Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of issues cropping up now.
That leg is awful. How can you pack a statue with paint not properly dry? :slap

Exactly how I feel. I could live with the chipped bomb, although we shouldn't have to settle for anything after the prices we pay for these. That leg though...

I've never had any problems with Sideshow customer service in the past so I'm hopeful they'll come through.

I'm curious, what are the edition numbers on everybody's with the issues? I can't say I have anything wrong with mine beyond the slight rub on the right thigh - it's #80. Wondering if they get sloppier as they go or if they improve their process over the production run. Or, then again, the numbers could just be randomly assigned. :dunno

I'm curious, what are the edition numbers on everybody's with the issues? I can't say I have anything wrong with mine beyond the slight rub on the right thigh - it's #80. Wondering if they get sloppier as they go or if they improve their process over the production run. Or, then again, the numbers could just be randomly assigned. :dunno

This. The chinese guy could write #1 under the base and then pack that base with the very last Spidey that was painted for what we know.

Sorry to hear about that Burning.

I received mine today. What a beaut this thing is. Tremendous presence in person.

Unfortunately, it arrived with some QC issues. There's about 1.5" of noticeably bad paint smear on the right leg. I noticed it as soon as I lifted up the wax paper and saw blue all over the paper. The pumpkin bomb with the closed mouth is also chipped on the center orange area. Referenced a few other photos and video reviews to make sure this wasn't part of the design and confirmed it's indeed a chip.

View attachment 254125

Sent Sideshow pictures of the damage and hoping they can provide a replacement body and base. I'd really like to keep this statue as I think they really hit it out of the park.

Yikes! Sorry to see this! That is the worst right leg I've seen so far on this and the other forum, even worse than mine! Hopefully they will quickly send you a replacement body and base!

Mine is #143. My Spidey has a finger nail size belly button near abdomen. Along with a couple Dark blue and white Dots on Chest. I dont think the number has anything to do with any form of the production run.

Im near the end of the run.. thousand something. I did notice some blue paint on the plastic he was wrapped in but overall I have no paint issues with mine compared to what Im seeing here. They're probably not letting these fully cure perhaps? Then they get handled, cramped next to one another and paint issues occur? ...not sure how their process works with cranking these out but they wreak of a strong paint odor when they arrive to my door.

Hmm. Sounds like the numbers are just random. Really weird. I also had some paint on the tissue paper inside but the rub on the statue is nowhere near those photos. There's just little sections of shiny areas, as if they put a dull coat on top of the entire thing and tiny chips came off of that.

Another question - if I were to pack him up again, do you guys think I should use the original tissue given that the paint clearly comes off on it? Are there any better alternatives to pack him up with?

Well I don't believe it. Spidey is opened and set up and although there in paint on the tissue paper and very tiny paint scuffs it's generally excellent. Nothing worth emailing Sideshow about. I got number 586.

For you guys that needed replacement parts, did you receive notice yet or received the part and how long did it take? I received an email saying a new base will be sent after they fully inspect a new one to make sure there aren't any issues with it.. that was a week ago, still waiting. Do they send out a tracking # when the new part ships?

For you guys that needed replacement parts, did you receive notice yet or received the part and how long did it take? I received an email saying a new base will be sent after they fully inspect a new one to make sure there aren't any issues with it.. that was a week ago, still waiting. Do they send out a tracking # when the new part ships?

The night I got mine (a Monday) I notified them immediately I was missing the EX head. They said they'd get back to me in 3 to 5. I heard back the following Tuesday that they had one to ship to me and I received a tracking number. Received the head that Friday, so nearly two weeks after first contacting them. Now I'm waiting to hear back because that head doesn't fit, but that's a whole other issue.

The night I got mine (a Monday) I notified them immediately I was missing the EX head. They said they'd get back to me in 3 to 5. I heard back the following Tuesday that they had one to ship to me and I received a tracking number. Received the head that Friday, so nearly two weeks after first contacting them. Now I'm waiting to hear back because that head doesn't fit, but that's a whole other issue.

Hmm, I contacted them the same day my order arrived, heard back 5 business days later and was told a new base would ship once the team inspects it to make sure there are no defects. That was last Thursday.. its been another week and still have not heard back from them. I just emailed them again to see whats going on with sending out my replacement.

I received my statue and noticed the problems with it on March 10. I called, live chatted, and sent a replacement request form to them on March 11 and was told they would get back to me within 3-5 business days. I didn't hear anything for over 5 business days, so I called them again on March 18, and after the call they emailed me to tell me they would send me new parts after they inspect them for any issues. Very early in the morning of March 22 I got an email telling me my replacement parts have shipped, and they are scheduled to be delivered by March 25.

So, yeah, similar to what ScroopyNoopers said, it will take two full weeks from initially contacting them for parts and me actually receiving them.

Ok, tried calling but no answer. I did Live Chat and my replacement is actually on its way, will be here Friday. I never received the email notice with the tracking # but it is on its way, live chat gave me the tracking so hopefully no further issues.

Well, it appears they did send me an email after all. I received a tracking email a few days ago but assumed it was for my Black Cat statue since they sent me a processing email the same exact day a few hours before. The tracking email had no other info attached to it like "replacement" so that's what threw me off.

Thumbs up SS!

Back