Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may just have to go to my Best Buy this week to see if they have Creature. Their site said "August" until August, then it said September. It was a pre-order up until the other day and has said "Unavailable" ever since.
It popped open again this morning which is when I ordered mine. It's even moved up and has already shipped. Should be here Saturday. 🤞🏻

Not sure if anyone remembers the awesome Burger King kids meal Universal Monsters from the 90’s but NECA is making homages of those as well through Loot Crate’s Fright Crate. Frankenstein is of course first and a perfect rendition. Crate is available for a little while longer. No details on when the other 3 might drop but presumably in the next 3 following crates.

https://lootcrate.com/products/loot-fright

Not sure if anyone remembers the awesome Burger King kids meal Universal Monsters from the 90’s but NECA is making homages of those as well through Loot Crate’s Fright Crate. Frankenstein is of course first and a perfect rendition. Crate is available for a little while longer. No details on when the other 3 might drop but presumably in the next 3 following crates.

https://lootcrate.com/products/loot-fright
Remember them? I still have a bagged set, and oodles of opened ones that my children loved all those years ago,lol.

I was the right age for those back in the day so they hit my nostalgia button with these. Looking back those were some of the best kid meal toys ever made. Someone that was a big fan was clearly involved. Nearly Kenner quality 5 POA figures. Even as a kid I thought they were surprisingly well done. I have to imagine BK lost money on them with such high production value. I suppose kids meals are often loss leaders to sell adult meals.

I’m curious if the NECA figures will come with any kind of version of their tables, coffins, or cellars to finish the homage?

I picked up the Phantom of the Opera this past weekend at Target, decided to start opening the couple I had but have yet to open, the Bride is absolutely amazing! Perfect paint on each and every head. Made me regret not picking up the B&W Bride when I bought Phantom.
I need to pick up the Invisible Man then I'm caught up on characters. I had the chance to buy the Mummy accessory set on Amazon for $22 Sunday, but I procrastinated and it went all the way back up a couple of hours later. Still feeling irked by that.

It's nice to see that they kept the lips on the Creature more skin-like. A lot of red lipped ones have looked like clown make-up. Well played NECA!

I'll watch it this week. I am ashamed. :lol
I once got to watch it in a theater with Julie Adams on her birthday! Afterwards the whole theater sang her "Happy Birthday." It really is quite good, and even though I prefer the 30's gothic horror style Universal picture, Creature is a standout.

I once got to watch it in a theater with Julie Adams on her birthday! Afterwards the whole theater sang her "Happy Birthday." It really is quite good, and even though I prefer the 30's gothic horror style Universal picture, Creature is a standout.
I love B Monsters films as well as the gothic era classics. There's a reason why the Creature stands out. Opposite of films of the same era like Monster on the Campus, etc...he remains unforgettable for the same reason Alien and Predator do. The design is classic, the film has good atmosphere and supporting casts, and the soundtrack is immediately recognizable. With regards to design....if the Creature was ever remade, there would be no need to "update" the design of the suit. It's....perfect. Just....perfect.

It popped open again this morning which is when I ordered mine. It's even moved up and has already shipped. Should be here Saturday. 🤞🏻

Nada at my store, and my bad luck with the site continues. It now just says "Sold Out" instead of pre-order. Lot of the other sites, like BBTS and EE, are saying it's coming to them later this month or October, so I have options. I wanna finish my display with him and Drac/Frank before Halloween, though. :bat2:

Of course mine was delayed till Monday. Fingers crossed it gets here then. I caved and order Phantom of Amazon. Couple of bucks more than everywhere else but it should be here Tuesday. That will be all for me on this line till London After Midnight gets released.

I love B Monsters films as well as the gothic era classics. There's a reason why the Creature stands out. Opposite of films of the same era like Monster on the Campus, etc...he remains unforgettable for the same reason Alien and Predator do. The design is classic, the film has good atmosphere and supporting casts, and the soundtrack is immediately recognizable. With regards to design....if the Creature was ever remade, there would be no need to "update" the design of the suit. It's....perfect. Just....perfect.

Yeah, the Creature is a fave for me too. I think I may have detailed some of my collection on UMA, so you may well be familiar with what I have. It's interesting you mention Predator, I'm still convinced that the sounds the Predator makes are the same as the sounds made by the Creature. It's when the Predator is fighting Arnie that you hear it most.

Nada at my store, and my bad luck with the site continues. It now just says "Sold Out" instead of pre-order. Lot of the other sites, like BBTS and EE, are saying it's coming to them later this month or October, so I have options. I wanna finish my display with him and Drac/Frank before Halloween, though. :bat2:
You'll just have to keep looking. Don't rule out eBay, there are still reputable sellers out there. I don't know when I'll get mine, I have 2 retailers local to me that will get him in, but, being in the UK, they won't get them for a while as yet.

Finally got this creature. Haven't had a chance to open it but it seems much darker in person then I was getting from pictures. Also anyone wanting a nice boxed figure, maybe avoid "Best" Buy. It arrived ok but the box was crushed. It was shipped in a padded envelope so no structure other than the art box.
I've reworked the paint on all fo these so far and the Creature will be no different. I think it's a quality paint job but doesn't match what has been in my brain for years.

Here is a quick one straight from th box

Attachments

• 20230912_064355.jpg
    20230912_064355.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 0
Back