Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
TAKE HEED MY FRIENDS, NECA HAS ACQUIRED UNI AS WELL AS HAMMER. THIS IS THEIR TWITTER ICON AT PRESENT!!!!! Looks like an Ultimate figure. Note the wrist articulation. I am sure they may do color and black and white given their marketing for other lines. I would expect an announcement soonish. They also hinted Hammer at the end of last year. Gonna be a good year for classic monsters!

1Sy0vgo.jpg

I’m excited for this. Wasn’t ever quite sold on Diamond’s versions. Love Neca’s work so I’m excited. Hopefully it’s not just a one and done. I have to assume we’ll get both b&w and color versions. Maybe even Basil Gogos painted ones if Kong is any indication.

I have all the old 7" Sideshow Universal line but very excited to add this to my collection. Is it also true Hammer??? Seriously "Curse of Frankenstein, Curse of the Werewolf, Christopher Lee Dracula, Peter Cushing Dr. Frankenstein......somebody pass me a tissue.

Do we reckon Frankenstein will be taller than normal 7 inches given the character is enormous?!

Not really, Karloff wasn’t a giant guy but they made him look much taller than he was. Probably come out to be the same size as Jason figures I’d guess.

Do we reckon Frankenstein will be taller than normal 7 inches given the character is enormous?!

Not really, Karloff wasn’t a giant guy but they made him look much taller than he was. Probably come out to be the same size as Jason figures I’d guess.

In the novel the monster is described as 8 feet tall.

However, Karloff was 5'11'' and wore 4 inch boots so that puts him at 6'3. Add about 2 inches of makeup on top of his head, and he's about 6'5''...my guess. I don't know if there are any official measurements. I'd like to know them.

Right, the creature in the novel was much different than the Karloff version. Clearly they wanted him larger than he actually was but he certainly wasn’t even close to 8 feet. I suspect he’ll be the tallest of the Universal Monsters (except maybe the Metaluna Mutant’s bulbous head) but he won’t be overly larger. Wouldn’t put it past Neca to put out Chaney, Lugosi, and Strange versions too since most of them had nearly identical outfits. Neca loves a good license milking.

That torso really need to be slimmed down, otherwise he looks pretty good.

The headsculpt on the Mezco 1:12 is gonna be hard to beat. Pretty much the perfect "Frankenstein" figure other than the sloppy tailoring on the pants. Always down for more Universal Monsters though. I still have just about all of the old Sideshow 7 inch figures unopened (including Lugosi's Dracula :cool:) and a few of the DST.

Speaking of... another that's gonna be hard to beat is the 2nd release of their Creature...

CreatureTRU1.jpg

^Still holds up today. Hell, the Sideshow Invisible Man still looks great and is pretty much perfect other than being a statue with hardly any articulation. The Chaney Jr. Wolfman still hasn't had a really great figure yet. Probably looking forward to what Neca can do with that the most, that and Dracula of course. I wonder if Neca has Lugosi's likeness rights? I heard his son is hard to deal with.

Last edited:
The headsculpt on the Mezco 1:12 is gonna be hard to beat. Pretty much the perfect "Frankenstein" figure other than the sloppy tailoring on the pants. Always down for more Universal Monsters though. I still have just about all of the old Sideshow 7 inch figures unopened (including Lugosi's Dracula :cool:) and a few of the DST.

Speaking of... another that's gonna be hard to beat is the 2nd release of their Creature...

View attachment 505270

^Still holds up today. Hell, the Sideshow Invisible Man still looks great and is pretty much perfect other than being a statue with hardly any articulation. The Chaney Jr. Wolfman still hasn't had a really great figure yet. Probably looking forward to what Neca can do with that the most, that and Dracula of course. I wonder if Neca has Lugosi's likeness rights? I heard his son hard to deal with.

Is Lugosi's Dracula a tough one to find?

Is Lugosi's Dracula a tough one to find?

If we're going by Ebay, I'd say so...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=sideshow+toys+universal+monsters+series+5+dracula+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=sideshow+universal+monsters+series+5+dracula+figure+7+inch

Most of the older Sideshow figures are pretty pricey now. I got lucky and found Dracula years ago on Amazon marketplace unopened/near mint for only $30.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think Lugosi's son allows too many toy companies his likeness any more. Wants too much $$$.

Last edited:
Back