NECA ROCKY & Apollo Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get Series 1 Sean?

All I'm getting is this Rocky, it's too expensive with my tight budget to get the rest of them and Rocky's not as important to me to collect a full ine as Terminator and Rambo are, those are my big focus with NECA. There are 4 more Terminator figures I'm hunting down from NECA and it's my intent to get every Rambo figure they offer, so dropping hundreds on the Rocky figures just isn't worth it for me. If NECA makes a Rocky 2 with belt and bloody face or a Rocky 6, I'm all over it.

Understandable.Imo the BD Rocky 1 and Apollo are the ones to get,best ones BY FAR.
BD Drago is the best one in series 2 imo.

Thanks Sean for the awesome photos. Sadly I think you're right, the heads don't seem compatible. I might buy one of the JAKKS Rocky figures anyway. What's weird is I think it looks more like Stallone in your pics than it does in person. But overall this is a great line from NECA, I hope they do a BD Rocky II with belt.:pray:

Awesome shots, Sean :rock

LOL the Jakks Rocky IV looks like a primo juice monkey :lol

It feels like getting the Hot Toys Terminator upgrading from the Sideshow one, the NECA figures are just leaps ahead, forgetting just the fact that JAKKS recycled wrestling figure parts as much as possible, the JAKKS figures look and feel like a toy you're child can play with and beat the hell out of, which is the point of wrestling figures, but the NECA's are clearly a collector oriented piece made to the highest quality possible at such a price and size. The Rambo line is going to be amazing.

Absolutely, and JAKKS dared to release figures that NECA'll never touch, hell, they put out the meat, not an April Fool's joke, they really put it out I still can't believe that. They did announcers and refs, Mickey, Paulie, Adrien, even Drago's wife. For better or worse, you'll never see anyone do as complete a representation of Rocky as JAKKS, my guess is their wrestling money afforded them to take chances that NECA can't.

I got my Rocky figures from TRU.com and have to say, I'm both impressed and disappointed. I ordered non-BD Rocky IV Rocky and Drago but got the BD versions instead (which was okay because I changed my mind after seeing more pics and it was too late to change my order anyway).

Rocky III Rocky was good (could swap heads with Rocky IV Rocky) but Clubber Lang had two right gloves! I went online and sent a message to NECA to send me a left hand/glove. Anyone ever have problems with parts? I've never contacted NECA before (not even for a broken Alien (Big Chap) ankle because I fixed it myself) so I'm not too sure how's their customer service.

While they might have good prices TRU is a horrible place to get these figures from unless you want both BD and non-BD versions because NECA codes the figures the same an when TRU shipping puts the irder together yhey just go by item numbers not description, I got BD Rocky 4 twice from ten because of this and finally went on Amazon.

It's not as bad as getting the wrong $80 1/4 scale Predator. At least I can swap heads/hands/torsos. Some Jakks Pacific Rocky figures fit in nicely with the line while others don't. That's because Sly Stallone is 5' 10" while most of the other actors are over 6' (he's actually a little shorter than that because I met him back in 1994 but then again, most actors appear taller than what they really are!). I also met Dolph Lundgren that same year and he WAS about 6' 5" to 6' 6" at the time!

IMG_20130117_130049_zpsa2e9e8fa.jpg

IMG_20130117_130217_zpse11abc5c.jpg

IMG_20130117_130319_zps45230aa5.jpg

Some Jakks figures don't work well with NECA (like Brent Musberger) because their heads are too large. Some look like cartoon caricatures of the actual people while some have pretty good likenesses.

IMG_20130117_130615_zps6291b772.jpg

Last edited:

Hello. May I ask where you got your Jakks Rocky 3 figure? There is something different about it... I have the Jakks rocky 3 figure, and I know the body is supposed to be more lean than that one. The color of the glove straps should be red with white highlights, instead of predominantly white. And the head sculpt should be closer to the look of the Neca figure...the one you have there has a "young" Rocky head sculpt. If I have to guess...I think what you have there is a Tommy Gunn body with a young Rocky head.

Nice pics Maul, love that one. Picked up Rocky 3 today, I like it more than I thought. The gold and black looks sweet along with the Rocky script on it.

Great pics MF. I picked up the Rocky and Apollo two-pack today. Glad I did, the likeness is great on both of them.

@joda76 the Rocky III is my favorite figure, It even says Rocky on the back of his boots.

I placed another order with Toys R' Us and this time, they gave me the non-battle damaged Rocky IV! Maybe they ran out of the BD version or they actually read my message (placed under "Gift Message") : "Please do NOT ship me www.toysrus.com product index.jsp?productId=16403706 and www.toysrus.com product index.jsp?productId=16403716. I already have bruised versions!"
(Apologies for the broken English, the space was limited so I had to cut a few words out to fit inside the message box!)

From Left to Right: BD Rocky I, Rocky III, Rocky IV, and customized Rocky Balboa
IMG_20130201_154030_zpsa636c0a4.jpg

IMG_20130201_154206_zps2bd8271e.jpg

For Rocky Balboa, I used the Jakks Pacific Rocky Balboa head with Ivan Drago's torso (upper and lower). The forearms, hands, and legs are from BD Rocky IV. I would've used the entire body of BD Rocky IV but the body looked too skinny for the Rocky Balboa head (and his head wobbled on that body). Placing Rocky Balboa's head on Ivan Drago's torso fits well. As you can see, it's a bit shorter than the Rocky I figure (it's a bit taller than the Rocky III and IV figure).
IMG_20130201_154316_zps294d9cea.jpg

I first thought Rocky III and IV used the same head but I was wrong. The color of Rocky IV's skin is a bit redder.
IMG_20130201_154411_zps568d9344.jpg

This picture was taken with a wide angle lens (thus the picture curve and the image stretching on the sides).
IMG_20130201_154612_zpsf721b46e.jpg

I'm going to use Clubber Lang's black shorts on my custom Rocky Balboa figure and use Clubber Lang's torso (with the BD Rocky IV's shorts) with Mason Dixon's head.

Last edited:
Great pics MF. I picked up the Rocky and Apollo two-pack today. Glad I did, the likeness is great on both of them.

@joda76 the Rocky III is my favorite figure, It even says Rocky on the back of his boots.

Yeah very nice touch to an awesome figure. I need the 2 pack from TRU next then Drago.

Nice!
Reminds me of me after i got Jakks Series 1,slowly growing Sly collection.No idea i was gonna swim in them :lol
I have like 56 of those Jakks figures plus all the Neca figures.

Why no love for Neca's Rocky 1?

Back