New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question.. for the ESB body fix..
which one of these is correct.

RAH Massive 2 Body 12-inch Figure
or
RAH Naked 2 Body 12-inch Figure

Sadly, believe it or not.. I had never opened my Boba figure after receiving it from Sideshow. It was one of the first over 100$ figures that I bought. I saw the value go up up up.. and then come back down after the Jedi version was released. It appears to have dropped even further.. but I think it still looks great.

I finally got the 12" Han in Carbonite set.. and figured it would be a great addition if I could add Boba.

Question.. for the ESB body fix..
which one of these is correct.

RAH Massive 2 Body 12-inch Figure
or
RAH Naked 2 Body 12-inch Figure

Sadly, believe it or not.. I had never opened my Boba figure after receiving it from Sideshow. It was one of the first over 100$ figures that I bought. I saw the value go up up up.. and then come back down after the Jedi version was released. It appears to have dropped even further.. but I think it still looks great.

I finally got the 12" Han in Carbonite set.. and figured it would be a great addition if I could add Boba.

Use the Massive. That's what I used, and even with the larger pieces that bulk the figure up, he's still very thin. I moved my pictures, let me put them back up....

025-1.jpg

001-3.jpg

033-1.jpg

035-2.jpg

044.jpg

sweet.. ill be placing my order for one of those. looking forward to sneezing at the original body and seeing it break. From the various threads ive read over the years.. it sounds like that will happen.

Thanks Kazukijun,

I only saw this message now.

I have emailled them and I hope they can help me.

I really appreciate you taking your time to pass on this email address.

Jay.

Just to let you guys know that Medicom Overseas hooked me up with the broken part for my ROTJ Fett.

He is now 100% complete again.

The customer service was 100%.

Jay.

They certainly did ace the paints on this one.

On a related note, I had the day off today, so spent some time taking a few snaps. This figure just naturally moved into nice poses. However the centre of gravity is tough to find, and he toppled a few times. The SS Boba better have rock solid joints or he's going to be a real shelf diver.

I'm not a Medi fan really - but I've gotta say guys.. their Boba Fetts are really nice figures!! They really give you the impression that there's a person in a suit under there, & as Nam said - lovely detailing. The helmets are also very nicely done.

I'm just not getting that vibe at all with the new SSC one. I guess it's just as well I won't be buying any of these, but if I had to choose.. I'd go with the Medicom figure for sure.

I wouldn't count on SSCs joints being as tight as Medi's. While they have certainly improved from the days of the initial release of the pro & armored bodies, the joints, in particular the ankles, have still not reached the level of stiffness of Medicom or Hot Toys.

The clones would be comparable to what Boba would be, and I wouldn't dare put any of them up on a 5+ foot high shelf without the stands for even a second! The ankles just aren't designed very well and they rarely can hold the weight of the figure with the armor.

Let me add: This is not a SSCs bash and only reflects MY opinion.

Great pictures. If I didn't already own this figure I'd be looking to buy him. He is the most expensive figure I've ever bought and I almost didn't buy him, but I'm glad I did. The RTOJ fett is my favorite and I doubt if /when sideshow makes him he'll be any better than thie one. :lecture

lets be honest, this is still the best boba figure out there hands down...right down to the fabric.

I wouldn't count on SSCs joints being as tight as Medi's. While they have certainly improved from the days of the initial release of the pro & armored bodies, the joints, in particular the ankles, have still not reached the level of stiffness of Medicom or Hot Toys.

The clones would be comparable to what Boba would be, and I wouldn't dare put any of them up on a 5+ foot high shelf without the stands for even a second! The ankles just aren't designed very well and they rarely can hold the weight of the figure with the armor.

Let me add: This is not a SSCs bash and only reflects MY opinion.

Boba is on a Pro 1.1, not the armor body. I bought a couple of Pro 1.2 bodies for my Indys, and those joints are super tight--bordering on too tight.

lets be honest, this is still the best boba figure out there hands down...right down to the fabric.

It is very nice especially after doing several mods to it...but I'm still looking forward to the SS versions.

1. Lowered shoulder armor to vest sleeves
2. Replaced/upgraded hose on gauntlet and added the two bottom hoses
3. Lowered the jetpack, reattached with straps
4. Glossed visor with Future floor wax
5. Loosened dummy head inside of helmet and stuffed a cotton ball in front of the face to reposition helmet angle
6. Added some red paint marks inside of the slots on the left chest armor for the LCD segments and glossed the slots
7. Added embroidery thread over the girth belt.

Some of my pictures of the figure after the mods from a ways back in the thread.

p10409122.jpg

p1040804j.jpg

p1040857.jpg

p1040796g.jpg

p1040787t.jpg

p1040866.jpg

I have to ask, when you added that Future did you mask all around the edge of the visor then brush it on?.

Boba is on a Pro 1.1, not the armor body. I bought a couple of Pro 1.2 bodies for my Indys, and those joints are super tight--bordering on too tight.

Both bodies are similar in design. I've got a ____ ton of both bodies and none have joints so tight that I would pose them without the stands.

Maybe the 1.2 is tighter but all of mine aren't too sure footed...not as stable as any of my Medi's or HTs figs.

Hopefully the Boba will have really tight joints...we'll see.

Both bodies are similar in design. I've got a ____ ton of both bodies and none have joints so tight that I would pose them without the stands.

Maybe the 1.2 is tighter but all of mine aren't too sure footed...not as stable as any of my Medi's or HTs figs.

Hopefully the Boba will have really tight joints...we'll see.

While the abdominal joint is really the only major difference in design, the joints are significantly tighter than the armor bodies. Which figures do you have on the 1.2 that are loose?

Back