New figure project- "Nexus Runner" -[Rep-Detect Deckard]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The blonde Caucasian female TrueType is probably good for a base body for Rachael.

Hey gang-
Sad day- I just found out that my artblog that I've had for the last 3 yrs has been deleted:horror. I guess blogger.com deemed it as "Spam"; I didn't realize it is against their rules to use a blog as a business site. Guess I should have read the fine print:slap Anyway I just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you go there and find nothing, don't be alarmed, I haven't gone anywhere. I guess this means that that website I've been meaning to get together is just gonna have to happen a lot sooner than later now.

Update on the Rep-Detect figures etc:
Though they are slightly behind schedule (sorry) they are moving forward and nearly done. The tailor quoted me a shipping date (to me) of around 3.9.12. So I would expect to get them out soon after that!

Thanks- S.

I know it's pretty unpopular, but the Triad Eva is quite beautiful in its proportions. Unfortunately it's got a lot of QC problems.
All other bodies are pretty much ridiculously proportioned...
And HT hasn't released their newer bodies as carded sets.

The blonde Caucasian female TrueType is probably good for a base body for Rachael.

Yeah, the HT caucasian was my first choice but unfortunately they are nowhere to be found these days.
How about the new Triad Alpha or the new Small Breast Phicen tan?

Thanks for the update Scott. :) Sorry to hear about the blog. What you might be able to do is have an RSS feed (from a blogging site) feed into a portion of your website, so that way you can keep the business end of things strictly on your site and the blog stuff can be archived with the blog site. Just a thought.

On a separate note, I had a few questions about the resin kit.

Are the amber grips separate pieces from the rest of the blaster? If so, what's the best method to attach them? What kind of adhesive would you use?

Also, the foot pegs for the shoes. Are they Rainman style, like you have to remove that piece from a TT foot and fit it in the cylindrical hole, or can you put a whole TT foot into the shoe?

Hey gang-
Yeah, the HT caucasian was my first choice but unfortunately they are nowhere to be found these days.
How about the new Triad Alpha or the new Small Breast Phicen tan?

The alpha seems to be next best bet, its more affordable than the Phicen and many folks still have reservations about rubber bodies.

You could always hold off on a female figure until a new high quality female body is introduced to the market, probably HT within the next few months.

Thanks for the update on the Deckard gear Scott. No worries, I can wait until March for this masterpiece! :hi5:

Sorry to hear about your site...Looking forward to seeing what you do with the revamped version! :yess:

Thanks for the update Scott. :) Sorry to hear about the blog. What you might be able to do is have an RSS feed (from a blogging site) feed into a portion of your website, so that way you can keep the business end of things strictly on your site and the blog stuff can be archived with the blog site. Just a thought.

On a separate note, I had a few questions about the resin kit.

Are the amber grips separate pieces from the rest of the blaster? If so, what's the best method to attach them? What kind of adhesive would you use?

Also, the foot pegs for the shoes. Are they Rainman style, like you have to remove that piece from a TT foot and fit it in the cylindrical hole, or can you put a whole TT foot into the shoe?

Thanks for the advice on the website issue. I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I get what you're saying and it sounds like a good idea.

In regards to the kit questions:

The grips can be affixed with a couple small drops of super glue. There is also model glue for clear plastics (that doesn't fog the clarity) that might work well; but not required.

Yes, the foot pegs are the same as what Rainman does.
Remove the foot from the ankle cup and glue the ankle cup into the shoe.

The alpha seems to be next best bet, its more affordable than the Phicen and many folks still have reservations about rubber bodies.

You could always hold off on a female figure until a new high quality female body is introduced to the market, probably HT within the next few months.

That is true. Problem with the Alpha is if you want the option of different hand poses you'd have to buy the extra hand set separately. That would make them nearly as pricey as the Phicen bodies. I'll have to think on it some more and weigh it out; though I'm leaning toward the Alpha at the moment.
That would be great if HT released a new female base body. It's been a long time since there last ones. I wonder how likely it would be?

Thanks for the update on the Deckard gear Scott. No worries, I can wait until March for this masterpiece! :hi5:

Sorry to hear about your site...Looking forward to seeing what you do with the revamped version! :yess:

Thanks man.:1-1:

Just catching up here.... so Rachel is proceeding? :clap

I also find the Eva to be a terrific body with free-standing problems (kinky girl likes to arch her back way too much). Anyway, Rachel is mostly covered up if Scott's doing the fur coat so any reasonable body will do. I'd be more concerned with height to Deckard.

Really looking forward to seeing how Deckard turns out. I like living vicariously through the pics in the Customs forum. I like to print out people's pictures and stick them in my Detolf. . . it's almost like the real thing, hahaha.

Concerning the topic at hand, for my money, I'd go with the Alpha. The best female customs I've seen use the Alpha, specifically elvis1976. He's doing amazing stuff, and the Alpha always works best.

Phew- my blog is back from the grave.
Seems the PayPal links were confusing Blogger.com's automated spam finder system and it was mistaken as a "spam blog".
I'm happy it's not lost but I think I'll still put together a new website soon to avoid mindless spam hunting bots.

Hows the casting and the painting going?

It's all coming together.:wink1:

Any decision made on selling resin parts yet??

Cheers!
-r.

After I finish with the painting and shipping etc, I'll cast some resin kits up.

Just catching up here.... so Rachel is proceeding? :clap

I also find the Eva to be a terrific body with free-standing problems (kinky girl likes to arch her back way too much). Anyway, Rachel is mostly covered up if Scott's doing the fur coat so any reasonable body will do. I'd be more concerned with height to Deckard.

Molding her today :wink1:

Really looking forward to seeing how Deckard turns out. I like living vicariously through the pics in the Customs forum. I like to print out people's pictures and stick them in my Detolf. . . it's almost like the real thing, hahaha.

Concerning the topic at hand, for my money, I'd go with the Alpha. The best female customs I've seen use the Alpha, specifically elvis1976. He's doing amazing stuff, and the Alpha always works best.

:lol classic!
Cool I'll keep that in mind and I agree elvis1976 does amazing work.

any updates mate?

I'm still patiently waiting for the clothing from the tailor. Seems they are very busy at the moment and as you can probably imagine this outfit is quite complicated to make properly. I know they are doing their best to balance everything and I apologize for the delay. The good news is that the improvements being made from the original sample are looking incredible. ie: shirt color, shirt collar design- narrowed, trench coat collar- now fine wale corduroy, plus the trench now has working breast pockets for that little extra detail.
I hope to have more info soon-
Thanks for the patience.

Back