New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely! :duff I'm going to need to grab Toht at some point and maybe see about tracking down the Hasbro Cairo Swordsman.

Also I did find the Map Room Indy thread, lots of good stuff of in there!
icon14.gif

Definitely! :duff I'm going to need to grab Toht at some point and maybe see about tracking down the Hasbro Cairo Swordsman.

Also I did find the Map Room Indy thread, lots of good stuff of in there!
icon14.gif

Might do a custom Swordsman after Sallah.... I think the main thing there would be finding a new sword.... The head is honestly pretty good.

Gonna swing by Michaels after work. Get some paint for the sash, some string and potentially some of the craft sticks for the torch but I might just go with bamboo skewers. Hmmmm.

Also one more thing. Does anyone remember or know what size dowel they used for their shovel? I have the same one most are using. I don't want to stop home first if I don't have to bring it along.

Not bad... Found a Cairo swordsman for 10 bucks shipped on eBay just now. :rock

Nice!:rock How bad off is the sword scale do you know?

Hmm, looking at these

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99667814@N00/128281537/in/photostream/#/

I might go with the bamboo skewers.

Although now I am not sure. The photo above they look like flat pieces of wood. These custom ones look round.

https://www.sarednabworldprops.com/img/altri_indiana/050.jpg

There's a screenshot of Marion earlier in the thread and the torches look like they are made of round sticks. Not sure where you'd aquire sticks in the desert though but I'm going to go with it.

There's a screenshot of Marion earlier in the thread and the torches look like they are made of round sticks. Not sure where you'd aquire sticks in the desert though but I'm going to go with it.

Yea I just saw that one. I think that is what I am doing to use as well. Seeing if I can find those crafting sticks at Michaels.

I missed grabbing him on clearance when the 12" figs were going for 5-10 bucks but if I remember right it was way too small and pretty wonky looking. We should start a new thread once we get to that project....

BTW, I'm going to harass you with some questions about your ESB Luke and Han sometime down the line.

I missed grabbing him on clearance when the 12" figs were going for 5-10 bucks but if I remember right it was way too small and pretty wonky looking. We should start a new thread once we get to that project....

Yeah I regret skipping him on clearance a couple times myself especially since I love that seen!:slap Seems like he'd be pretty easy to source parts for though if the robes don't work and the scimitar (sp?) could probably by made out of styrene.

BTW, I'm going to harass you with some questions about your ESB Luke and Han sometime down the line.

Not a problem. :duff

I have the Cairo Swordsman and he's OK. Good base.

The sculpt's not bad, a bit small. But good enough.

The sword's actually not too bad -- needs a repaint. His sword was a little oversized in the movie so it works.

The body needs to be swapped because he's short even to a Prometheus body. Then the robe will have to be extended but that's easy with a piece of black cloth. Not sure if the feet with sandals are swappable to a new body. I haven't looked to see if you can do the knee-extension on the Hasbro body. Not sure how much money I'd really want to invest on this character so extending the given body somehow might be worthwhile. A tall Buck would also work well (although the feet swap may be a problem).

The sash needs to be replaced. Easy enough again to make one that isn't crap satin.

All in all, for the 8 seconds he was on-screen, the Hasbro is a good start with minimal fixes.

Wor-Gar, do you happen have a pic or a link to him in-hand? Not to derail the Sallah train but I'd like to see the sword size.

Leonidas feet would work for him if you really wanted to put that much effort (read: cash) into it. It wouldn't be to hard to add sandals to bare buck feet either though.

For me he's like the other 5 Bounty Hunters in ESB. They have no part in story but there's just something oddly iconic about them.

I also have plans to do the Cairo Swordsman. Here's a few observations:

- Hasbro 12" figure comes wearing boots, not sandals. Its hard to tell what is actually correct from the film, but I prefer sandals. The 3 3/4" Hasbro figure has sandals, which look almost exactly like the Leonidas ones.
- I'm replacing the whole black robe with the under-robe from the Hasbro Emperor. I prefer the material and the length..

I also have plans to do the Cairo Swordsman. Here's a few observations:

- Hasbro 12" figure comes wearing boots, not sandals. Its hard to tell what is actually correct from the film, but I prefer sandals. The 3 3/4" Hasbro figure has sandals, which look almost exactly like the Leonidas ones.
- I'm replacing the whole black robe with the under-robe from the Hasbro Emperor. I prefer the material and the length..

Good observations, both! The Emp. garb may be the way to go, shame about the boots though.

Back