NEW 1:6 QUEEN ALIEN kit from Sky W.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone post pics of this thing next to a Hot Toys Power Loader? Should be very interesting!

simply amazing..... looks very nice... i want one now! :monkey5:monkey5<iframe src="https://www.squ2.com/toys/ss.php" width="0" height="0" border="0" alt=" "></iframe>:monkey5:monkey5

Id love one cept i wouldn't have a clue how to go about painting her lol
i've painted the original kit and it was pretty simple. mostly just black with blue/grey highlights.
although this thing would take way more paint and forever to dry in between layers.

Can anyone post pics of this thing next to a Hot Toys Power Loader? Should be very interesting!

Just to give some more perspective... That Super Edge Elder is pretty much exactly the size of the Hot Toys Preds, so judging by that pic, This Queen is taller than the Loader. It appears to be a perfect 1/6, and IMO is very accurate to the screen Queen (comparable to Sideshow's and far superior to the Palisades).

Id love one cept i wouldn't have a clue how to go about painting her lol

*clears throat* I do.

Even though it's not the AVP version, I'd love to have this fighting my custom Scar Pred. Heck, I would even love just having the head as a trophy for Machiko like in the books.

Just to give some more perspective... That Super Edge Elder is pretty much exactly the size of the Hot Toys Preds, so judging by that pic, This Queen is taller than the Loader. It appears to be a perfect 1/6, and IMO is very accurate to the screen Queen (comparable to Sideshow's and far superior to the Palisades).

*clears throat* I do.

Even though it's not the AVP version, I'd love to have this fighting my custom Scar Pred. Heck, I would even love just having the head as a trophy for Machiko like in the books.

the problem lies in how to get you to ship it once you've painted and fixed her up.

:D don't tempt me :D

Looks great but I shall wait for HT because I would like mine articulated.

sounds like a plan though i wouldn't go for articulation with a figure of this size. HT hasn't been very well known for good quality alien figures and a model this size and weight will just = broken joints i think. Correct me if im wrong but it is a concern

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Hot Toys Queen either...
I mean, if they didn't do the Giger alien correctly I don't even want to know what their queen would look like!
Also, I find it highly unlikely that something with that size and mass would be articulated.
I would get this kit, but it's a bit too expensive for me.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Hot Toys Queen either...
I mean, if they didn't do the Giger alien correctly I don't even want to know what their queen would look like!
Also, I find it highly unlikely that something with that size and mass would be articulated.
I would get this kit, but it's a bit too expensive for me.

Yeah I totally agree. I just bought a Hot Toys 1/6 Alien Warrior (the blue one) from Aliens from a member last week and so far two joints have broke on it. And this thing was mint in the box. I hardly even touched the bloody thing and it broke. Ridiculous! A 1/6 Queen from Hot Toys would be absolutely pathetic at this stage simply because of quality control. Now, if they approved quality control on these figures that might help. But it would still be a pass for me considering what just happened with the Warrior figure I have. Also Sky just sent my Alien Queen to me by Hong Kong Post on Monday. I should have it next week. I will take pics for you guys.

Yeah I totally agree. I just bought a Hot Toys 1/6 Alien Warrior (the blue one) from Aliens from a member last week and so far two joints have broke on it. And this thing was mint in the box. I hardly even touched the bloody thing and it broke. Ridiculous! A 1/6 Queen from Hot Toys would be absolutely pathetic at this stage simply because of quality control. Now, if they approved quality control on these figures that might help. But it would still be a pass for me considering what just happened with the Warrior figure I have. Also Sky just sent my Alien Queen to me by Hong Kong Post on Monday. I should have it next week. I will take pics for you guys.

The blue alien from the aliens series are known to have poor joints. The rest of them have all held up well as far as I know.

Very tempting indeed.

My problem is that IF I get one . . . I don't have the necessary skill (and patience) to build one myself . . . let alone paint it.

As much as we may criticize HOT TOYS . . . I wonder if they may surprise us and actually produce a worthwhile 1:6 Alien Queen in kit form?

Again . . . the resin kit is very tempting indeed.

i bet assembling an imaginary 1:6 HT queen figure without breaking it would be just as difficult as working on this kit.
i also bet it won't collapse under its own weight, or just disintegrate on the shelf like HT aliens do.

plus, it's a 100% screen-accurate replication. HT would just make an interpretation.
so, even if HT made a queen, i'd still rather have this thing.

....but it's a bit too expensive for me.

Yeah, I agree with that. It's too expensive and it's just an unpainted / unassembled kit. Since I don't the paint skills yet, if I get somebody to assemble it and paint for me, that would fetch another US$100++ I think. No thanks. Although, it's an awesome piece.

Last edited:
The blue alien from the aliens series are known to have poor joints. The rest of them have all held up well as far as I know.

Not the ones I have. Same damn story as the blue alien. They suck. They fall apart or sag. The AVP aliens I have have been repaired numerous times. Plus the brown alien from ALIENS has a broken leg and it came that way from Sideshow. You just sneeze on these things and they snap. It's absolutely ridiculous. Hot Toys should have never put this crap out for the prices they charged. And a Queen will be utterly worse. And it won't even look right after all.

Back