Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed George to try and arrange a time to interview him at SDCC but he didn't respond. He doesn't come off well in that interview but when I spoke with him in 2007 he was very friendly and forth coming with information.

This is very disturbing - both Cinemaquette spokespeople saying that Reeve Superman has no yellow "S" on his cape in the films.

https://www.chocolatebydeath.com/forum/topic.php?id=271

Let's start pulling screen grabs kids and sending them to over.

Don't worry -
Worse case scenario is they either neglect it (noooo excuse whatsoever) or they make a mess of it. Either way I will have 100% accurate 1/4 scale fabric cape symbols available as shown below....

Quarter_S.jpg

Aren't Cinemaquette's 1/3 scale Martin?Also,if he doesn't have the "S",I'm sure someone'll probably make patches that you could sew on or even an iron on for that matter.

Aren't Cinemaquette's 1/3 scale Martin?Also,if he doesn't have the "S",I'm sure someone'll probably make patches that you could sew on or even an iron on for that matter.

Yes, they are.

And as easy a fix as it would be - you shouldn't have to fix anything on a $2000 piece.

Yes, they are.

And as easy a fix as it would be - you shouldn't have to fix anything on a $2000 piece.

Damn Straight, :mad: They better put the S on that cape!! :thwak

Are these people stupid? what movies are they watching? even the old Superman show with George reeve's had a Damn S on the cape. If they mess this up, that 2 grand is going to a hitman!! :balrog :lol

Who knows what's really going on but whatever it is though I can't accept it being a case of them being stupid, I mean they created a company from which collectors love to purchase from.

That being said, I wouldn't even want to begin guessing what the reasons could be.

Who am I kidding, of course I want to guess.

Legality, Licensing, Internal conflicts or maybe they're just crazy delerious with malaria or just plain stupid dumb! :lol

Last edited:
Who knows what's really going on but whatever it is though I can't accept it being a case of them being stupid, I mean they created a company which collectors live to purchase from.

That being said, I wouldn't even want to guess what the reasons could be.

Who am I kidding, of course I want to guess.

Legal, License, Internal conflicts or maybe they're just crazy delerious with malaria or just plain stupid dumb! :lol

I think you hit the nail on the head with "Just Plain Stupid Dumb". :lol I mean watch any movie with Reeve the S is there.

Yes, they are.

I agree with this,and I think they better watch the movie again,but if they're too proud to admit their wrong,then they better at least fix the problem.

Just like movies coming out today, being loosely based on the source material, it is the same thing with collectibles as well..unfortunately.

I think you hit the nail on the head with "Just Plain Stupid Dumb". :lol I mean watch any movie with Reeve the S is there.

That is VERY TRUE! I have the huge Superman Ulitmate Collection DVD set with all of the movies in it. I know the four Christopher Reeve movies well enough to know that there IS a yellow "S" on the back of his cape! How can they flat out ignore that fact. I know they've looked at tons of research pictures to create this statue. As Dave said here, for $2000 you shouldn't have to change anything! Everything should already be there.

That is VERY TRUE! I have the huge Superman Ulitmate Collection DVD set with all of the movies in it. I know the four Christopher Reeve movies well enough to know that there IS a yellow "S" on the back of his cape! How can they flat out ignore that fact. I know they've looked at tons of research pictures to create this statue. As Dave said here, for $2000 you shouldn't have to change anything! Everything should already be there.

I got that DVD set too. :cool:

They had to be watching Superman Returns wich is stupid seeing how thats not CR. I just hope they get with it, and put the S on the cape.

Superman is pretty iconic, to be in the business of crafting collectibles that have such detail, you would figure these guys would remember these things without question.Though SS has its similar slip ups with product as well.This is just laughable for someone to claim the yellow and black S was not on the cape in the movies.

Superman is pretty iconic, to be in the business of crafting collectibles that have such detail, you would figure these guys would remember these things without question.Though SS has its similar slip ups with product as well.This is just laughable for someone to claim the yellow and black S was not on the cape in the movies.

To me, The S on the cape is a given, any fan of the movies should know its there.

Superman Is the Man, He is the only one with a punch named after him. (Superman Punch). There is no spidy slap or hulk hit. So in my opinion if any one is going to do a Superman what ever, they better get it right.

Or else :emperor :maul

To me, The S on the cape is a given, any fan of the movies should know its there.

Superman Is the Man, He is the only one with a punch named after him. (Superman Punch). There is no spidy slap or hulk hit. So in my opinion if any one is going to do a Superman what ever, they better get it right.

Or else :emperor :maul

Ummm..

Hulk Smash is a-lot more popular than Superman Punch.......:cool:

Superman Punch.....sounds like a good party drink though, i'll give you that....:lol

Oh, and Hulk Hit = :rotfl:monkey5:rotfl:google:rotfl

Ummm..

Hulk Smash is a-lot more popular than Superman Punch.......:cool:

Superman Punch.....sounds like a good party drink though, i'll give you that....:lol

Oh, and Hulk Hit = :rotfl:monkey5:rotfl:google:rotfl

Noooo, Superman punch is a real punch used in the UFC. There is no hulk smash in real fights.

There is an incredible hulk drink thoe.

Last edited:
Noooo, Superman punch is a real punch used in the UFC. There is no hulk smash in real fights

Ohhhhh....UFC, I thought you meant in comics....I was like....what the heck is a Superman Punch.....:confused:

Well.......i'm calling the person in charge of giving punches and kicks their individual names at KFC....errr.....UFC and kindly asking them to add Hulk Smash to their list of pain management and while they're at it if they could also make their fighters wear the Superman S decal on all their fighters back and their opponents could then wear purple ripped shorts :rock

Back