NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it seems like they are giving the Alien and Predator waves a 4 to 6 month break right now.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Elder I need one of those too, mine broke. I can see the NES being one of those ones I won’t want until I can’t find it anymore :lol No denying it’s a great looking figure.

Yeah, I can't wait for the new Elder either. Hopefully the paintwork will be as good as the first release was.

y2etubyq.jpg

I am not a fan of the Kenner stuff or all of the repaints. It's cool for those of you that like them, but I think I am done with NECA Predators until they release the AvP Preds.

So I have finally got Series 9 and man I can't believe I have waited this long to get them. :slap

The Water Emergence Predator and Jungle Encounter Dutch are really good but the Jungle Disguise Dutch is where its at. Maybe NECA's best figure to date. Anyways I love this set and now I need to make my mind up on whether to continue with Series 10? :gah:

Now they just need to re release every single predator but now with removable masks.

no they don't if anything they need to go back to the lost tribe and redo all the predators with out bios to have bio masks like lost predator/ amrored lost lost predator.

They are still saying a removable mask will compromise the accuracy of movie Predators so it doesn’t look like that will happen. I can see what they mean when you look at the Jungle hunter with his twitched mandible unless they are pressed close it wont fit on the head..

Mah, that's bull, it's been proven that masks don't necessarily compromise the sculpt.

no they don't if anything they need to go back to the lost tribe and redo all the predators with out bios to have bio masks like lost predator/ amrored lost lost predator.

It's like you don't even know it's NECA :lol

Mah, that's bull, it's been proven that masks don't necessarily compromise the sculpt.

I didn’t say it would I said I can see where they are coming from in regards to certain sculpts. My example is an iconic look that would make the mask pop off due to lack of space in the mouth area.

I've seen customizers do the old hot water trick on a jungle hunter, close the mandibles a little more, which is still 100% accurate to the likeness (and in fact looks way better than the retail way) and put on a custom made removable bio, which doesn't look over sized at all, in fact I posted pics here, so I refuse to believe that a major company doesn't have the means an amateur customizer does.

But it's only natural that NECA like all the other 6" toy lines prefers to release variants.

Here it is if you're curious: https://sabretoothsworkshop.blogspot.mx/2012/07/neca-classic-predator-wremovable-mask.html

Isn’t altering the sculpt so it can fit the same as compromising it. You sacrifice the expression the sculptor was going for so the mask can fit. I now what you’re saying and it can be done, Neca are doing it on that new Pred but I think you’re missing the point in my original post.

No it's not, closing the mandibles a bit more does nothing to the expression, in fact, other than the mandibles open&closed, the expression is the same, there's no room for an interpretation of the artist when it comes to Neca predators.

I'm not missing the point, you said a removable bio would compromise the accuracy, well, it does not, as far as I can tell.

As long as the likeness is untouched, it's all fine, in my book anyway.

It's like you don't even know it's NECA :lol

oh and you do? well if you did so much why are you sitting here crying over a removable mask that would look all funky when you play it on, i rather like having the bios on so taking them off wouldnt bother me, and the way btw you are saying it would ruin the design of the figure. now if they were to have two mouth pieces that you can pull out and change (one being the bio and other being the fangs) i can see why you would push for it, but its not.

I've seen customizers do the old hot water trick on a jungle hunter, close the mandibles a little more, which is still 100% accurate to the likeness (and in fact looks way better than the retail way) and put on a custom made removable bio, which doesn't look over sized at all, in fact I posted pics here, so I refuse to believe that a major company doesn't have the means an amateur customizer does.

But it's only natural that NECA like all the other 6" toy lines prefers to release variants.

Here it is if you're curious: https://sabretoothsworkshop.blogspot.mx/2012/07/neca-classic-predator-wremovable-mask.html
Yeah that really does look a lot better.

Yeah that really does look a lot better.

missing the point that would take up alot of time to produce all the figures too like that and those manhours turn into more money needed to pay them, id rather pay 20 for the predator i want then 25-30 to get a predator i wouldnt want ( which is like the p1 or p2 un masked

Back