Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so they got back to me and couldn't get me another body, they said they have to use their alloted ex stock (which is exhausted) and can't pull from regular as i also need a base and pillar (the off centre hand issue) so it is what it is i took the $70 credit so its over and done with.

Got it in today
9f010ce98e5d2f86d7fa9bbd15d4bdf2.jpg
cc9e0dec0d253b64336dd28d1bb148b0.jpg
ce31ce9a7a6246c68f1d28089f0777e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay guys I asked the commissioner if it would be okay to share pics of his custom head and base and he asked me to hold off till they are a little more complete. I will also add that another individual is making a set of custom heads, a Romita and a McFarlene for this one... This piece is getting a lot of custom love. I have been considering doing an unmasked portrait, but I am not sure if it would be something that people would want.

Soooo has anyone's waitlist converted for the EX? Hopped on it the day after it went to WL cause I was pretty sure it would convert soon (no way they actually sold out). Also sold my comiquette for this so it better convert :/

I'd be very curious to see how this dude looks with a Romita head.

In other news, got an update late last week that they had a replacement body for my damaged original. Should have it tomorrow. Fingers tightly crossed.

141 is in the house and is perfection....paint app has blown my mind.

Congrats :hi5: I'm number 143, and has QC issues.
This proves the base/Box doesn't really have anything to do with the actual Statue itself.

I received my replacement today. Have only briefly had a chance to inspect it, but mainly checked all the areas that had issues on my damaged piece (severe paint issues on the leg; chipped pumpkin bomb on the base) and those areas seem good on this new version. A few sloppy paint areas on the body, but nothing I can't live with and, overall, a vast improvement from what I first received. I'll give it a more thorough inspection at home.

It came with a piece of paper when I opened the box that essentially said the piece may have been previously opened and that a representative from their QC department has opened the item to personally inspect it for any flaws or damages before shipment. I've never had to deal with Sideshow on a replacement, so this may be the norm, but I thought that was a nice touch and I was glad to see it.

Glad to hear that, Ursus. When was it that you asked for a new body? It seems like some are getting one, some are put on a wait list, and others are told none are available. Its good to know that SS actually inspects replacements before shipping. I don't know where this statue ranks as far as poor quality, seems to be a lot, but I hope it's a wake up call to SS and their QC.

Back