1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultron and his drones sold so bad I highly doubt them ever going back to them. I could see a Zombie Cap next. Eternals are coming up in about a month.

I'd be game for an Annihilation Conquest looking Ultron. But I do fear that Ultron, being a robot, ends up looking like too much of a plastic toy for me to justify the 500$ they'll end up charging. UltronVision has a neater design, seeing as it's Vision wearing armour and thus he has a more human and filled body, instead of that weird figure we got back with AoU. My problem is that if they made this figure, it'd be in flat, animated colouring, and the faceplate doesn't cover Vision's head in its entirety.

One thing though, UltronVision would be a great stand-in for an AC Ultron, considering that whole storyline was about him merging Flesh & Machine and taking over Adam Warlock's body. With Vision being a synthezoid, it kinda works the same way. I doubt they'll ever get to doing an Annihilation Conquest movie (maybe a watered down Annihilation in F4 2 or something), but this UltronVision could easily represent that story in your shelf.

Ultron and his drones sold so bad I highly doubt them ever going back to them. I could see a Zombie Cap next. Eternals are coming up in about a month.
It's not surprising. They looked like overpriced Hasbro toys under heavy light. No facial expressions to get impressed by, no tailoring, just some silver robots.

I'd be game for an Annihilation Conquest looking Ultron. But I do fear that Ultron, being a robot, ends up looking like too much of a plastic toy for me to justify the 500$ they'll end up charging. UltronVision has a neater design, seeing as it's Vision wearing armour and thus he has a more human and filled body, instead of that weird figure we got back with AoU. My problem is that if they made this figure, it'd be in flat, animated colouring, and the faceplate doesn't cover Vision's head in its entirety.

One thing though, UltronVision would be a great stand-in for an AC Ultron, considering that whole storyline was about him merging Flesh & Machine and taking over Adam Warlock's body. With Vision being a synthezoid, it kinda works the same way. I doubt they'll ever get to doing an Annihilation Conquest movie (maybe a watered down Annihilation in F4 2 or something), but this UltronVision could easily represent that story in your shelf.

It's not surprising. They looked like overpriced Hasbro toys under heavy light. No facial expressions to get impressed by, no tailoring, just some silver robots.
If you watched the latest What if...? ep, I noticed no stupid jokes from Ultron. Guess they realized how bad that take with Ultron was. The guy doing the voice for this was bad too.

If you watched the latest What if...? ep, I noticed no stupid jokes from Ultron. Guess they realized how bad that take with Ultron was. The guy doing the voice for this was bad too.
Nah, not yet. I was without my PC when it aired and now I've got it waiting. I'll get to it tomorrow. I saw some WEBMs and vids though, he seemed much more efficient. But the voide did sound off. As if they grabbed a guy off the coffee shop and told him to record some lines before going back to his muffin. Still, the design is great. Were they to make it, and go with a more realistic take so that it could fit with the rest of the figures, this would count as an Ultron, a Vision and an Annihilation Conquest Ultron.

MCU Ultron was just an absolute waste, period. Then again, lots of things in the MCU were wasted. Remember Baron Von Strucker? Nick Fury's arch-nemesis, his very own Blofeld? The founder of HYDRA and a character with decades worht of stories? Well, **** you then, he gets two scenes and then he dies! A good Fury and Strucker were in my Most Wanted List so that I could represent all those classic SHIELD comics, but I'm getting nada. Red Skull & Zemo are too Cap-centric so I cut them, and MCU Fury is like a sleepwalking SLJ instead of either Ultimate or 616 Fury. I figure either I'll eventually break down and buy an SLJ Fury (maybe he'll show up in Sceret Invasion and get a new figure), or I'll wait for someone to make a Clooney head, give him the eyepatch, put it on a millitary body and make due with it. You know, one reason I want a Plissken figure is so that I can pretend it's Undercover Fury played by Kurt Russell.

Last edited:
Nah, not yet. I was without my PC when it aired and now I've got it waiting. I'll get to it tomorrow. I saw some WEBMs and vids though, he seemed much more efficient. But the voide did sound off. As if they grabbed a guy off the coffee shop and told him to record some lines before going back to his muffin. Still, the design is great. Were they to make it, and go with a more realistic take so that it could fit with the rest of the figures, this would count as an Ultron, a Vision and an Annihilation Conquest Ultron.

MCU Ultron was just an absolute waste, period. Then again, lots of things in the MCU were wasted. Remember Baron Von Strucker? Nick Fury's arch-nemesis, his very own Blofeld? The founder of HYDRA and a character with decades worht of stories? Well, **** you then, he gets two scenes and then he dies! A good Fury and Strucker were in my Most Wanted List so that I could represent all those classic SHIELD comics, but I'm getting nada. Red Skull & Zemo are too Cap-centric so I cut them, and MCU Fury is like a sleepwalking SLJ instead of either Ultimate or 616 Fury. I figure either I'll eventually break down and buy an SLJ Fury (maybe he'll show up in Sceret Invasion and get a new figure), or I'll wait for someone to make a Clooney head, give him the eyepatch, put it on a millitary body and make due with it. You know, one reason I want a Plissken figure is so that I can pretend it's Undercover Fury played by Kurt Russell.
When I heard Clooney was first offered Fury, I was fired up. He would've been so much better than SLJ.

When I heard Clooney was first offered Fury, I was fired up. He would've been so much better than SLJ.
SLJ was going to happen the moment he gave his likeness to Ultimate Fury. But yeah, Clooney would've been so much better. SLJ is a good actor when he bothers to act and not just play himself screaming profanities, but Clooney has the grit and suaveness of Fury. But our dear edgelord Ennis cost us that. I think remembering that incident was when I began to really dislike Ennis. I'd be happy with a custom like this:

george_clooney___nick_fury_by_thebatasylum2018_db3vnol-fullview.jpg

But there are no good Clooney sculpts. He'd make a great Reed Richards too, but at this point the MCU seems hellbent on casting random literal whos that don't resemble the characters at all, and wasting all the A-Listers and good actors on random bit roles.

SLJ was going to happen the moment he gave his likeness to Ultimate Fury. But yeah, Clooney would've been so much better. SLJ is a good actor when he bothers to act and not just play himself screaming profanities, but Clooney has the grit and suaveness of Fury. But our dear edgelord Ennis cost us that. I think remembering that incident was when I began to really dislike Ennis. I'd be happy with a custom like this:

george_clooney___nick_fury_by_thebatasylum2018_db3vnol-fullview.jpg

But there are no good Clooney sculpts. He'd make a great Reed Richards too, but at this point the MCU seems hellbent on casting random literal whos that don't resemble the characters at all, and wasting all the A-Listers and good actors on random bit roles.
Well Clooney turned it down cause of the longevity. Same with Emily Blunt and Widow. Both would've been great.

Well Clooney turned it down cause of the longevity. Same with Emily Blunt and Widow. Both would've been great.
As I remember it, Clooney turned it down because they gave him MAX Fury to read and he saw this page:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As for Blunt, when twitter normies were pushing for her and her husband as Sue & Reed I was mad. Now I hope we'd get something as good as that... I fully expect the F4 to be a Benneton ad.

As I remember it, Clooney turned it down because they gave him MAX Fury to read and he saw this page:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As for Blunt, when twitter normies were pushing for her and her husband as Sue & Reed I was mad. Now I hope we'd get something as good as that... I fully expect the F4 to be a Benneton ad.
Yeah I do remember something about him mentioning that comic. Not sure why one comic would turn him off when there many others better than that mess.

Blunts and Kras would be great. Both are very good actors. Hope they nail the casting for that movie.

Yeah I do remember something about him mentioning that comic. Not sure why one comic would turn him off when there many others better than that mess.
It was too edgy, even by cape standards. I don't blame Clooney for being disgusted by it. He was most likely supplied the latest Fury books, those being Ennis', and he didn't want to read anything else. Shame, really.

Blunts and Kras would be great. Both are very good actors. Hope they nail the casting for that movie.
I think we all know both the X-Men and F4 will be butchered in casting.

Welll...here's some promotional art of Hawkeye's new costume. Top half looks great. Bottom half is...boring? He is wearing his regular pants and shoes. I think his AoU duster and original vest looks the best.

5Q5Uad3.jpg

Welll...here's some promotional art of Hawkeye's new costume. Top half looks great. Bottom half is...boring? He is wearing his regular pants and shoes. I think his AoU duster and original vest looks the best.

5Q5Uad3.jpg
I still need a front look, but I still like the CW suit.

5Q5Uad3.jpg
Lame lol, he’d actually look like less of a dweeb in his comic costume.

The easily could have given him some cool looking tactical gear with a badass mask.

So next year is the 10th anniversary of The Avengers, I expect to see HT making 2.0 figures of the team, except maybe for Cap and Mark VII. I really think HT will finally make a Helicarrier BD DC Mark VI.
When has HT really cared about anniversaries? They sort of kind of did an ESB with a couple figures…

Curious to see if they do a couple Eternals, maybe Thena and Ikaris or something?….

Im guessing they'll have Ikaris, Sersi and Thena ready to show the last week of October.

In the old days we would get all of the Eternals. Nowadays, nothing is certain.

We don't have Loki yet.

Honestly, those 3 seem sufficient enough, unless Black Knight actually dons his costume.

Back