Next Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama to do next

• Total voters

Natedog

Super Freak
Reaction score
With my current Han in Carbonite diorama quickly drawing to completion, I'm already thinking about what to do next.

Options:

1 - Detention Block AA-23

2 - Obi-wan and Qui-gon breaking into the bridge of the Federation Starship

3 - Mace Windu and Palpatine battle

VOTE NOW! :)

I personally would also go for Detention Block but the bridge of the Federation Starship would present a more challenging and enjoyable project, there seems to be a lot more detailing in that one.

detention as number one..
or this..
docking bay 94..
dock_zps7063da8a.jpg

Another member did the detention block and has a thread on it but all the pics are gone. Does anyone know him/her? Maybe have another link to their pics?

OK, so I did some preliminary drawings of the detention block just to figure out the scale. It was difficult since there's not a lot of reference material. I just used screen caps from the film.

This thing would be minimum 28" deep if I include Chewie. Minimum 18" deep if I don't. I don't want to make it if I can't include Chewie. I don't have a nice "hairy" Chewie anyways. I may just put this one on the back burner for a while.

Sorry guys, but I have another idea I'm looking into that I'm sure you'll like!

Not for a while, BUT... I did redesign the plan and its going to be doable now. I decided to make it in modules so I can add to it down the road if and when I get a hairy Chewie. I'm also going to "cut" it in half to show each side on its own kind of like bookends that can also be placed together to give the "tunnel" effect. I'll start a thread once I start the build. Wish me luck :)

Cheers!

I did one a while ago, you may have even been referring to mine. I can't find pics anywhere. I think I deleted them because it kinda sucked. It had potential, but at the time I was more concerned with making it cheap/inexpensive, mainly because it was huge. I used a bunch of foam board, but did the floor in balsa wood, cutting all the little spacers for the grating by hand. I'd do some things different now, some things the same. Come to think of it, it was OK, just very big. Had lights in the floor and an open garbage chute for someone to dive down. I'll keep checking around for the images, I doubt anyone here would have saved them. Anyhow, I look forward to your take on it. There are a few different display options for it, so it should be cool.

Not for a while, BUT... I did redesign the plan and its going to be doable now. I decided to make it in modules so I can add to it down the road if and when I get a hairy Chewie. I'm also going to "cut" it in half to show each side on its own kind of like bookends that can also be placed together to give the "tunnel" effect. I'll start a thread once I start the build. Wish me luck :)

Cheers!

Good luck!!!

Back