New Galadriel in podcast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galadriel LSB?

Whichever it is, it's an easy pass for me. I've not been excited about any of the PF's since Lurtz. My money will be going towards the Fell Beast/Eagle diorma (my first dio!) instead, along with the LS Balrog.

If they would just do Theoden, or Eomer, a Fountain Guard or a Prologue Elf I'd be back in the PF game. It's the armor I want.

If it is a mistake and that was supposed to be the SS/W Galadriel (which seems the most likely) then this pic is probably an early image. Could be that it's a prototype and what we'll eventually, officially, see will be quite different.

Dave you're speaking in riddles.....have you seen the Galadriel LSB or PF and know it'll look better or are you just speaking out of pure faith in SSC as a company?

that will be a mistake if its a PF. My guess is they're testing the waters.

If it is a mistake and that was supposed to be the SS/W Galadriel (which seems the most likely) then this pic is probably an early image. Could be that it's a prototype and what we'll eventually, officially, see will be quite different.

Just one question : Is it happy hour in your part of the country?

I don't think it's an early image, for two reasons.

First, the piece has been in production for well over a year -- Dusty said during the last year's ToyFair chat that they had a "boy and a girl" PF in production for a while, and that they were going back and forth with the licensing company.

Also, this image is professionally shot. And since it was readily at hand for the podcast producer, it was probably meant to be revealed during this year's ToyFair.

As for the fake/real hair -- as long as they get the sculpting and the coloring right (which it isn't here -- and it should be remembered that Tolkien said Galadriel's hair is half silver and half gold, not that anyone in New Line would know that), the two media won't clash visibly.

I don't think it's an early image, for two reasons.

First, the piece has been in production for well over a year -- Dusty said during the last year's ToyFair chat that they had a "boy and a girl" PF in production for a while, and that they were going back and forth with the licensing company.

Also, this image is professionally shot. And since it was readily at hand for the podcast producer, it was probably meant to be revealed during this year's ToyFair.

As for the fake/real hair -- as long as they get the sculpting and the coloring right (which it isn't here -- and it should be remembered that Tolkien said Galadriel's hair is half silver and half gold, not that anyone in New Line would know that), the two media won't clash visibly.

And according to Tolkien, GTG wore a blue hat with a silver scarf. I don't care what color Galadriel's hair color is, or is supposed to be....IMO polystone and doll hair don't mix. Thankfully they haven't used this half and half technique on any other PF's, and hopefully they won't use it again.

How would you know if it mixes or not if you haven't seen it yet?

Woodsy, come on. You of all people should know what "the benefit of the doubt" is. You like the Witch-King LSB. :D

Oh, and the hat Gandalf wears in LOTR is blue. He just doesn't have his Hobbit scarf. ;)

How would you know if it mixes or not if you haven't seen it yet?

Woodsy, come on. You of all people should know what "the benefit of the doubt" is. You like the Witch-King LSB. :D
Oh, and the hat Gandalf wears in LOTR is blue. He just doesn't have his Hobbit scarf. ;)

Ouch...that hurts :D

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what the hell Dave's talking about :confused:
Oops...I hope I haven't offended some of the overly sensitive types here with my unpolitically correct statement :naughty

Conjecture on my part:

1) The picture is obviously and conclusively a mistake - the segment of the podcast was about in-stock Lord of the Rings merchandise. A polystone statue of Galadriel was specifically mentioned.

2) Just because it's a professionally shot picture doesn't mean it was supposed to go in the podcast at that time and doesn't mean it's a final product.

3) Is a Galadriel PF in the works? Almost definitely.

4) Will she be debuted any time soon? Not likely.

Good points. Still, a 'prototype Weta Galadriel' can be ruled out I think.

I would find it doubtful that Weta toyed with using rooted hair at any stage, and equally implausible that it'd been mocked up with an elaborate cloth costume.

Yeah, I don't know where the idea that it's a prototype Weta Galadriel came from, if anyone got the impression that was what I was saying -- sorry.

Well thanks for deleting our posts Dave.

But it still doesn't explain the mixed media hair. I wonder if this was thrown in there as a teaser to see if anyone would catch it?

I think it looks good, but I do stand somewhat skeptical of the mixed hair method.

I might pass on this. :confused:

Back