Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally heard back from SS about my replacement EX head that doesn't fit. Offered me a full refund or a $30 credit to sand the neck down. Any thoughts? I assume the full refund is less the S&H (which is quite a bit). Really love the piece but would definitely put the money to good use on a grail piece

IMG_20160318_184026.jpg

I think it looks worse in person than in this picture. Plus there are a few issues with the body that I guess I won't be hearing back from them about because that request was sent in a week before this one.

Wow seriously? So you are supposed to be responsible for sanding it down? That sounds unacceptable, unless they have no more Ex heads for replacement maybe? I suppose you could just pretend you ordered the regular version being its the same price. Anything wrong with the regular head?

Wow seriously? So you are supposed to be responsible for sanding it down? That sounds unacceptable, unless they have no more Ex heads for replacement maybe? I suppose you could just pretend you ordered the regular version being its the same price. Anything wrong with the regular head?

No the regular head's good. They said they are unable to send out a new head. No more info than that. Very true about keeping as a Reg since I do really like it. Pros of keeping it may very well outweigh the cons, especially if I'm out shipping and return shipping by sending him back. It just stings that after being so excited about the first pics on the forum I ordered him in full, first order directly from sideshow, and he comes with rubs and two regular heads.

Yeah, def sucks and I'd hate to be in your predicament. But like you said, pros may outweigh the cons especially with the shipping. Plus with the $30 credit maybe you could put it towards fixing it, not sure what the guys here charge for customs or paint jobs but maybe it won't be too much.

I haven't been so thrilled either, I've been collecting for a while but this is my first time directly ordering through SS. My first order, Spidey has a cracked base, and now my Joker that just came in has his jacket stiched on wrong. I love their statues but this hasn't been the greatest experience for a new customer.

Yeah, if anything I would want the black part of the head sanded, magnet reattached, and repainted. Not the inside of the body sanded like they suggested.

And I have doom on flex coming in May too. Fingers crossed with him!

Finally heard back from SS about my replacement EX head that doesn't fit. Offered me a full refund or a $30 credit to sand the neck down. Any thoughts? I assume the full refund is less the S&H (which is quite a bit). Really love the piece but would definitely put the money to good use on a grail piece

The refund INCLUDES shipping costs. They will refund you the initial shipping cost and send you a pre-paid label to return it. You will not be out a dime, unless you also used reward points.

That's not bad if they refund shipping..I was gonna suggest returning it and finding one in the after market but it seems prices for the Ex are already jacked up a bit. Only one auction which is still under $500 with 3 days left.

Find out what it's gonna cost to fix, that would help you decide..or just take it as you just bought a regular version and saved $30 on it.

I think they cover shipping and handling on full returns due to bad product.

View attachment 254382

I think it looks worse in person than in this picture. Plus there are a few issues with the body that I guess I won't be hearing back from them about because that request was sent in a week before this one.

Thanks for the input. Guess for now I'm still on the fence. Still some things to weigh. Was planning on getting the beam signed by Stan Lee this summer, and even though I could have him sign another character he co-created, just feels like Spidey is the most meaningful. And picking him up after market is extra expensive in Canada - shipping and fees are pretty crazy on any statue I search for.

View attachment 254382

I have the same issue with the head but the paint on mine is bad with blue on red and red on blue PLUS white and black specs on the back spider. I am not happy and if they give me that response I dont think I will respond to kind.

Great pics, Luse. I'm still of the mind that pics do not do this guy justice though - the pose just looks SO dynamic in hand, it's really fantastic.

Thanks for the input. Guess for now I'm still on the fence. Still some things to weigh. Was planning on getting the beam signed by Stan Lee this summer, and even though I could have him sign another character he co-created, just feels like Spidey is the most meaningful. And picking him up after market is extra expensive in Canada - shipping and fees are pretty crazy on any statue I search for.

Sorry to see and hear about your Spidey...I'd return it for full refund.. there will be more Spidey's sooner than later and have Mr. Lee sigh a picture and frame and hang it... I hate seeing bad QC on SSC statues and folks having frustrating options.. it's just not right.

Back