New Galadriel in podcast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galadriel LSB?

Please please please please please, if you are doing a Galadriel PF or any PF for that matter, please please please please do not mix polystone and simulated hair. I hope that was some kind of early prototype/sample/WIP picture.

It's an intriguing little mystery, guessing what piece that image is showing and why it ended up in the podcast. I do hope that whatever the explanation is, it doesn't involve mixing sculpted and rooted hair on a PF. I'm not crazy about it on a 12" figure, but I'd rather see it on that than a PF.

I have a soft spot for ladies in PF -- and so Galadriel would have to be a disaster of GTW-like proportions :monkey1 for me NOT to get her.

Same here, love my Buffy, Seven of Nine and Leia PF's. If anything I was hoping to add a kick-arse Arwen PF and Padme PF as well.

Still, will wait to see final product pics as to what the mix-media hair looks like, if it still is, and if the likeness is any better from other angles or been fix from that angle.

In the mean time, bring on the eagle dio :chew

Looks like a PF to me!

Clearer pic:

galadriellr7.png
\

now why couldnt they use that type of hair for Gandalf PF, particularly his beard??? :confused::confused:

Using half "doll" hair would be a poor idea. Sculpt it along with the rest of the bust. Half sculpted and half doll hair is gay.

If this is a PF, I'll be passing. While I like the Galadriel character, I don't feel the need to spend $250 or so on it. I'd rather reserve that kind of spending for an armored Theoden, PEW, Easterling, etc. A pipe dream, I know.

I'm not fond of the mixed hair materials, but it's interesting to see Sideshow try different things. As far as the sculpt, I think it looks fine. No doubt her gown will be absolutely beautiful, and that's what PF is all about.

If this is a PF, I'll be passing. While I like the Galadriel character, I don't feel the need to spend $250 or so on it. I'd rather reserve that kind of spending for an armored Theoden, PEW, Easterling, etc. A pipe dream, I know.

Same with me. I like the character and will get her in 1:6th when done but not in PF.

As far as the hair It doesn't bother me and I think it might be something they tried with how the long hair on GTW didn't quite work as they wanted. Sculpted hair all the way down COULD be very fragile during shipping.

Same with me. I like the character and will get her in 1:6th when done but not in PF.

As far as the hair It doesn't bother me and I think it might be something they tried with how the long hair on GTW didn't quite work as they wanted. Sculpted hair all the way down COULD be very fragile during shipping.

I'd be ok with it if it were ALL rooted and styled properly, but half and half looks cheap and ****ty IMO.

I'd be ok with it if it were ALL rooted and styled properly, but half and half looks cheap and ****ty IMO.

I disagree. Its different but looks alright to me. Either way I'm passing on this piece.

I disagree. Its different but looks alright to me. Either way I'm passing on this piece.

Of course you disagree....it's done by SS. I am sorry, but that looks flat out bad. It would look good either all rooted or all sculpted, but it looks poor half and half.

One of the complaints with collectors with the WETA version is that the hair looks like spaghetti hair. Imagine that look in the size of PF. Perhaps that is why Sideshow is trying something different. They might have even tried fully scuplting her hair and it didn't come out right.

Of course you disagree....it's done by SS. I am sorry, but that looks flat out bad. It would look good either all rooted or all sculpted, but it looks poor half and half.

No, I disagree cause I don't think it looks bad. Has nothing to do with SS can you please get that through your head. :rolleyes:

No, I disagree cause I don't think it looks bad. Has nothing to do with SS can you please get that through your head. :rolleyes:

I am going to have to go with no on that one. :lol

I am not faulting you for it. It's just a fact that you hardly ever see a problem with any of their products. You didn't earn the name Super Fan for nothing. You just like their stuff. It's ok. It just came as zero surprise that you disagreed that it looked poor.

I am going to have to go with no on that one. :lol

I am not faulting you for it. It's just a fact that you hardly ever see a problem with any of their products. You didn't earn the name Super Fan for nothing. You just like their stuff. It's ok. It just came as zero surprise that you disagreed that it looked poor.

Yeah, I do like a lot of their stuff. That doesn't mean there aren't products I don't like or think have issues. If people actually took the time to read or remember thing things I've said against them as much as I've said for them people would see I'm actually fairly balanced. The nickname SuperFan came from many things not just liking their product. :lol

Yeah, I do like a lot of their stuff. That doesn't mean there aren't products I don't like or think have issues. If people actually took the time to read or remember thing things I've said against them as much as I've said for them people would see I'm actually fairly balanced. The nickname SuperFan came from many things not just liking their product. :lol

Excuse us for not remembering all 28,000 of your posts :rolleyes:

Mixed media is a great idea. Mixed media hair, is a bad idea. To have real hair coming from under polystone hair looks silly. I am really hoping this is the next LSB because I'll be passing on any product that sideshow releases with hair like that.

And stop being a hypocrite Josh. You have to attack everyone for voicing their opinions when it's negative even though it's THEIR opinion.

Conjecture on my part:

1) The picture is obviously and conclusively a mistake - the segment of the podcast was about in-stock Lord of the Rings merchandise. A polystone statue of Galadriel was specifically mentioned.

:lol:rotfl

Sure, a mistake... like it was a "mistake" to get a vid out on Youtube about zombies attacking the warehouse. C'mon, Sideshow is known for "accidentally" leaving tips here and there about future things. I'm sure that if it was a genuine mistake by one of the employees, someone caught it before it went on the web. In the meantime, they enjoy watching us discuss the possibilities. :D

Excuse us for not remembering all 28,000 of your posts :rolleyes:

I didn't mean in the literal sense genious. I simply meant that people need to really pull their heads out and realize I don't like everything SS does. Sometimes I mention it sometimes I don't. :rolleyes:

And stop being a hypocrite Josh. You have to attack everyone for voicing their opinions when it's negative even though it's THEIR opinion.

I attack everyone? Are you really that out of it? I mean seriously! When people like you say stuff that dumb it just makes me laugh. I didn't attack Kit? I was simply having a back and forth with him and now you come in trying to cover you him when he doesn't need it. Honestly, I'm not even sure where the heck this attack is coming from and don't give me that BS that you're giving me a hard time.

Oh man, this isn't gonna be another "let's see who's right, Josh or the rest?"-threads, is it? Let's continue on topic please!! :monkey2

Btw, this isn't directed to Josh only, just think it's a useless discussion, is all.

Back