's supposed to be a god-like stunning beauty. This guy looks like Sid from Toy Story!

Clown Kang & Dweeb Adam.
Gunn has his King Shark spin on Warlock. Laughter ensues!

Pros:

• Hair
  • Height
  • Eyebrows

Clown Kang & Dweeb Adam.
will-poulter-instagram-zoom.jpg

Gunn has his King Shark spin on Warlock. Laughter ensues!
The chances of philosophical Warlock pale in comparison to the ones for "le wacky weirdo Adam", so, yeah, you're most probably right. Hey, as long as they do something good with the costume and I get a dolly, that's enough for me. That's all I'm looking for from these flicks, good enough designs for a 1/6th figure.

Honestly always thought this was the kid from Shameless. Never knew he was a totally different actor.
That guy played Joker in Gotham and he was the MC of the latest Jedi game. He's like the Chad version of the guy they cast

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-cal-kestis-cameron-monaghan-640x360.jpg

Back