New Galadriel in podcast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galadriel LSB?

I've got the perfect solution in regards to the difficulty in making a Galadriel PF with fully sculpted hair...

...don't make one. How about instead of a Galadriel PF in which the long hair is difficult to sculpt you do a cool character like say a Gondorian Guard or an Elven Warrior, etc? :monkey3

I'm cautiously optimistic about this piece.

Fortunately the Eagle diorama seems to have hogged the spotlight now, so the Sideshow team can go back to their original plans for unveiling this Galadriel. And give us more insight into just what it is they've accomplished over -- it must be -- 18 months or more of R&D.

Here's hoping for a Toy Fair reveal. :)
That's what I'm thinking too, Vlad. Rather than considering this reveal to have been an accident, I can't help but wonder if it wasn't a bit of viral marketing, allowing collectors to catch the apparent goof and spread the news, and thus build up more anticipation for Toy Fair. The timing seems too coincidental.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. C'mon, Sideshow, give us some more "accidental" early viral previews of the upcoming products!

I've got the perfect solution in regards to the difficulty in making a Galadriel PF with fully sculpted hair...

...don't make one. How about instead of a Galadriel PF in which the long hair is difficult to sculpt you do a cool character like say a Gondorian Guard or an Elven Warrior, etc? :monkey3

I would prefer an orc or maby gimli... Not Galadriel...

But it could become a very nice piece.

Nope. I can say with absolute certainty that I'd pass on either of those. I've already decided that I'm not going to spend that kind of money on secondary and/or generic characters. Only the main people for me. I will definitely consider Galadriel, but a member of the Fellowship would be ideal.

Nope. I can say with absolute certainty that I'd pass on either of those. I've already decided that I'm not going to spend that kind of money on secondary and/or generic characters. Only the main people for me. I will definitely consider Galadriel, but a member of the Fellowship would be ideal.

Fair enough, I don't really now if anyone other than die hards would buy the two characters I suggested. The point I was trying to make is I just don't think that Galadriel is cool enough of a character and not really a main enough character either. Which to me doesn't equate to a good seller. Personally I love PF and am going to buy whatever is produced assuming is not terrible. So far the 'coolest' character has been Lurtz and it seems that's been the best seller I think.

Sure it's all subjective, but I really don't understand that adversion to accurate materials in creating a PF. It's mixed media designed to simulate a person in a costume. We've seen with the sculpted hair and beard on Gandalf that sculpting doesn't necessarily work out. I just want it to be composed of materials that best create the illusion of reality - I think with Gal's hair, the only way to do that is with real hair.

I completely agree. Besides, There is a big difference between a character figure and a doll. Doll's have interchangeable clothing and rooted hair made for styling and play. Besides, if you were to pass up on a beautifully made character just because you're afraid it looks like a doll that just means you're lame.

Bradlee, you just made my heart skip a beat -- I thought for a moment that Sideshow really produced a Michelle Trachtenberg toy.

Whereas... they haven't. :confused:

*ehem*

Dave, if that was you -- thanks for finally changing this thread's title! :rock

You guys are crazy, The likeness is very good.I dont see Claire Danes at all..I definitely see Cate Blanchet in there.You guys should wait for production pics.

You guys are crazy, The likeness is very good.I dont see Claire Danes at all..I definitely see Cate Blanchet in there.You guys should wait for production pics.

:clap

The more I look at it, the more it think it will be a winner when we see better, more complete pics.

galadriel_pcast.jpg

it looks alright to me. dont know if i would buy it. the charater didnt really thrill me. kinda boring. rather have an arwen in some shape or form.

If I had a choice I would say either Arwin or Eowyn.

oh, and in my wildest dreams we would get a Dawn Summers/Michelle Trachtenberg.

Stig, that's not the GG Elrond bust -- let the Elf Witch wear her MaxFactor Terrible Power 3 lipstick.

Oh, and Trachtenberg is several MAGNITUDES more beautiful than just about any other young actress this side of Eva Green. I'm thoroughly baffled as to why she never exploded into fame...

I think Galadriel looks great - "real" hair and all. The sculpt catches the likeness in my opinion. I didn't log on and think "Why is Sideshow making My So Called Life figures? I thought wow, there's Galadriel - cool.

I won't be getting it because it looks like a PF, and Aragorn will probably be the only PF I can afford right now, so that's that. But it is still a great looking PF and I think the hair solution works really well for long hair characters - especially female characters.

You know, given the complexity of this sculpt . . .Sideshow may have made some difficult choices in making this PF. Half poly and half doll hair . . ..

The redeeming feature in this that can make me overlook the half-half hair, is to see her with her hood up. If her hood up hides her poly hair, and shows her crown ever so slightly . . .we may have a winner in this. Thing is, I'll definitely wait for the production pics to come out, because matching the poly hair to the doll hair will be the ultimate challenge. I believe this is the first time they've done a combo hair this way on a PF. It would've been easier if it was Arwen's black hair (did she have black hair???).

It's not just the eyes, but the chin/jaw. Too much of a curve.

...The redeeming feature in this that can make me overlook the half-half hair, is to see her with her hood up. If her hood up hides her poly hair, and shows her crown ever so slightly . . .we may have a winner in this...

Agreed, that's what I'm hoping for if this is indeed a sneak peek at a Galadriel PF.

Back