NECA Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Retro figures of Cooper and Brand coming this year!

Interstellar-Figures-by-NECA.jpg

NECA Gets Interstellar License and Goes Retro - The Toyark - News

Last edited:
I'm glad someone is making Interstellar figures. Its one of my favorite movies of all time. I wish it wasn't the mego style but I'll pick these up. I really hope NECA decides to make Tars and Case.

The retro style is weird. It would have been nice to get sculpted toys. Maybe they found out that they could probably reuse the pattern for the Taylor figure to make the suits for these guys?

I'm glad someone is making Interstellar figures. Its one of my favorite movies of all time. I wish it wasn't the mego style but I'll pick these up. I really hope NECA decides to make Tars and Case.
Randy on twitter said no to TARS and CASE.

I think Tars and Case would be hard to pull off in terms of articulation. Maybe they're waiting to see some interest in the line and if it does well they'll consider it.

I assume they went with the MEGO style because it's cheaper and a license like Interstellar could be a risk.

Back when the Django figures were announced, I asked Randy on twitter why they went with the MEGO style and he said its cheaper and they didn't have enough time to make actual action figures. But maybe they're more expensive because they're larger and come with "real clothes" and more accessories than most of their 7 inch figures.

I'm not a fan of these goofy-looking retro figures but I'm happy to see some Interstellar figures. I hope someone does make a TARS/CASE figure eventually and it would be great if maybe HT would make some 1/6 Interstellar figures.

Back