Need some sculpting ideas - direction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocktrooper_au

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'd like to get your ideas for 1/6 head sculpts to work on, I've worked on a few before and I can get them looking ok for a beginner, but what I lack is ideas.
If you guys could kindly suggest any heads & I'll give them a go.
Can't promise they will look any good but I'm just after ideas at this point, hopefully the skill will come later:monkey3 I will post images as I go.

thanks!

Clarence Boddicker... Robocop needs the villain who originally killed him!

155918255_371218af92.jpg

ohh thats a good one lots of character in the face.

If the ideas could have either the character or actor name & movie just like the post above FANATASTIC.
My big problem is I restrict my choices too much

Ok I have done the face does anyone have tips for photography of Sculpy, I always get distorion or blurry shots with this stuff

How about

Dwayne 'THE ROCK" Johnson

Keanu Reeves "Speed" haircut

JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME

Steven Seagal

Danny Glover to go with Predator 2

Young John CONNOR Terminator 2

Jason Statham- TRANSPORTER

JEFF BRIDGES - As appeared in Iron Man

Thankyou .
all good suggestions
Danny Glover & Jeff bridges stand out for me there
I'll finish the one above then try one of them

thanks!

Id like a Tealc or Daniel Jackson or Sam Carter from SG1

If you can get somewhere near to these (these were commisioned from Lonnie at H2) Id be all over them:

tealc.jpg
carter.jpg

Thanks Mooncat, I'm very new to this, casting is something very new to me in fact I made my first attempt at a mold a couple of days a go (have to find some resin to test it ), my aim is to one day make to order but that seems far off at the moment, I will certainly give Tealc a go & maybe Jackson a female sculpt is altogether different though, the style I'm developing suits male heads a bit more I think.

Thankyou

When I made it, it kinda looks like a human version of "Bank Robber Jokers" mask
large forehead, big ears, round nose LOL

I hope to finish & bake today (maybe to hair stage anyway), Casting is something else :monkey2

I would say if you get some works you're happy with... then either see if someone will do the castings for you (a few board members do) or see if someone can instruct you on how to do it.

That sculpt is seriously good looking so far... I think you may have a promising side business :duff

I would say if you get some works you're happy with... then either see if someone will do the castings for you (a few board members do) or see if someone can instruct you on how to do it.

That sculpt is seriously good looking so far... I think you may have a promising side business :duff

Why thankyou,
A couple of the kind custom artists are giving me some good tips & guides,
so hopefully I will be doing them soon, if not once finished I will ask one of the casters here if they would like to do it for me. :monkey3

ok started tealc today will posts pics tonight, the other head is baked & needs the excess from the head removed before sculpting..Tealc has a huge head.. gonna need more Sculpy LOL!

since you want perfect. I might need to make you wait longer.....
like 20yrs
I sculpted it in the light Sculpy so it kinda looks like a caucasian Tealc LOL!

Please forgive the image my photography is lacking but here's my WIP Tealc.
If anyone has has photography tips so I can get rid of the distortion would be much appreciated.
While it does have it's issues, I'm rather happy with some views esp the front

Last edited:
Super Sculpey is really hard to photograph... it seems to absorb too much light. One of the reasons people like the Firm is the grey color is easier to photograph.

Back