NECA Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But their "MEGO" figures cost more than their regular figures. :huh

Back when the Django figures were announced, I asked Randy on twitter why they went with the MEGO style and he said its cheaper and they didn't have enough time to make actual action figures. But maybe they're more expensive because they're larger and come with "real clothes" and more accessories than most of their 7 inch figures.

He probably meant cheaper to produce. There's less steel mold costs. Instead of doing a unique body with a unique sculpt, they can use the same body you've used with their other retro lines.

This is so awesome! Interstellar is my favorite film of all time. These don't really look retro which is good. They look pretty detailed. I really hope hot toys or someone makes a custom 1/6 Cooper but this is awesome. I can't wait!

Last edited:
I had no idea they were making these, BOUGHT.

The MEGO style is probably a nod to Madelman's 2001 figures and that sort of thing.

And tbh, they're more timeless than sculpted figures.

Randy on twitter said no to TARS and CASE.
Why on earth would they do that?

Because 'sometimes you have to go back to move forward'
The tragedy of being unable to rep someone.

EPViQpW.gif

Yeah i agree.
The fact that they're retro will have a lasting appeal where most sculpted figures will just look outdated.

So Coop and Brand are coming in June together in a box set for around $60. They're also going to be pretty limited. NECA-New-York-Toy-Fair-2015-13.jpg

Very nice! I still need to see the movie but I'll probably pick both up.

Thanks for the bump, I had forgotten about these.
They look pretty good for what they are...proportions seem good.

Back