New G.I. JOE Animated Series In The Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
From The Terror Drome:

New G.I. Joe Cartoon In The Works

The boys over at moonbase2 have posted a nice podcast featuring an interview with Michale Bell, the voice of Duke from the original G.I. Joe cartoon series. In the interview, we learn that Bell is auditioning for the role of General Hawk in a new 26 episode G.I. Joe cartoon. No other information is known as of right now in regards to a release date, other cast or character info, or a story line. It can only be speculated that it will probably tie in with Rise of Cobra in some way, or possibly coincide with the release of the Pursuit of Cobra line. Until we here official word, anything is possible.

https://www.theterrordrome.com/2009/12/new-g-i-joe-cartoon-in-the-works/

I would not expect much. Doubtful this will be Resolute-like. More likely some crap used exclusively to entice the kids (to buying newer toys)--like the new Transformers cartoon from last year.

Please let it be a Resolute series. I know initially Hasbro said no, but everybody involved was more than willing to come back and the DVD sales were good enough to warrant it.

Last edited:
Please let it be a Resolute series. I know initially Hasbro said no, but everybody involved was more than willing to come back and the DVD sales were good enough to warrant it.
--

Hasblow . . . ER . . .Hasbro in their infinite business idiocy . . . ER . . . wisdom . . . will say no.

How many times can GI JOE be re-imagined, re-envisioned, or retconned before someone says enough is enough!

They've already previewed the new opening intro:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MQuQCeS8m2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MQuQCeS8m2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Got to get tough, YO JOE!"

They've already previewed the new opening intro:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MQuQCeS8m2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MQuQCeS8m2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Got to get tough, YO JOE!"

Even that is better than Rise of Cobra.

I would not expect much. Doubtful this will be Resolute-like. More likely some crap used exclusively to entice the kids (to buying newer toys)--like the new Transformers cartoon from last year.

Maybe, but bear in mind Sigma Six was pretty much (from what I could tell anyway) a complete failure. They might want to try a more mature tone, like the recent TMNT shows, Batman, Ben 10, etc, as those seem to be more successful, not to mention adults can get into them too.

Well, adults like us anyway! ;)

Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-tto!

I love all the Cobra troops running Scooby Do-style away from Timber while the three Joes share He-man group laugh. :duh

Getting back on the topic though I already have to wonder about this new show if Michael Bell is really "auditioning" for it. He's the literal voice of "Yo Joe," If he wants to play Duke or Hawk let him, no questions asked!

I love all the Cobra troops running Scooby Do-style away from Timber while the three Joes share He-man group laugh. :duh

Getting back on the topic though I already have to wonder about this new show if Michael Bell is really "auditioning" for it. He's the literal voice of "Yo Joe," If he wants to play Duke or Hawk let him, no questions asked!

My worry would be similar to yours, why he isn't a shoe-in. :dunno

Who knows guys, for all we know the guy's a chain smoker and has the voice of a chainsaw nowadays.

I hope he doesn't though, it would be cool to hear him in the new cartoon.

He's in the first Star Trek TNG episode Encounter At Farpoint.

Who knows guys, for all we know the guy's a chain smoker and has the voice of a chainsaw nowadays.

I hope he doesn't though, it would be cool to hear him in the new cartoon.

Exactly...need to make sure his voice still holds up. Frank Welker auditioned for Megatron in the new Transformers movies, and his voice hadn't aged as well.

Welker did get to voice Soundwave, but it was kinda sad that the first thing that popped in my head after hearing him was "Dr. Claw???"

Count on this being a movie-based cartoon. Hopefully though it will do what both the actual movie and Resolute(*) failed to do and make it GOOD.

*: I enjoyed Resolute, but it had just had too many elements I hated. Joes surviving impossible situations (and NOT in the good way), butchered Cobra characterizations, godmode Snake Eyes, weak plot, Cobra way too easily beaten...RoC was one extreme, and Resolute was the other. I really loved CC, the designs and the plot device though, and the basic plot could have made for a kickass live action movie. Better than ????ing nanobots...

Welker did get to voice Soundwave, but it was kinda sad that the first thing that popped in my head after hearing him was "Dr. Claw???"

To be fair, that was Bay's fault, not Welker. Soundwave has always basically been a Dr. Claw voice with the effects applied. I'll never get what Bay was thinking by not applying the effect in the final movie, because it DID show up in the Digital Domain demo-reel, and it sounded GREAT. Not the same as G1, but very creepy and metallic, very creepy.

Back