Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like Christopher Reeve, or Superman, or both, then this piece is for you. It is a definitive piece of the Reeve Superman.

The likeness of Reeve has definitely been captured in this piece. The odd thing is, depending on what angle you look at the statue, or the lighting, you can see a seriousness to the pose, or you can see the beginning of that Superman Reeve smile he is known for.

Whichever point of view(s) you see, CM got it right. And like many other well known statues we know of, this piece is MUCH better in person.

The base, as Enzo has already mentioned, is surprisingly light, while the crystals themselves actually have a bit of weight to them. They feel, and look, like the real thing.

I was pretty amazed by the hair. It is slicked back, and like Raf has already mentioned, it can be modified. I left mine as you see it. This are the best eyes I have seen to date on a human representation by CM. I thought I was going to want glass eyes, but these painted eyes hit their mark.

Cinemaquette, if your goal was to produce a high end definitive and collectable statue that captures a strong likeness of Christopher Reeve Superman, then your goal has not only been met, it has been surpassed.

Here are the pics.

Please note;

1. One of the pics of the head has had the left eye retouched a tiny bit to remove debris.

2. Some of the pics have a bit of different lighting, this is to show how lighting can play on the flesh color of the silicon.

3. The last pics which show scale of the Superman: This is not the proper lighting, but it will suffice as moving these big boys around at 1:00 AM was a tiring, but pleasurable effort.

4. The long eyelashes could be curled back further, but actually look great in person, so I have choosen to leave as is.

CMSuperman002.jpg

CMSuperman001.jpg

CMSuperman003.jpg

CMSuperman004.jpg

CMSuperman005.jpg

CMSuperman006.jpg

CMSuperman007.jpg

CMSuperman008.jpg

CMSuperman009.jpg

CMSuperman010.jpg

It all looks GREAT...except the hair! It's just too "poofy". :monkey4 I just don't know what other way to say it. Reeve's hair as Superman was slicker, more close to his head. It looked like he put some hair gel in his hair to help it lay down more. Also in looking at close up pictures of the face, the left eye looks to be smaller than the right eye. It makes his face look just a tiny bit...OFF.

I am a HUGE Christopher Reeve as Superman fan! He will always be the ONLY person to properly portray Superman to me. I thought about saving up for this Cinemaquette, but not now. For me, the hair is what kills it! To me it looks like he is wearing a wig. It's just my opinion I know. But everything is is SO great, and then the hair comes in and kills the WHOLE statue for me! The hair...and oh yeah...that eye too.

I'll stick with my custom 12" Reeve Superman coming to me soon courtesy of the "Figuremaster" himself...Les Walker! :yess:

Yeah, that's really one of two things that bothers me about it. The "poofy" hair, and one of his eyes just doesn't look correct. :dunno

Really great pics Greg!
I think Reeve came out fantastic!

Thanks Chris. I was down there again, cannot find the HT Robo. Will get back to you, I am starting to sell a lot of stuff beginning around Sept of things I am no longer collecting, it should pop up then. If you have found one, that is awesome!

Fantastic likeness! I'm impressed that they even gave him "real" eyelashes!

Thanks! They look much better in person (read next part for more info after the three quotes).

looks nice, but goddamn the hair looks absolutely horrid! :monkey4

The eye lashes and brows look a little funky to me. Good thing Vader lost all his hair from the lava.:lecture

It all looks GREAT...except the hair! It's just too "poofy". :monkey4 I just don't know what other way to say it. Reeve's hair as Superman was slicker, more close to his head. It looked like he put some hair gel in his hair to help it lay down more. Also in looking at close up pictures of the face, the left eye looks to be smaller than the right eye. It makes his face look just a tiny bit...OFF.

I am a HUGE Christopher Reeve as Superman fan! He will always be the ONLY person to properly portray Superman to me. I thought about saving up for this Cinemaquette, but not now. For me, the hair is what kills it! To me it looks like he is wearing a wig. It's just my opinion I know. But everything is is SO great, and then the hair comes in and kills the WHOLE statue for me! The hair...and oh yeah...that eye too.

I'll stick with my custom 12" Reeve Superman coming to me soon courtesy of the "Figuremaster" himself...Les Walker! :yess:

The hair is a little poofy, but otherwise it's a stunning piece.

Yeah, that's really one of two things that bothers me about it. The "poofy" hair, and one of his eyes just doesn't look correct. :dunno

Thanks for your comments guys. The hair truly looks "poofier" in the pics because of the focal length of the lens combined with the fact that a 3D is being compressed into a 2D. To get as best a likeness of what I see, I use a longer focal length which does compress it, enough to make it look "poofy". The best way to really judge this part is in person, and you would quickly see what I mean by this.

I have to retouch the left eye a bit because of a bit of debris, this may have been a bit put offish. For painted eyes, I have to tell you these ones actually look real on the one I have (and keep in mind I am an advocate of using glass or acrylic eyes in these scale models or larger).

The real hair and eyelashes, are done well IMO, and when viewed from a distance of 8 inches or further, they make the figure come alive. If you get a chance to see one in 3D, it is something else.

Please post your thoughts when you do see one.

That's the longest a page has ever taken to load on this site. :thud:

Sorry, the first few pics were mistakingly taken in Large JPEG mode. I did not catch it until half way through.

Also, I do load the highest res on Photobucket, and that is to capture the details. It would be quicker if I had photographed them in small JPEG, but still take a while to load as I upload largest setting on Photobucket.

Thats because you downloaded 20.2MB worth of photos which is bloody scandalous.

:panic:

I'm just waiting for someone to quote the entire post so they can say "Nice"

Thanks!

This is how I feel in a nutshell:

Its not the worst sculpt in the world.
But its not the best either.
For $2000 the sculpt and costume should be picture perfect accurate, and it simply is not.

Pass.

2 freakin grand!? They might sell 100 of those total. I have to money to buy its like the guy above said, Its not perfect for that price.

Back