New Hot toys Teaser...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is MJ Beat it version but i dont know if you people remember but MJ Smooth Criminal was announced in June-July by HT so i am confused!?
0.jpg

Now there's been talk of Gordon and Scarecrow. I find that highly unlikely. They missed the boat on them. The Dark Knight is over. There's the licensing issue with Gordon. Think about it. Why would you release Gordon and/or Scarecrow by themselves in the middle of 2011. It doesn't make sense. Two-Face, a main villain sold poorly, do you think they'd put a "boring" release of Gordon and Scarecrow out there? I doubt it. If Scarecrow happens, I'd buy it. You can never have too many Batman villains. If it's Gordon though, I'm not buying him. I don't care how much I like him in Begins and The Dark Knight, Gordon would be a stupid release all around and I doubt he'd sell well to non hardcore fans. Remember, a character that was a main baddy, had HALF OF HIS FACE BURNED OFF, came with all the right accessories AND a 2 in 1 option didn't sell well and floods the market with 70-90 dollar prices. Yeah a cop with a mustache, glasses and a few weapons is going to sell.

It may seem shallow, boring and repetitive but when it comes to 1/6 Batman if it isn't a guy dressed up in a rubber suit and mask with butt loads of accessories or a crazy ass clown with green hair and red lips nobody seems to give a crap.

I'd buy a gordon to go with my tumbler :lol

Since I'm freakin paranoid by the thought of putting him inside it, with the rubber suit and all.

It is MJ Beat it version but i dont know if you people remember but MJ Smooth Criminal was announced in June-July by HT so i am confused!?
0.jpg

No confuse dude, MJ is Very expensive licence.It costed HT Alot$$$$$$.
I'm sure will be more MJ :hi5:
Motown 83
Capitan Eo
Billie Jean (video)
The Way You Make Me Feel 1988
Bad tour outfit 1988 - Another Part of Me (video)
Black or White (video)
Jam - Dangerous Tour outfit 1992 or 1993.

It really seems the 3 clues are pretty obvious; Matrix, Beat It and Batman.

Why over think a teaser, not like there is some amount of obsessing that will give you the 100% actual answer :lol Just be patient, let the thread die and in a couple months we'll all be celebrating.

Just saying, Batman in a rubber suit is ALWAYS going to be a pail of fail as an action figure.

And Adam west Batman > Michael Keaton Batman Every time .

and it's mostly because of no rubber.

Armored nomex, however ( begins) is better than Adam west.

I'm pretty sure the "nomex survival suit" is rubber bro. If you're going by the story though, the Keaton Batman has a Kevlar armor suit as well.

If its Keaton Batman I hope they do it completely right first time out so the a*n*a*l customisers don't make me feel like my figure is inferior because of their fancy capes, shortened necks and reshaped cowls! :lol

:goodpost::exactly: Amen to that.

No confuse dude, MJ is Very expensive licence.It costed HT Alot$$$$$$.
I'm sure will be more MJ :hi5:
Motown 83
Capitan Eo
Billie Jean (video)
The Way You Make Me Feel 1988
Bad tour outfit 1988 - Another Part of Me (video)
Black or White (video)
Jam - Dangerous Tour outfit 1992 or 1993.

Of these I'd buy Billie Jean (video version). With that and Beat It and the Thriller Jackson I've already got, I'd have the perfect Thriller Album Michael set. Very cool. I'd also get Captain EO even though I just saw Captain EO back at Disneyland for the first time in decades, and it's horribly lamer than I remember, but still a positive childhood memory. Top it off with Smooth Criminal, and my Jackson collection is complete.

i'd definitely be down for a beat it michael. the others were kind of "meh" for me but between this and billy jean, michael was at his prime! bring it on hot toys

yep thats the only MJ that i am looking forward too, because they missed big time with Thriller MJ

I'm pretty sure the "nomex survival suit" is rubber bro. If you're going by the story though, the Keaton Batman has a Kevlar armor suit as well.

https://www2.dupont.com/Nomex/en_US/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomex

Newp.

Granted, his suit in the first film is nomex, and fictional space age body armor. the toy is what used rubber.
i think the suit in the movie was a combination of Rubber, Some nomex, or more likely, Noeprene.

Putting a toy of an action hero who does marital arts into a rubber suit is retarded, as is extremely restricts the type of poses you can do with him.

I'd rather have spandex. i don't much care for either hot toys batman for this reason. Didn't much care for the Burton movie either, but that's just personal taste. So i'll be passing on a Keaton bats if they do him, and stick to my kitbashed comic Bats.

but Great if it is for those of you that want one.

If the beat it sculpt turns out amazing would it work well on the thriller figure ..or would you say his hair is a bit too long at the back to become the thriller mj?

What are you talking about? :lol

There's no way they used "real" suits in any of the Batman films. They were all pieces of ____ that were used ONCE. There were probably hundreds of suits for different reasons. Hero suit, stunts, car, etc. I'm talking about all the films too.

They didn't actually use Kevlar or Nomex. It's movie magic.

Story wise, yeah in Begins he wears a Nomex survival suit with Kevlar. In Batman 1989, Batman wears some kind of armor plating, most likely Kevlar also.

But both films used rubber suits.

What are you talking about? :lol

There's no way they used "real" suits in any of the Batman films. They were all pieces of ____ that were used ONCE. There were probably hundreds of suits for different reasons. Hero suit, stunts, car, etc. I'm talking about all the films too.

They didn't actually use Kevlar or Nomex. It's movie magic.

Story wise, yeah in Begins he wears a Nomex survival suit with Kevlar. In Batman 1989, Batman wears some kind of armor plating, most likely Kevlar also.

But both films used rubber suits.

I agree, however,

For the "hero" versions, that's likely correct. i'll wager the "stunt suits" were Neoprene ( wetsuit material) however.

I was referencing to what it would be if the suits were "real". I thought you understood that was implied.

I was referencing to what it would be if the suits were "real". I thought you understood that was implied.

Yeah I did, until that second part. We're on the same page now. In terms of story yeah both the 1989 and Begins suit are armored suits.

I agree that it sucks that the suits prohibit a certain movement but also taking the "story" into account we're not supposed to know that their movement is restricted (until The Dark Knight pointed it out). Batman is all about dynamic poses.

I'm sure a 1/6 Keaton Batman figure would have more movement options than the film suit, just like the TDK OC before it. I don't really like rubber suits, but what are you going to do? The '89 suit is the closest thing to the comic book costume, especially the Neal Adams design. A few things are exaggerated like the scalloped cowl around the emblem and the belt and boots and gauntlets but it's pretty similar unlike the other incarnations.

They could make a full black fabric leotard suit underneath and put plastic pieces (chest plate, biceps, leggings) over it like the film. It sure would last a hell of alot longer and you'd get more pose ability out of it. It would be better than a 2 or three piece rubber suit.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/GSVmc2eFOss?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/GSVmc2eFOss?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back