Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep... The last email is straight forward.... "We can't see the damage you are taking about please send us some better pics." Seems logical and reasonable to me.

I feel that this is the largest issue with some of the requests. In my requests, I take high definition photos with arrows pointing directly to the damage. I also make sure that I describe the damage in great detail instead of "scratch on leg" type of stuff. If somethings broken or wobbly, I send video of me proving these imbalances or even spreading the polystone where there is a crack.

So is this still coming in batches? Because the EX is on a wait list and we have not seen a ton of these for review. I wouldn't put it past SSC to make the EX seem to be unavailable right now to sell buzz as there has been quite a few Regs Going to LCS dealers as well. Seems like we may see another batch or batches of the EX on the way.

So is this still coming in batches? Because the EX is on a wait list and we have not seen a ton of these for review. I wouldn't put it past SSC to make the EX seem to be unavailable right now to sell buzz as there has been quite a few Regs Going to LCS dealers as well. Seems like we may see another batch or batches of the EX on the way.
Even if they are shipping in batches that doesn't mean its not on waitlist. 2500pcs isnt going to stick around forever and this is already shipping. If someone waited this long to jump on the EX, well, thems the breaks.

I've seen more photos of this exclusive Spidey than any other piece since I started collecting. Facebook was flooded with them.

I stand by my statement. I never said you were lying, just that something was off, and your last email proves that. Sounds like you flooded SS with emails, you might have been rude which would cause them to not care to help you, and it sounds like you were making a mountain out of a mole hill by having a small black mark on the finger but you wanted a whole body replacement. I'm still siding with SS on this.

Nope i sent them one extra email in between replies, every other email has been a straight reply to sideshow. I have not been rude, why would i have been rude? all I've tied to do was get a new body so the product i paid over $500 for doesn't have a damaged part its that simple. i work alongside customer service people so i know how to approach these things thanks. If it was a black mark i would have accepted their credit long ago, yet its a crack so therefore i've asked for a new body so im not making a 'mountain over a mole hill'.

Yep... The last email is straight forward.... "We can't see the damage you are taking about please send us some better pics." Seems logical and reasonable to me.

The last email is pretty telling

I feel that this is the largest issue with some of the requests. In my requests, I take high definition photos with arrows pointing directly to the damage. I also make sure that I describe the damage in great detail instead of "scratch on leg" type of stuff. If somethings broken or wobbly, I send video of me proving these imbalances or even spreading the polystone where there is a crack.

You'd think however all my shots where taken with my 40mm macro lens so it doesn't get any clearer. :dunno every area was circled clealy showing what i was taking about

This is the crack while it looks small it actually runs around the base of the finger on on the palm over the knuckle and meets on the other side (i can't get that shot due to the black lining of the suit). Its only in place because of the wires in the fingers and a small amount of polystone that hasn't cacked yet, maybe it is small but it's still a cracked finger that could potentially hurt my resale value should i come to ever have to sell it even at retail (not that i plan to) i shouldn't have to take that hit when i paid full amount for a damaged statue. As i said it may look small but who's to say if i ever pack it away or god forbid knock it that fingers coming straight off. I've accepted that the paint marks and hell even the fact the hand doesn't sit flush on the base its off centre but i can't accept the damage to the finger.

DSC_0453.jpg

Last edited:
Nope i sent them one extra email in between replies, every other email has been a straight reply to sideshow. I have not been rude, why would i have been rude? all I've tied to do was get a new body so the product i paid over $500 for doesn't have a damaged part its that simple. i work alongside customer service people so i know how to approach these things thanks. If it was a black mark i would have accepted their credit long ago, yet its a crack so therefore i've asked for a new body so im not making a 'mountain over a mole hill'.

You'd think however all my shots where taken with my 40mm macro lens so it doesn't get any clearer. :dunno every area was circled clealy showing what i was taking about

This is the crack while it looks small it actually runs around the base of the finger on on the palm over the knuckle and meets on the other side (i can't get that shot due to the black lining of the suit). Its only in place because of the wires in the fingers and a small amount of polystone that hasn't cacked yet, maybe it is small but it's still a cracked finger that could potentially hurt my resale value should i come to ever have to sell it even at retail (not that i plan to) i shouldn't have to take that hit when i paid full amount for a damaged statue. As i said it may look small but who's to say if i ever pack it away or god forbid knock it that fingers coming straight off. I've accepted that the paint marks and hell even the fact the hand doesn't sit flush on the base its off centre but i can't accept the damage to the finger.

DSC_0453.jpg

See the circled part doesn't look cracked to me.... Now the barely visible crack running through the web line... That I can barely see, and I could understand how an SSC rep wouldn't if that is the ONLY pick you sent. Take the statue off the base and get some clean shots from on top of the hand and the palm that shows how it runs around the entire finger. Now they are out of replacements, but I bet they will put you on the wait list, and just make sure they extend your return window in writing.

See the circled part doesn't look cracked to me.... Now the barely visible crack running through the web line... That I can barely see, and I could understand how an SSC rep wouldn't if that is the ONLY pick you sent. Take the statue off the base and get some clean shots from on top of the hand and the palm that shows how it runs around the entire finger. Now they are out of replacements, but I bet they will put you on the wait list, and just make sure they extend your return window in writing.

Its not the only shot i sent of it i took pictures prior to setting it up in the daylight just using that as an example of how close i was getting for them, i also applied a little pressure to the finger to open the crack to show the extent. Its difficult to capture the extent of the crack due to it position and you guys may settle for it but im not willing too considering it cost me a lot more than you guys in the states to get a hold of the ex.

Have any UK folks sent back to sideshow? what happens in regards to the paid fed ex fees in event of refunds?

Last edited:
Does anyone feel like we are getting numb to paying these prices. For example I bought a couple XM pieces already and know I have to pay between 1100-1200 USD shipped. I also just paid for a commissioned group project which was a run of 100 pieces. The shipping on that piece alone from the Philippines cost me 270USD via Boat which is a 60 day wait time. There was one other commissioned piece I bought and the shipping was 380USD for Express post. These prices are on top of the actual Statue price which isn't cheap.

When I buy a piece from Sideshow its like candy to me. I'm like oh that piece is 470USD plus 45 ship, I'll take it. When I receive the piece I look at it and if it has flaws I cant live with, I would open a case to see if there is anything they can do. The emails go back and forth and finally you just say screw it , Ill take the credit and just look at the piece from the seating area instead of walking up to it where you would see the flaws.

The whole point here is I shouldn't be numb to Sideshows prices, 500 here 550 there, Sideshow is pumping out these pieces in larger numbers than ever before, and therefore having QC issues. Sideshow is creeping near prices like Prime 1 which seems to have a better QC, or I have just seen better examples in my LCS.

I'm still a customer, but dont feel Sideshow produced products are the reference when it comes to this new world of High end collecting.

/

SV, reclaiming duty from the government is no easy task.
I downloaded a form and they want you to jump through hoops.
A fellow Brit, on here, lost two lots of duty on damaged items.

Dunno why some on here have an issue with you asking for a replacement. Suppose they think it's their duty to act like jerks.

SV, reclaiming duty from the government is no easy task.
I downloaded a form and they want you to jump through hoops.
A fellow Brit, on here, lost two lots of duty on damaged items.

Dunno why some on here have an issue with you asking for a replacement. Suppose they think it's their duty to act like jerks.

:gah: that's a pain and puts me off the return route, nor me to be honest. I'm still waiting for their reply(another week) if they up the credit again i may just take it, even though i'd prefer a new body it doesn't look like they want to give me one being thats its been 4-5 weeks now.

Hey Stealth, I'm sorry. I kind of came off like a ****. We should be 100% satisfied with our purchases because we are paying a lot of money. I think 75% of the people on this site are nitpicking, whiney ass, trolls. I guess I just lumped you into that category unfairly. Good luck getting your new body.

Hey Stealth, I'm sorry. I kind of came off like a ****. We should be 100% satisfied with our purchases because we are paying a lot of money. I think 75% of the people on this site are nitpicking, whiney ass, trolls. I guess I just lumped you into that category unfairly. Good luck getting your new body.

:duff its alright dude, It wouldn't surprise me if the reason their stock is exhausted is for that very reason very minor paint flaws and people complaining which leaves the actual people with faults of cracks or damage up **** creek without a paddle. I think im just going to give up once it hits the 5 week mark and accept their credit offer which we shouldn't have to but seems to be the only way to get some form of resolution.

Does anyone feel like we are getting numb to paying these prices. For example I bought a couple XM pieces already and know I have to pay between 1100-1200 USD shipped. I also just paid for a commissioned group project which was a run of 100 pieces. The shipping on that piece alone from the Philippines cost me 270USD via Boat which is a 60 day wait time. There was one other commissioned piece I bought and the shipping was 380USD for Express post. These prices are on top of the actual Statue price which isn't cheap.

When I buy a piece from Sideshow its like candy to me. I'm like oh that piece is 470USD plus 45 ship, I'll take it. When I receive the piece I look at it and if it has flaws I cant live with, I would open a case to see if there is anything they can do. The emails go back and forth and finally you just say screw it , Ill take the credit and just look at the piece from the seating area instead of walking up to it where you would see the flaws.

The whole point here is I shouldn't be numb to Sideshows prices, 500 here 550 there, Sideshow is pumping out these pieces in larger numbers than ever before, and therefore having QC issues. Sideshow is creeping near prices like Prime 1 which seems to have a better QC, or I have just seen better examples in my LCS.

I'm still a customer, but dont feel Sideshow produced products are the reference when it comes to this new world of High end collecting.

/

I guess it's up to the individual. I have bought let's just say more than a few Sideshow pieces over the last few years and honestly they've never done wrong by me and their sculpts are better than every company out there, Prime1 just now maybe the only ones I think are up to their standard. As for the prices, Prime1 is still about $200 above Sideshow and XM, well let's not even go there, Iron Studios, also expensive and Gentle Giant/PCS just don't put anything I'd buy, though I think Gentle Giant has seen better days.

The point is, for me, Sideshow is still the only statue company out there that gives me the pieces I want and even though the prices have gone up,still better priced than just about everyone.

:goodpost:

I guess it's up to the individual. I have bought let's just say more than a few Sideshow pieces over the last few years and honestly they've never done wrong by me and their sculpts are better than every company out there, Prime1 just now maybe the only ones I think are up to their standard. As for the prices, Prime1 is still about $200 above Sideshow and XM, well let's not even go there, Iron Studios, also expensive and Gentle Giant/PCS just don't put anything I'd buy, though I think Gentle Giant has seen better days.

The point is, for me, Sideshow is still the only statue company out there that gives me the pieces I want and even though the prices have gone up,still better priced than just about everyone.

The beauty of forums is we all have a different outlook of things. For me I'm newer to collecting Statues as a whole. Some of the Pieces I have received from Sideshow are a win like Lobo who I know nothing about, but great QC, great Sculpt, great use of mixed media. Grey Hulk Comiquette , love the scuplt, love the paint, Hulk Avengers Maquette , love the sculpt, teeth, mixed media very happy. DC Superman, sculpt is good for something with a body suite. Ex burning head is cool pretty satisfied.

As for Spidey I love the concept, Love the dynamic pose. When I take pictures of him, I need to step back. He is what I call a "5 footer" as I need to stand back about 5 feet to forget there are flaws. When I look at the paint work and sculpt itself, I find imperfections on the front of him which is in my viewing area. Do the Sideshow Dance send emails wait 5-8 business days between each reply, 1 email per week for 3 weeks, I finally say ok Ill take that credit and keep him. He will be a "5 footer" statue.

Does anyone feel that when Sideshow increases these production runs so high , the factories really cant keep up with QC and provide us with a "5 footer" product. If I was at the factory and had to produce 2500 then another 5000, maybe Sideshow pushes the factories to pump out faster than a production run of 2000 total.

A fully sculpted piece is much harder to mass produce than one with a Costume covering the majority of the body. I would say its much harder work for them to paint all those black lines and not mix the blue, red, paint for the main body.

I know nothing about production, just looking at this as an outsider on what it really takes to mass produce a fully sculpted piece of art vs a Mixed media piece.

What do you think factory painters do when they finish a large run? They paint something else, it's their job.
It's like saying everyone in employment is justified to perform poorly on a Friday.

ES has no relation to quality, that's what quality control is supposed to be for.

What do you think factory painters do when they finish a large run? They paint something else, it's their job.
It's like saying everyone in employment is justified to perform poorly on a Friday.

ES has no relation to quality, that's what quality control is supposed to be for.

I bet if we have a painter chime in, they would get tired or not excited to paint the same object over and over again with no light at the end of the tunnel. The light at the end of the tunnel on a smaller run is to see the next new thing to paint.

More pieces get passed to QC and they feel the same way as painter. Start out with a fresh outlook to QC a new product, but then after so many pass through they just say "well this is kind of ok" then send it to packaging.

Back