New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Mine fits in the doorway just fine. :dunno

I think this is closer in looks to the Newbery so that may be the easier route to go.

sweet collection, i think it could be improved with a Tennant though lmao :lol hoping to receive my McCoy and Tardis soon.

My remaining figure of 10 is at the bottom of a box where he was thrown by my other figures. For some reason he also has a sign on his back saying "Exterminate Me!" :lol

martin-el,
Pix is right, the 4th Doctor figure does fit standing on the step, I just chose to leave mine in that pose.

As far as the individual differences in the real TARDIS props compared to the toys go I'll be honest......I haven't a bloody clue :)

Until the Classic ones were announced I never noticed any differences between the eras, I just saw a blue box with a flashing light and that was that.

Im trying to get hold of a 9-10 TARDIS, i have seen some ridiculous prices, a staff member has one in his class im hoping to trade him a cheaper one so i can save some moneys. i preordered the Ironside dalek, although i dislike daleks this one looks pretty special in detail.

If you want to talk about ridiculous prices, I've been following some eBay auctions on the 12" figures. A MIB Suited Tennant Ten just sold for $255. :horror
(Meanwhile, an auction for the same figure complete, but loose in the UK ended at GPB 26.00 which seems a lot more reasonable.) On the other hand though, looking again at the USA auction, I think I can see why it went for $255. According to the seller the figure dates from 2004! Hmmm, what is wrong with that picture? :slap

I just got original flight control TARDIS (i.e. 9-10 version) from https://www.drwhomerch.com for about $35. I'm in the USA and I also got the 7th Doctor TARDIS set at the same time so the shipping was free, but I just wanted to put it out there as an option since it's the only place I've seen the flight control TARDIS at anything like a reasonable price recently.

Thanks for the info but using my jedi mind trick i managed to convince my good staff member to just give it to me, at the reasonable price of £0.00 :yess:

i think il hold off buying anything else untill the end of the month when i get some more moneys paid in, collecting is both adictive and expensive!

If you want to talk about ridiculous prices, I've been following some eBay auctions on the 12" figures. A MIB Suited Tennant Ten just sold for $255. :horror
(Meanwhile, an auction for the same figure complete, but loose in the UK ended at GPB 26.00 which seems a lot more reasonable.) On the other hand though, looking again at the USA auction, I think I can see why it went for $255. According to the seller the figure dates from 2004! Hmmm, what is wrong with that picture? :slap

Proof that some ( not all ) Tennant fans are utterly brain dead.....maybe we should start a charity to raise money for their rehabilitation?

"For just a couple of pounds/dollars a month you can help bring these poor, poor people back into reality.

Our therapy program consists of around the clock viewing of 1970's Doctor Who, electric shock treatment and the occasional beating with a big stick.

Our tests show that this will cleanse the mind of even the most biased of fan and they should be able to return to society in a couple of years."

Intresting that the 12" figures are going for so much as I have several of them stuck in a box under my bed that I could use to pay for future Classic Exclusives.

I don't think it is all the 12" figures. As far as I can tell, you basically can't give Martha or the Judoon guy away. They both can be had for less than $20. Or God know, the Dalek Sec figure which in and of itself sucks, but the suit is one of the best out there and pretty much worth the price of the figure even if you throw the body away.

I think it is really just this one that, MIB at least, was difficult to find even toward the end of Tennant's run. I wonder though if this wasn't a case of auction fever when people lose their minds bidding amounts they wouldn't pay if it was the item's listed price on something they could get for a hell of a lot cheaper if they just took a deep breath and walked away from the bidding.

The 11 Doctor set is up for pre-order!,

https://forbiddenplanet.com/60549-doctor-who-action-figure-set-the-11-doctors/

My thoughts,

Extras of Bill & Pat will come in handy and they're different enough from their original releases to make them worthy additions to my collection.

The green attired Pertwee is the one that showed up on ebay albeit briefly a few weeks back. Nice that we're getting another one with the cloak.

"Seeds of Doom" Tom = :rock
( Possible new headsculpt!!! )

I'm a bit pissed off that Davison doesn't have a hat though he DOES have the celery which is great news for those that missed out on the "Time Crash" set. He also has what appears to be a cricket ball accessory in his left hand :)

Colin's tie and waistcoat are from "Trial of a Time Lord".

Like the grumpy faced McCoy.

McGann looks excellent.

Anyone wanting the figures of 9, # & 11 from my set send me a PM and we can work something out because I have no need for them.

Last edited:

I was hoping that they would introduce a Winston Churchill figure in a sort of special four figure pack including the Ironside dalek, the Dr and Amy. I can't seeing that being disrespectful as it would teach millions of kids who buy this pack(if it was made) who Churchill actually was. I can't see his descendants objecting at all!

Maybe some enterprising sculptor here could make a Churchill?

I was hoping that they would introduce a Winston Churchill figure in a sort of special four figure pack including the Ironside dalek, the Dr and Amy. I can't seeing that being disrespectful as it would teach millions of kids who buy this pack(if it was made) who Churchill actually was. I can't see his descendants objecting at all!

Maybe some enterprising sculptor here could make a Churchill?

I'd buy Winston Churchill like a shot especially if he had a voice chip that said "KBO Doctor!" :)

I freaking LOVE The 11 Doctors set - just a bit annoyed that 10 is a garbage sculpt. Happy to finally be able to get my 8th Doctor tho!

I freaking LOVE The 11 Doctors set - just a bit annoyed that 10 is a garbage sculpt. Happy to finally be able to get my 8th Doctor tho!

It is a great box set but I am sick to death of David Tennant and his action figure! His departure from the series took one long year! :impatient:

- J :)

It is a great box set but I am sick to death of David Tennant and his action figure! His departure from the series took one long year! :impatient:

Despite your feelings on him, it's the simple fact that all the figures have good articulation and sculpts EXCEPT for him. The entire figure is garbage. And if he's in the brown suit it will probably still be gray. I'd rather him be left out of the set than repack garbage with such good figures.

Check it kids - CO/UT finds a new way to rape customers.

tardis1.png

For some of us it seemed like MUCH longer than that :)

CO were never going to waste money on a new body mold for 10 this late in the game so I think his fans should just be thankful there were so many different versions of him to begin with.

Hartnell's TARDIS = :)

i do wish the Tennant figure was given at keast the arm articulation like all the others, for the amount of figures they made of him they sure did cheap out a lot! i was happy with the new scult for the end of time version but it has the series 2 body! its cool i managed to get the set pre-ordered and i owe my brother a 10 and 11 figure.

CO were never going to waste money on a new body mold for 10 this late in the game so I think his fans should just be thankful there were so many different versions of him to begin with.

We had a family barbecue last year and while nobody was looking I threw in the Tennant action figure during the the heating of the charcoal.

I never enjoyed a meal so much after that! :clap

- J

Last edited:
Back