1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'll see
  • Tobey-Man
  • Garfield-Man
  • Obligatory Iron Boy Jr.
  • Ock
  • Goblin
  • Strange re-release with some new accessory to bait people into buying the same figure for the third time
I want a Strange myself, but the lack of gloves is pissing me off. I'll probably cave with MOM, but I'm seriously dissapointed in his MCU look.
I hope we get all of them. It will be hard to not go crazy with this line it seems. We'll probably get Movie Promo versions of the FFH Upgrade suit and the Iron Spider suit like we did for FFH with the Tech and Homemade suits from HC as they were both in the movie.

Strange looks just like the IW version (unless we get casual Strange) so I am will be putting him in the NWH display.

I hope we get all of them. It will be hard to not go crazy with this line it seems. We'll probably get Movie Promo versions of the FFH Upgrade suit and the Iron Spider suit like we did for FFH with the Tech and Homemade suits from HC as they were both in the movie.

Strange looks just like the IW version (unless we get casual Strange) so I am will be putting him in the NWH display.
I'm in for the Raimi stuff due to nostalgia, but that's my attachment to Spider-Man in general these days. I don't need anything more, apart from a proper Miguel 2099 and a SpOck, which are longshots.

For Strange, I'm still waiting for a better look, but I don't think we'll get it. I just want the damn gloves and for him to look more regal. Why does concept art always look better than the end result?

lriy4qbijrv61.jpg

dc110a7a6a02538f7584f9ca47a53cb8.png

I'm in for the Raimi stuff due to nostalgia, but that's my attachment to Spider-Man in general these days. I don't need anything more, apart from a proper Miguel 2099 and a SpOck, which are longshots.

For Strange, I'm still waiting for a better look, but I don't think we'll get it. I just want the damn gloves and for him to look more regal. Why does concept art always look better than the end result?

lriy4qbijrv61.jpg

dc110a7a6a02538f7584f9ca47a53cb8.png
Wow, I haven't seen those concept art pics for Strange. I don't mind his MCU look, but the two concept art pics are definitely more interesting.
I passed on the Spider-Man 2099 figure as it doesn't have the web cape which is a must for me as I never played the game but read the comics back in the day.

Wow, I haven't seen those concept art pics for Strange. I don't mind his MCU look, but the two concept art pics are definitely more interesting.
Exactly. MCU Strange looks like a cosplayer with a tapestry around his back. He needs to look like a proper, otherwordly sorcerer. I don't get why one one hand we get zanny nonsense like Ragnarok, and on the other we can't get a proper cloak. The leather boots with the straps around them are especially bland.

I passed on the Spider-Man 2099 figure as it doesn't have the web cape which is a must for me as I never played the game but read the comics back in the day.
Same. By some quirk of fate I had two 2099 figures as a kid so I've got a fondness for him. And then I got to reading the 2099 for him, Doom, Punisher and GR. But for me it's because I want a Miguel HS. Buying just the suit from a game feels off. I'll wait in case Sony does a Spin-Off. I hope the Beyond movie moves forward too. I'm imagining a pretty great CyberPunk shelf with Batman Beyond, Spider-Man 2099, Neo, Deckard, Motoko, Adam Jensen and so on. But sadly, I don't think it'll ever become a reality...

tw6p3e8ppgxy.jpg

No doubt there will be a Tobey and Maguire SM. Got the black and gold already and Strange looks the same but his movie is next after this, so no Strange. Strange is not Sorceror Supreme yet, so he could get an update then. I see Doc and Goblin being made. If it looks like Lizard, Sandman, Rhino and Electro, it could be easy to do a Sandman and Electro. Especially if they look cool and do cool things. Iron Spidey reissue makes sense and there is an updated red and gold suit Hasbro has shown. The black suit from FFH is still available so I doubt that one. This is the next IP to whore out for HT.

Exactly. MCU Strange looks like a cosplayer with a tapestry around his back. He needs to look like a proper, otherwordly sorcerer. I don't get why one one hand we get zanny nonsense like Ragnarok, and on the other we can't get a proper cloak. The leather boots with the straps around them are especially bland.

Same. By some quirk of fate I had two 2099 figures as a kid so I've got a fondness for him. And then I got to reading the 2099 for him, Doom, Punisher and GR. But for me it's because I want a Miguel HS. Buying just the suit from a game feels off. I'll wait in case Sony does a Spin-Off. I hope the Beyond movie moves forward too. I'm imagining a pretty great CyberPunk shelf with Batman Beyond, Spider-Man 2099, Neo, Deckard, Motoko, Adam Jensen and so on. But sadly, I don't think it'll ever become a reality...

tw6p3e8ppgxy.jpg
Where is that pic of Spidey 2099 and Batman Beyond from? Hopefully a crossover and not fan art.

Spidey 2099 is meant to be in the Into the Spider-Verse sequel and he had his cape at the end of the first movie, so hopefully they'll make him then, although he'll be animated, but then again, they haven't made Peter B Parker which is immensely disappointing and prevents me from getting Miles and Gwen, although I do have them from Mafex (Spider-Gwen soon).

Did you have the Spider-Man Origins one? I picked that one and Iron Spider up at a supermarket when I stumbled on them randomly.

No doubt there will be a Tobey and Maguire SM. Got the black and gold already and Strange looks the same but his movie is next after this, so no Strange. Strange is not Sorceror Supreme yet, so he could get an update then. I see Doc and Goblin being made. If it looks like Lizard, Sandman, Rhino and Electro, it could be easy to do a Sandman and Electro. Especially if they look cool and do cool things. Iron Spidey reissue makes sense and there is an updated red and gold suit Hasbro has shown. The black suit from FFH is still available so I doubt that one. This is the next IP to whore out for HT.
Ah true about the FFH suit. The HC suit sold out, but the Upgrade is still readily available and COVID delays ruined HT's chances of a movie promo version.

Ah true about the FFH suit. The HC suit sold out, but the Upgrade is still readily available and COVID delays ruined HT's chances of a movie promo version.
I know the FFH upgraded suit is from the early comics, but it just doesnt work with the red for me. Blue and red Spidey all the way. Now an all black with white I'm all for. Black and gold, eh.

I hate mcu Spider-Man suits since endgame. Tired of the the gold or the black . If it’s not the official black suit then it’s a no go for me. The first suit he wore is the only suit I like.

Where is that pic of Spidey 2099 and Batman Beyond from? Hopefully a crossover and not fan art.
Just fanart, sorry.

Spidey 2099 is meant to be in the Into the Spider-Verse sequel and he had his cape at the end of the first movie, so hopefully they'll make him then, although he'll be animated, but then again, they haven't made Peter B Parker which is immensely disappointing and prevents me from getting Miles and Gwen, although I do have them from Mafex (Spider-Gwen soon).
Yeah, I know. Their Layla is underwhelming. But I want a proper realistic figure. I'm not looking to break into the animated side. I do have plans for a small animated shelf for some assorted anime, cartoon, manga and non-human videogame stuff, but my 1/6ths will remain realistic.

Did you have the Spider-Man Origins one? I picked that one and Iron Spider up at a supermarket when I stumbled on them randomly.
Nah, older. It was an old ToyBiz 10" one from 1996 that a kid in the building had and sometimes I'd play with:

DSCN6403_4_grande.JPG

And I also had the Minimate that I got through a lot I randomly bought on eBay, with some other ones:

hF_g2yaI2IqnVcQpnr0fIYJuR0tdiF1UF1lp_F477UWiXozFgSyuVc8lrWofmjNWzWYEQ_nof81jurQo6GV-lq7nAOP9DvzZiyZfOwJE

Apart from buying the new Dooms, I never got any Hasbro or whatnot 6" figures. There was little, if any, merch around my parts. Even a licensed Lego set was some elusive grail. I'd just stare at the promotional booklets they'd give and then oggle the sets online.

I wonder if hot toys will do a reissue of the Garfield suit or update it. We most definitely need a update of Tobey Spider-Man. I highly doubt they’ll do all the villains sadly
I'd love to see an updated version. I enjoyed the original for quite a while, but the proportions were odd and the lenses looked more gray than white. Garfield was lanky but not alien-lanky.

Rest of the year we get Venom in Oct, Eternals in Nov and Spider-man NWH in Dec. Makes sense for a Carnage and a load of SM figures. No clue with Eternals.

Having watched the 4th episode, I hope to see "What if" Strange in MCU.
If that ever happens, I will definitely get him.

Last edited:
I'm kind of ticked that they gave a pallete swapped version of the comic costume to the evil Strange, and hero Strange is always stuck looking like the MCU version that's been unchanged in all of his appearances thus far. Also, can they just give him some goddamn gloves already?!

Back