NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't invest in toys.

Why not? A lot of these guys go up in value. Rarely do you see one go down in value (unless it's broken). Most of the iconic pieces like Dutch go up. If Hicks is going for what he goes for now then Dutch should do even better. If you asked people if they know who Hicks is from the movie Aliens most people would say "who"? But if you ask who Dutch is from Predator they will say was that Arnold's character? You would say yes, and they would say yeah I know who you are talking about. Dutch is just too popular and people have been waiting a long time for this guy. This hobby is growing rapidly and the people who missed out on this guy are going to want to get him once they get into this.

Hey guys, just got my Dutch in the post today. He came without any faults which is a relief - but generally, I feel pretty underwhelmed by this figure. He just looks too "doll like" on the shelf, which is crazy considering the wonderful head sculpt and incredible details of the outfit.

I might feel differently when Predator comes in and I can display them together - but for now, he looks a little goofy on my shelf.

On a side note, I took one of the shoes off and now can't get it back on without the trouser leg moving up when I put the boot on. Any suggestions on how to get it back on properly? Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

heat the boot up with a hair dryer and use something flat and blunt to tuck the pants into the top of the boot. should work ok that way.

He and Billy arrived! Easily my favorite 1/6 piece. The neck was really bothering me though, so I modded it right away. Here's some pics, just to share the joy. (excuse the quality of the pics)
DSC01077.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

Why not? A lot of these guys go up in value. Rarely do you see one go down in value (unless it's broken). Most of the iconic pieces like Dutch go up. If Hicks is going for what he goes for now then Dutch should do even better. If you asked people if they know who Hicks is from the movie Aliens most people would say "who"? But if you ask who Dutch is from Predator they will say was that Arnold's character? You would say yes, and they would say yeah I know who you are talking about. Dutch is just too popular and people have been waiting a long time for this guy. This hobby is growing rapidly and the people who missed out on this guy are going to want to get him once they get into this.

u fell for Evil Face's trap, hook line and sinker.

So from refraining from bending at the wrist level is really the only way to not break the pegs on the wrist?

How does most of these pegs break whenever the figure is being posed. He might just remain in a steady position otherwise for me, I'd rather not have to deal with finding pegs on eBay or anywhere else.

Is a good hint to try and position from the forearms on these figs?

I have a question about the wrist pegs.
Can any Hot Toys wrist peg fit in to replace the broken one or does it have to be the one from the new body?:confused:
:chew

No one knows?
I have a few extra laying around incase the worst happens and I want to know if any HT wrist peg will work?

No one knows?
I have a few extra laying around incase the worst happens and I want to know if any HT wrist peg will work?

Pretty sure any HT wrist peg with the smaller peg that goes into the hands will work, but I've had a bad history with wrist pegs on muscular bodies and since mine don't come out of the arm on their own, I'm not going to try to get them out to find out.

I need to dremel the peg that was left inside the arm, so there's no way to find out what that one looks like, but I guess I'll find out as soon as I try to put the regular wrist peg in...

The wrist peg in my Billy snapped, and I barely touched it.
Now I need to some how get the broken part out of his fore arm and get the rest out of his hand with out messing it up. I might use a small drill bit to get the broken part out of his upper arm.

Also my replacement Dutch the exclusive version will be here on Wednesday!

Last edited:
Back