New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys r us should be on point. NECA's blog post about series one hitting the shelves was april 3rd and I saw them in my local toys r us on april 6th. Its just a matter of the cases getting to shipping warehouses. I'm curious to try spencers gifts too. Maybe tomorrow I'll give them a shot at the mall.

Last edited:
LOL! McBenzi! It seems we're doing nearly the same project now. I spent a good part of the day yesterday measuring and cutting my OWN fireplace. NECA's Posessed Deer Head was just too good to pass up. You never cease to amaze, man.

Still no sign of Series 2 here in FL either. But TRU does have to go through the warehouse. Here's hoping they start hitting soon. I'm just happy to hear that TRU will be carrying them.

LOL! McBenzi! It seems we're doing nearly the same project now. I spent a good part of the day yesterday measuring and cutting my OWN fireplace. NECA's Posessed Deer Head was just too good to pass up. You never cease to amaze, man.

Still no sign of Series 2 here in FL either. But TRU does have to go through the warehouse. Here's hoping they start hitting soon. I'm just happy to hear that TRU will be carrying them.

Post some pics, man! Take a look at that test i made:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBwxSRWlwQ[/ame]

That's looking really good mcbenzi! I'm about to run to my local TRU here in the Bronx to check up. I'll probably just waste gas and time, but I'm off today so, meh.

I would order hero ash online, but I would rather have a few on the peg to compare paint. A lot of the HFTS ashes and hero ashes that people got have the 'googly eyes'.

Agggh, I'm so weak. :lol I succumbed and ordered a set off eBay. $40 shipped, hard to beat that after 30 miles of gas round trip and taxes. If Ash is an absolute disaster, I'm capable enough to repaint him some.

Expedited shipping, so I'll have them Tuesday at the latest, and hopefully Monday. Fingers crossed! One of my most desired action figures, finally almost here!

I hear that. I've been waiting for a 'hero ash' figure since I first saw Evil Dead 2 15 years ago. Obviously, the McFarlane one never counted to me, hehe. Customer service at my TRU told me they would be getting a truck in tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that a case of these will be on said truck.

Haha, mcbenzi - I surely will when I get a little further down the line. I've finally got the walls up, and i'm working on a few of the fixtures and doors before I get the woodwork in.

It's really funny to see you incorporate some electronics, MINE has a lighted flame as well. It's great to see how similar ours are. Yours looks sooo good. Very impressive work, man.

Does anyone else notice, from ebay pictures of HFTS Ash and Hero Ash, that his shirt doesn't really sit flat at his waist? It seems a lot of them have shirts that are way too short?

I have noticed that and mentioned it at another forum. I didn't get a reply back, but I'm assuming it has to do with the exposed body and the ab joint having greater range of movement. So I don't think it's an issue anymore than it is on Series 1 bodies, it's just easier to pose him in a way that pops his shirt up.

I've been looking at pictures and watching videos trying to see if there's a chance that the harness is a wholly separate piece that might be glued in place. When Series 1 came out, I bought doubles so I could switch heads and have an Ash from the very beginning of the movie and a Deadite Ash from near the end. So in my continuing quest to have versions of every single look in the movie, I'm considering making a "Workshed Ash" with the chainsaw and harness but without all the battle damage. And if the harness is a separate piece that I could work off the body, that'd be awesome and make the task a lot easier.

From what I can see in pictures the shirt looks the same, like the folds and bunching looks the same. The harness seems to sit on top of the shirt and doesn't really sink into it, so it doesn't appear like they sculpted a whole new shirt piece. That gives me hope.

I would guess that its molded in with the shirt. From pictures, I really can't see it 'moving around'. I can be wrong though. Still nothing from my local TRU and the one in yonkers, NY. Yonkers told me they would be getting a truck tomorrow for sunday though.

EDIT: It's definitely molded to the shirt, you can tell in the picture from this seller on ebay. You can see some of the blue paint from the shirt on the strap.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVIL-DEAD-...5373?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item25735c669d

Last edited:
Darn, so if I want to do it, it's back to my original plan of cutting the harness carefully out of the shirt.

To all the New Yorker's here, I was just informed via twitter that series 2 has made it to TRU in times square. It's only a matter of time!

Just got my Hero ash today! Amazing figure. The recycled head is nicely painted! Better than the FTA arms, I think. My only gripe is his left arm. It's very limited to movement. Worth the hunt and worth the wait! I hope you guys get yours soon!

My set arrives tomorrow! Very, very excited. That's too bad to hear about the left arm, but not totally unexpected. As much as I love poseability, I like a good balance between sculpt and articulation...not necessarily a Marvel Legends figure.

Back