New Galadriel in podcast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galadriel LSB?

Her hair does look pretty complex to capture in polystone?:confused:

galadriel.jpg

ca_cblan.jpg

galadrielhi8.jpg

Lets see clearly what the problem is...

Clearly... the eyes is the problem..

You're right, it looks to be the eyes.

From my perspective, this still could be a 12". What makes most of you so sure it's a PF, other than the year-old announcement one was in the making? One doesn't exclude the other, does it?

Unless Sideshow has come up with a new body, there's no way this is a 12".
Just look at the neck and chest: no visible joints and the paint matches the head (which is virtually never the case in the 12" line).

i think everyone should reserve judgment until you see more pics rather than judge from this one picture, just my opinion. :eek:

ca_cblan.jpg

galadrielhi8.jpg

Lets see clearly what the problem is...

Clearly... the eyes is the problem..

it's not the eyes, IMO. She has a very muscle like face (sorry, don't know what to call it). I presume it's hard for the sculpter to capture all the curves and muscles on Blanchett's face. The sculpt dosen't look like her, but you have to give him credit for trying.

Also, other problems...red lipstick, and the LSB is waaay too tan.

I have the near perfect weta peice, so no need for this one.

Whoever it is, too much like a doll for my tastes. The final pics are going to have to be spectacular to change my mind if they keep the real doll hair in production release.

Whoever it is, too much like a doll for my tastes. The final pics are going to have to be spectacular to change my mind if they keep the real doll hair in production release.

My feeling exactly. And I don't care how spectacular this Claire Danes as Galadriel PF turns out...if it's got doll hair, I won't be buying it :yuck

Sure it's all subjective, but I really don't understand that adversion to accurate materials in creating a PF. It's mixed media designed to simulate a person in a costume. We've seen with the sculpted hair and beard on Gandalf that sculpting doesn't necessarily work out. I just want it to be composed of materials that best create the illusion of reality - I think with Gal's hair, the only way to do that is with real hair.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this piece.

Fortunately the Eagle diorama seems to have hogged the spotlight now, so the Sideshow team can go back to their original plans for unveiling this Galadriel. And give us more insight into just what it is they've accomplished over -- it must be -- 18 months or more of R&D.

Here's hoping for a Toy Fair reveal. :)

Back