NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So beautiful... going to span over two detolfs...

I'm nervous about an articulated jaw looking like a cut joint, but maybe it will be swappable pieces.

I hope they include a couple barrels (yes with three he can) maybe supported with wired "lines" trailing behind him.
I think Bruce’s jowels can hide a joint pretty well.

One thing that appeals to me a lot with NECA is that the pectoral fins will likely be separate in packaging and so you could display it with one of them off for space considerations. An issue I have with the Sideshow maquette is that it’s not only long, but the pectoral fins make it wide and they’re also thin, so you hesitate to to put in certain spots worrying about hitting one and snapping it off.

Will be over the moon if not only Hooper is revealed on Monday but also Bruce and Brody preferably in his Orca outfit. If we’re going to have all three guys, I’d rather them all from the same scene and for me, it’s his more iconic look.

A4578C4E-7430-4474-8EDB-7DC919AB7BEE.jpeg

this look is the most versatile for Hooper, it covers his arrival at Amory as well as the first day on the Orca.

Quint only has an Orcs look. It’s curious why they went with the chief outfit for Brody originally unless there was hope to release multiples of him that may be squashed by the troubles they’re having getting one out.

I’m eager to see if Toony Terrors will cover all 3 since no likeness rights.

My Quint arrived today. I am really impressed with it. That type of figure is not one I would ever buy. I never have been a fan of the Mego look and had concerns that this would turn out to look like a Mego but well it was Jaws so I got sucked in. In person he turned out really well (for $35). My 7 year old decided he needed to be posed with the crushed can in his hand. She then asked if we could change his clothes. :slap

Did you get the current Quint fighting Shark?

I wonder if that would be the motif... Brody on mast fighting shark.... Hooper in cage fighting shark. That would be awesome!
Not yet, waiting to see if there's more figures in the line. As a stand alone piece, it just doesn't wow me enough, that's why I'm hoping to see it expand to all 3.

Picked up the last Quint at my Target today. It was all or nothing for me on these so I didn’t get a preorder in for Quint. With Hooper potentially happening now, I wanted to secure Quint in case we get the other two now.

As far as Toony Terrors, likeness do unfortunately apply. When the Brady twins came out, everyone was asking Randy if Jack was coming. Apparently they made one, but could get him approved because “a likeness is a likeness.” They almost didn’t even go through with the Twins at that point. So apparently even caricatures require likeness rights.

That's very curious then, because if there was an issue getting Dreyfus and Scheider for realistic style figures, can't imagine cartoony is an easy sell.

It would seem that NECA's Toony figures are too close in likeness then. ReAction and Funko Pop didn't have issues putting out all 3 JAWS guys.

Lol I like how some of you call him Bruce. I’ve been calling him jaws for years. I know that was his on set name tho.

It’s any easy way to be clear you’re talking about the JAWS shark. I see Jaws as a name and I think Bond villain.

Back