New Wonder Woman TV Series...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks like a bar waitress in a cheap costume on Halloween. This costume looks like it costs 50 bucks at the mall.

At least Devil's #2 Pshop gets the colors closer to where they need to be. Still too shiny. the original image was Pshop'd like crazy so maybe it won't look as plastic on TV.

Who in production thought this looked badass? Didn't these people see Olivia Wilde in Tron?

As much as it sucks I have a feeling this costume won't be the show's biggest problem.

Who in production thought this looked badass?

I've thought that about so many Movie/TV/Video Game designs. :lol:lol:lol

You'd think one person would be like "Yeah Joel, I know you really love the whole Batman nipples thing but I'm telling you, it looks terrible." Or like at least one person at Acclaim Entertainment speaking up during the pre-production/planning of Turok: Evolution and saying "Yeah I know you guys need a villain for the end of the game, but Tobias Bruckner aka the evil Civil War Southerner that's half robot and rides around on a T-Rex with lasers might not be the best way to go."

Terrible choice for the material, she looks like a dominatrix. Should have been like Olivia Wilde's suit material in Tron like someone mentioned.

wonderwomant.jpg

:wave

I've thought that about so many Movie/TV/Video Game designs. :lol:lol:lol

You'd think one person would be like "Yeah Joel, I know you really love the whole Batman nipples thing but I'm telling you, it looks terrible." Or like at least one person at Acclaim Entertainment speaking up during the pre-production/planning of Turok: Evolution and saying "Yeah I know you guys need a villain for the end of the game, but Tobias Bruckner aka the evil Civil War Southerner that's half robot and rides around on a T-Rex with lasers might not be the best way to go."

I wonder if anyone here but a few would get that reference. :lol :clap

Uh anyway yeah I agree the outfit looks bad. What's worse is that imo in that pic the make-up makes her look less attractive than she is.

The pants suck!!... and no white stars...
Looks like a pic from one of those Halloween costume catalogs...

It just looks cheap and too shiney/glossy, and has been stated it looks like a Halloween/stripper catalog costume.

:lecture

With the resources they have at their disposal its shocking thats the best they could come up with. Looks tacky and cheap.

Jim Lee is an amazing artist but his conceptuals for costuming are horrible. Take a look at any of his individual revisions in the DC and Marvel Universe and they are rather uninspired the new Wonder Woman costume included both comic and this.

She looks like an S&M Cosplayer, a bad one at that. The only thing missing is the GIMP on a leash. This show is like watching two trains barrel towards each other you can't help but look away because you know the carnage that is going to occur.

I'm surprised Wonder Woman fans aren't more pissed because when this tanks (Titanic Epic Tank Status here), it'll put Diana in the back of the line for another 10 years.

I'm surprised Wonder Woman fans aren't more pissed because when this tanks (Titanic Epic Tank Status here), it'll put Diana in the back of the line for another 10 years.

This is EXACTLY why I'm pissed. Instead of a big epic on the movie screen we're going to get "Wonder McBeal".

And Devil nails it again with the Pshop! I hear Duke Nukem saying "Shake it baby!"

Devil,
Love the second pic..My wife(who is all about wonderwoman)absolutely hates the outfit...and after discussing what she would like to see with the outfit...there is your second pic..THATS IT...THATS THE ONE.

Now lets keep in mind that this pic was leaked by EW...and there may be some changes to it before the show airs.

I still dont mind the top and the overall silouhette of the outfit. I just hate the blue they used, the blue fabric and wish the boots were red.

How about just going with a Matte royal blue/dark blue pvc on the pants and balancing out the whole outfit with the red boots instead of blue...?

I think your second pic is the way to go!!!!!!!

SMCG

Could we ever have a realistic Wonder Woman?

As this is being made by the same dude who gave us Ally McBeal, were we expecting anything less than tacky?!

I think this show will be relocated to hang over tv much like Ugly Betty.

I have no problem with them amping up the sex appeal for Wonder Woman just as long as her fighting looks like real fighting and not like a model pulling of a weak girly kick or punch for the camera.

you comic book geeks are really amazing. Your posts sound all dramatic like there is a moralistic or altruistic difference between.

WonderWoman.jpg
wondy_mar19.jpg

First off, can you not see that the costume is pretty much the same from the belt up? Second, is the difference between blue boots and red boots really that significant? Lastly, is there really something inherently more slutty about shiny pants than shiny hot pants?

You guys....... :lol I

I'm huge fan of WW but I hate this new costume. It's not because of anything other then the fact that it looks like a cheap Halloween costume you can go to your local Party City and buy IMO.

Jim Lee is an amazing artist but his conceptuals for costuming are horrible. Take a look at any of his individual revisions in the DC and Marvel Universe and they are rather uninspired the new Wonder Woman costume included both comic and this.

She looks like an S&M Cosplayer, a bad one at that. The only thing missing is the GIMP on a leash. This show is like watching two trains barrel towards each other you can't help but look away because you know the carnage that is going to occur.

Trying to work my head around the last statement here, what Wonder Woman fans? They don't buy the comic, it's never been a huge seller, so what fans are we speaking about? I'm pretty sure the Kelly produced show isn't looking for the comic fans.

While WW has a huge following it not exactly translated to sales, her merchandise doesn't sell like any of the male super heros, girls in general don't relate to her and most male fan's while complaning about hot pants would rather see her in a string bikini.

WW is a tough sell no matter what.

Evan

Trying to work my head around the last statement here, what Wonder Woman fans? They don't buy the comic, it's never been a huge seller, so what fans are we speaking about?

Wonder Woman has been on my pull list for years. I think poor sales for the comic are mainly due to uneven writing. Most (but not all) of the teams who work on WW have an easy time finding hero stuff for her to do, can't figure out how to write Diana as a person away from the action. Historically Clark Kent is a very well defined character, Bruce Wayne is well defined, but Diana gets re-worked occasionally.

I think this has a lot to do with DC always having guys write the title. Most guys have difficulty writing female characters. When WW fights this isn't such a problem. So she fights a lot.

A few years ago DC published an ongoing Catwoman series. For quite a while it was very good, but then they jumped the shark. They knocked her up and then didn't know what to do next. Turns out they didn't like writing her as a mommy. They also revealed that she wasn't truly reformed, just that Zantanna had mind-wiped her. It all circled the drain from there on. Spider-man's "One Day Later" looked like f'king Shakespeare next to the final six months of Catwoman. This kind of confused writing crops up in WW as well.

Most recently JMS re-invented WW and immediately left the series. He put ghost-writers on the title so he can focus on Superman graphic novels. DC should boot his ass and put Amanda Conner on the book. (anyone who read her stint on Power Girl knows she can balance character, humor and action)

I'm pretty sure the Kelly produced show isn't looking for the comic fans.

This WW series will be the new "Lois and Clark:The Adventures of Superman". That show went a few years, but Superman fans hate it. I expect the same here.

you comic book geeks are really amazing. Your posts sound all dramatic like there is a moralistic or altruistic difference between.

WonderWoman.jpg
wondy_mar19.jpg

First off, can you not see that the costume is pretty much the same from the belt up? Second, is the difference between blue boots and red boots really that significant? Lastly, is there really something inherently more slutty about shiny pants than shiny hot pants?

You guys....... :lol I

I don't get it either. :huh Everyone keeps saying it looks like a halloween costume, but that's what superhero costumes are. I don't see how this one is any different than the Spidey outfit from the Raimi movies that everyone seemed to love so much. It too looked like something from a costume shop, but it was supposed to, that's what superheroes look like.

Back