New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

theres a boxset containing all the doctors coming out? wish i knew that before i started buying them seperately lol

theres a boxset containing all the doctors coming out? wish i knew that before i started buying them seperately lol

Yeah, it's supposed to be out in August and will cost £50.

Rumored variants include,

2nd Doctor with hat
4th Doctor from "The Seeds of Doom"
5th Doctor with hat

A green cloaked 3rd Doctor also surfaced on ebay a short time ago and was quickly removed so it would seem that could be the one from the box set.

I read somewhere that it has been announced that the 11th Doctors TARDIS console is going to be released sometime this Fall as well.

I read somewhere that it has been announced that the 11th Doctors TARDIS console is going to be released sometime this Fall as well.

I wish they'd release a classic Tardis console like the one Dapol made.

Me too... though I would prefer a Tom Baker era console (Season 16 would be A+) rather than the 20th anniversary model with all the buttons and keyboards.

That too. I love the Hinchcliffe era auxillary control room even though the console itself was just a small wooden cabinent.

I saw on some site where someone had crafted their own secondary console room. It looked excellent. I think I may have saved it to my hard drive somewhere.

There's an ebay seller in Scotland who made a custom Tardis console room playset. It looks fantastic.

Me too... though I would prefer a Tom Baker era console (Season 16 would be A+) rather than the 20th anniversary model with all the buttons and keyboards.

:goodpost:

Anything from Tom's era is the most likely to sell in great enough quantities so if CO ever decide to make a Classic TARDIS console then the choice is a no brainer.

If 11's console gets released it'll be intresting to see whether it's just the console or the whole room because the last one shelf warmed for months before finally being clearanced.

And now that one is selling for several hundred on ebay.

And now that one is selling for several hundred on ebay.

:yess:

I have one ( minus the packaging ) sat in a box doing nothing so if I can get a bit of cash for it that would help pay for future Classic Exclusives.

i been trying to get hold of a 9-10 tardis, i was hoping to grab one from a toy store in my town but failed misrebly! i ordered the time crash 11th from FP because i figured that would be the best way to get one but nooo toys r us has and entire aisle with just the time crash set! 100+ of the same figure, and two classic who monsters. a teacher in work has the 9-10, i think it might have to dematerialse from his desk.

So in anticipation of the 4th Doctor/TARDIS set I've been doing some research and it would seem that although CO are releasing it as the Brachacki version from the 'Planet of Evil'. It is in fact more like the later Barry Newbery version of the prop. The only difference is the sign on the door - black on the toy, blue on the prop.

Here is my plea to customisers - Does good artwork exist for the Baker TARDIS door sign that can be printed as a replacement?

This is the version I'm talking about...Drastically different lettering/style etc. than on the toy...

4th_Tardis.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.....!

Here's a couple of pics of my current setup,

collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

Picture quality isn't the best as I'm still figuring out the settings on the other camera I've had to use.

And before anyone mentions it, I KNOW my walls need decorating, I'll get round to it eventually :)

Looks awesome Brendan. :rock

Thanks Marc, as the line seems to be continuing for at least 3 more years something tells me I'm going to be moving those Transformers and wrestling figures on the other wall before long :)

That looks cool Brendan. Are they free standing, some of mine won't stay standing like Pat he is always taking naps.

That looks cool Brendan. Are they free standing, some of mine won't stay standing like Pat he is always taking naps.

Thanks Jay, they are all free standing and the only ones that tend to be problematic are the Daleks as they sometimes roll off which tends to make me jump if I happen to be asleep at the time :lol

Since I took that pic earlier today my collection has increased slightly as I was able to pick up another Ice Warrior at my local supermarket :)

No more "Earthshock" Cybermen though :gah:

sweet collection, i think it could be improved with a Tennant though lmao :lol hoping to receive my McCoy and Tardis soon.

I knew it -
The Baker figure does not fit standing on the step...:slap

Don't know which way to go with this - do you customise the details to make the TARDIS the Brackachi prop by enlarging the sign/altering the lamp or do you go the Newbery route and repaint adding sign??

As the Baker one is simply the a cut-down version of what was apparently sculpted as the Newbery that should make the choice clear - however the most accurate model lies between both new releases - the McCoy sloped roof with the steps cut out and then repainted would make the most accurate Newbery...But isn't life too short...?

Just trying to get the ultimate here...

Back