New Hot toys Teaser...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/h_uUIaqV8-c?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/h_uUIaqV8-c?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
:lol :yess:

I just had a thought. All Icons could relate to MJ.
Uri Geller was his friend, the Shirt from Beat it, and he had a life size Batman costume :horror
0805_1_lg.jpg

Well if that icon means superhero and not Batman, this a dumb teaser.

If spoon + icon + plus stick figure Batman equates to one figure, this is a stupid teaser.

I see the bent spoon, I think of the Matrix. Seeing as though a HT Matrix line has been talked about and the fact they made the Sentinel I think it's likely.

That design was obviously the design on the shirt that Michael Jackson wore for "Beat It". Seeing as though Hot Toys loves to milk, er make 1/6 MJ figures it's got to be him.

Next we come to the stick figure. You can't sit there and tell me that it screams Nite Owl or Big Daddy. It's obviously Batman. Yeah those two characters parody/mimic the Dark Knight but really? Hot Toys can't pass up on offering another Batman for a weird choice like Nite Owl and a lame-ass release like Big Daddy (plus one Nicolas Cage figure is enough).

1.) Why would Hot Toys pursue a strange license like Kick-Ass? Yeah some people would like that ____ but, come on . . .

2.) Watchmen is dead. Silk Spectre first and absolutely no Rorschach? The main character of the movie/story/book? But they'll do Nite Owl? Yeah, sure. The line was ____ed at it's conception by not having Rorschach be first. Whatever happened, the window of opportunity is over for Watchmen unless Hot Toys wants to release an obscure figure that wouldn't sell well.

3.) IT'S A BATMAN SILHOUETTE. Hot Toys loves Batman. They've made tons of variations of him, MMS (2005), MMS x2 (2008), MMS DX (2009).

If it simply means "superhero", once again this is a dumb teaser. The ears, the scalloped cape equals Batman not superhero. This leaves options.

1.) 1989 Keaton Batman. Seems the most likely. Fans have been clamoring for this bastard for awhile. People have been making 1/6 customs of it for years. Other companies have started producing merchandise for the movie. It's DC's 75th anniversary. Hot Toys announced another comic book movie icon, Reeve Superman for December. I could go on and on. DCD has worked with Hot Toys in distributing in the past (TDK). DCD has a bust and statue of Keaton Batman coming out soon.

2.) Teaser for the third Nolan Batman film license. Little early though isn't it? The movie hasn't even started filming yet (April 2011). I doubt Warner Bros. would give them a head start. Anything is possible though, but really aren't HT figures for the "next one" a given?

3.) Arkham Asylum/City Batman. This could be possible as well with the sequel to one of the best superhero video games coming out next year. It would make sense. They make stylized 1/6 game figures. Very well could be, especially with DCD making 7" figures as well.

Now there's been talk of Gordon and Scarecrow. I find that highly unlikely. They missed the boat on them. The Dark Knight is over. There's the licensing issue with Gordon. Think about it. Why would you release Gordon and/or Scarecrow by themselves in the middle of 2011. It doesn't make sense. Two-Face, a main villain sold poorly, do you think they'd put a "boring" release of Gordon and Scarecrow out there? I doubt it. If Scarecrow happens, I'd buy it. You can never have too many Batman villains. If it's Gordon though, I'm not buying him. I don't care how much I like him in Begins and The Dark Knight, Gordon would be a stupid release all around and I doubt he'd sell well to non hardcore fans. Remember, a character that was a main baddy, had HALF OF HIS FACE BURNED OFF, came with all the right accessories AND a 2 in 1 option didn't sell well and floods the market with 70-90 dollar prices. Yeah a cop with a mustache, glasses and a few weapons is going to sell.

It may seem shallow, boring and repetitive but when it comes to 1/6 Batman if it isn't a guy dressed up in a rubber suit and mask with butt loads of accessories or a crazy ass clown with green hair and red lips nobody seems to give a crap.

I just had a thought. All Icons could relate to MJ.
Uri Geller was his friend, the Shirt from Beat it, and he had a life size Batman costume :horror
0805_1_lg.jpg

Michael Jackson in the 1989 Batman costume? DO WANT!

Last edited:
You make some very valid points DiFabio, couldnt agree more! But do you think we would see a release of a Keaton Bats before the Reeves Supes? Thats the only question that has me doubting its a Keaton Bats. This whole Superman demand has been going on for awhile now, its only recently that people really started demanding a Keaton, especially after Reeves was confirmed.

So do you guys think we will see actual specs of whatever the figure(s)are, or just an announcement for the license?

I don't know why some people are denying it being MJ. It's pretty much guaranteed to be Beat It MJ provided the facts given in a few pages back.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/h_uUIaqV8-c?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/h_uUIaqV8-c?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The hell?

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Okay, thank you. I could not remember that scene, so the bent spoon reference meant nothing to me.

It's a pivotal scene from the movie, I don't see how someone could forget it.

Attachments

• kaylee4.jpg
    kaylee4.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 5
  • kaylee3.jpg
    kaylee3.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 5
  • kaylee2.jpg
    kaylee2.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 5
  • kaylee1.jpg
    kaylee1.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 5
  • jayne4.jpg
    jayne4.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 5
  • jayne3.jpg
    jayne3.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 6
  • jayne2.jpg
    jayne2.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 8
  • jayne1.jpg
    jayne1.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 8
Just saying, Batman in a rubber suit is ALWAYS going to be a pail of fail as an action figure.

And Adam west Batman > Michael Keaton Batman Every time .

and it's mostly because of no rubber.

Armored nomex, however ( begins) is better than Adam west.

It's a pivotal scene from the movie, I don't see how someone could forget it.

How could anyone not remember. It was basically the Matrix tag line, everyone was running around saying it in school. I can't think of a more quotable line from the movie in fact. It was the Matrix equivilent to "I'm Rick James _____."

it's uri geller. he bends spoons. he hung out with MJ who died of heart complications (hence the heart), and he also liked watching batman on TV.

simples.

Back