Neil Marshall's R-Rated HELLBOY reboot starring David Harbour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_inline_mqno8d7nYN1r6xosf_zps2b7be995.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im happy for you :lol :hi5:

I'm glad for project A was afraid they lose there sense of being after the resident evil movies were finished

Picked this up from the framer yesterday. SDCC exclusive poster signed by David Harbour, Neil Marshall, and Mike Mignola. It measures 47"x34" (massive and heavy!). This picture doesn't do this piece justice. Simply AMAZING!

Oh Hollywood, will you never learn? Ed Skrein is a ****ing terrible choice. About as far away from a Japanese American as you can get. He's not even that good an actor, if they're happy enough to cast people without massive star power then why not throw Ian Anthony Dale a bone?

SGG-097882-Ian-Anthony-Dale-400x600.jpg

Interesting. Was it his decision or producer's? We'll know for sure when they announce the next actor.

It was his decision, apparently.

From io9: https://io9.gizmodo.com/actor-ed-skrein-is-leaving-the-hellboy-reboot-amid-accu-1798510288

"producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin, issued a statement to Deadline explaining that Skrein’s decision to leave the film was one that he made on his own.

They said:

“Ed came to us and felt very strongly about this. We fully support his unselfish decision. It was not our intent to be insensitive to issues of authenticity and ethnicity, and we will look to recast the part with an actor more consistent with the character in the source material.”

Hellboy creator Mike Mignola shared his own response over social media:

thank you @edskrein very nicely done".

^ That's just the usual damage control tho.

Yeah, it could be damage control. Seems sincere to me (Skrein's statement), but what do I know :lol?

Probably, if he really felt that strongly about it, he wouldn't have taken the role in the first place.

Yeah, but did he know that the character was Asian-American? Not sure if he knew of the character, or even of the comic beforehand. Maybe he realized after accepting the role.

Back